The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, stawns said:

You can't blame him for wanting the start.  Of course his initial reaction is going to be mad.........if he phones this game in, then sure.  But he didn't, he came in and played well.

Yeah I hope he starts tomorrow. 

If we can't beat Buffalo with halak... Who cares... Just start Halak. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Motte is worth more than a second to me. If rather Re-sign him as I don't a second will then out as good as Motte. 

Id rather sign him and promote him to see if he can put up better numbers playing with better players

He could be burrows 

I was actually going to suggest a late first or an early second. I just don’t know if a pure rental UFA is gonna get you a first round pick especially providing with Motte brings.

11 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I actually expected them to win this one if for no other reason than to keep us from selling.  

At this point, you gotta think we’re wiopen for business. 

Yeahup, hopefully we lose to Buffalo to remove all doubt. Although I don't think last game matters at all. This team has been absolutely pitiful at times through two coaches since day one. Time to get better, not cling on.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Who cares. He’s now earned his bonus and he gets paid whether he plays or not. So much for being a team player 

Clearly he did

Players wanna play games, not periods 

Yeah, it wasn't a good look, but neither was what he watched them put up in front of Demko 

Just now, RWJC said:

Well, do you think it’s a fair response?

To what?  Saying I can see why halak would be upset?  I said I understood why BB did it, and I never said he didn't have the right or shouldn't have done it....... but it is a chickensh!t move to pull.

You're free to fly off the handle as much as you want, what do I care?

30 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Think both Miller and especially Horvat needs to go. They are the leaders and we are seeing their leadership fail with all these slow starts.

We can't blame the coaching, it is happening with both Green and Boudreau.

So Miller has 2 not great games ( none of the Canucks played well tonight ) and you want to trade him?

To quote Sportsnet "The assist extended Miller's point streak to 13 games, with 25 points (eight goals, 19 assists) going back to Feb. 12. He is the first Canuck to put up a 13-game point streak since Ryan Kessler accomplished the feat in 2010. "

1 minute ago, drdeath said:

Tomorrow is going to be the biggest game for this team since the bubble playoffs. A lot of guys looking like they want to be traded over the last couple of games but I just don't know who's willing to pay enough.

I think the biggest games have already happened and we lost them... 

3 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I really feel management putting a lot of thought into resigning him. It makes more sense to talk to his agent in the off-season than it does to rush the decision right now. He may fit into the cap structure moving forward. He is the type of player we need moving forward.

That isn't necessarily the same as being the player we need moving forward 

Heart isn't unique to Miller

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

To what?  Saying I can see why halak would be upset?  I said I understood why BB did it, and I never said he didn't have the right or shouldn't have done it....... but it is a chickensh!t move to pull.

You're free to fly off the handle as much as you want, what do I care?

Chicken$&!# move by sheltering Demko’s confidence? You think Halak is more important than that? 

Edited by RWJC

2 minutes ago, Fen1010 said:

Are you getting a good offer right now? Rumor mill has it that the Nucks are being lowballed

Well it's not going to be better at the draft.  But, I've always said they shouldn't be, nor do I think they are, dumping him

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Motte is worth more than a second to me. If rather Re-sign him as I don't a second will then out as good as Motte. 

Id rather sign him and promote him to see if he can put up better numbers playing with better players

He could be burrows 

Too risky. 
He will go to the highest bidder July 1 and that won’t be us. 

Just now, AnotherCanucksFan said:

So Miller has 2 not great games ( none of the Canucks played well tonight ) and you want to trade him?

To quote Sportsnet "The assist extended Miller's point streak to 13 games, with 25 points (eight goals, 19 assists) going back to Feb. 12. He is the first Canuck to put up a 13-game point streak since Ryan Kessler accomplished the feat in 2010. "

You need to give value to get value. We need the assets from Miller to get ourselves out of the bad contracts Jimbo signed. 

We need to take a few steps back to get to contender status again. Be ready for 2 years of pain. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I really feel management putting a lot of thought into resigning him. It makes more sense to talk to his agent in the off-season than it does to rush the decision right now. He may fit into the cap structure moving forward. He is the type of player we need moving forward.

I don't think that, personally.

Just now, bad alice french said:

Too risky. 
He will go to the highest bidder July 1 and that won’t be us. 

Yeah if they can't Re-sign him by Monday, trade him. 

Or.... Trade him if the offer is better than a late 2nd... (if it's a. Second round, it'll be late as only a contender would trade for him) 

That being said, I would do everything I could to Re-sign him before the TDL if. All I am seeing out there is a 2nd.