The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Dermott | #24 | D

-AJ-

57 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Great to have him back. I'm not expecting a lot early on with the amount of time he's missed, but it would be great if he can settle down Myers on the 3rd pairing and give us a 3rd pairing that can actually play 18+ minutes a night. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 9:54 AM, AK_19 said:

I'm surprised he's being scratched over Stillman. Was his performance back in the line-up that bad?

Maybe just being careful with him. I think they want him to be a regular next season and being careful with his recovery now leading up to his off-season is huge 

but curious if the head injury is just too much like poolman and he won’t be on the team next year. Be interesting to see if one of Wolanin or Brisebois finish strong here and stick for our bottom pairing next year. I’m sure they are going to be given every opportunity to compete now for that

Edited by R3aL

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Please don't re-sign this player, AIlvin

It's sad that he wasn't able to really show us his potential, but at this point unless he's willing to take a <1M show me contract I definitely agree. We can't keep paying guys to be injured and we already have enough guys that can fill a 6/7 role.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Diamonds said:

It's sad that he wasn't able to really show us his potential, but at this point unless he's willing to take a <1M show me contract I definitely agree. We can't keep paying guys to be injured and we already have enough guys that can fill a 6/7 role.

His potential is 6/7 defenseman. Nothing special. I'd rather the team bring Schenn back as a third pairing veteran bulldozer, or re-sign Burroughs, who's been the definition of reliable. The defense needs more heft, not players like Dermott. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Please don't re-sign this player, AIlvin

Dermott did nothing wrong during this time here. I don't understand the hate. He filled in the role admirably. He was steady on the backend. He wasn't flashy, but that's not what his game is about.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Dermott did nothing wrong during this time here. I don't understand the hate. He filled in the role admirably. He was steady on the backend. He wasn't flashy, but that's not what his game is about.

Equating hoping that a player doesn't get re-signed with hating them is ridiculous. 

• RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

It's what happens when people / society trends towards seeing things in black and white - or, using a different symbolism, as a light switch: on or off, without realizing there's a knob or slider that can help provide variable degrees of lighting.

Excellent f**king analogy, 6of1. Hopefully Dermott can manage with all the "hate" thrown at him.....

• Cheers 1

• 2 months later...