The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will anyone be upset if we get a typical Canucks answer? There was nothing out there.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

I was upset because I got up early and got ready for the TV show.

Just a dozen of the usual doughheads (not KB3) yapping away, can't stand watching 'The Panel' anymore.

Regurgitate, regurgitate, think you're clever, phony laughing, etc.

So changed directions and getting better news here and Mo Nux!

32 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am sort of on the fence about trades being made today. The one thing I do get tired of is that there was nothing out there when other teams seem to find trades to make. I really think they have to, have to deal Motte. You can't let him walk for nothing. Other than that, it would surprise me if they do much this trade deadline. I think alot of their work will be in the offseason. I just want to know if anyone will be upset if they don't do much?

I for one am extremely happy that there is no movement outside of Hamonic and Dermott.

22-10-6

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

With how aggressive JR was with Pittsburgh I'll be upset if we just stand pat. After his 3 month assessment of our team, if he can't change more than hamonic for Dermott, that tells me he thinks this team has the right tools to take the next step forward (which it doesn't).

Thing is, it’s Allvin running the show. JR’s not really behind the moves, just there to assist and mentor Allvin. 

But I agree, if all we did is swap between the two Travis’s I’m gonna be quite upset.

I want to see at least one big move. there's too much beige on this team. We have some big names that are worth some good prospects and picks. I mean it takes two to make a trade, but I cant believe with some of the overpayment that happened over the weekend, that there is simply nothing out there for us. 

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

A creative GM, can find a trading partner.   If the reason, for the inactivity is the offers Allvin is receiving are low ball offers, then wait till the offseason 

Low ball offers are better to take then letting them walk for nothing. (Motte)

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

Theres really no point making a move at the trade deadline unless you get something great back. The idea of trading at the deadline is the teams that think they can win it all pay more than  they would during the off season. If they arent willing to pony up more than why make the deal. Wait until the draft and see what you get offered there.

Personally id rather they sign Motte and look to lose salary elsewhere.  Pearson, Boeser, Poolman , Myers, OEL

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I was upset because I got up early and got ready for the TV show.

Just a dozen of the usual doughheads (not KB3) yapping away, can't stand watching 'The Panel' anymore.

Regurgitate, regurgitate, think you're clever, phony laughing, etc.

So changed directions and getting better news here and Mo Nux!

It's either that or listening to (SN650) Drance blabbing on an on and on and on........

10 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Thing is, it’s Allvin running the show. JR’s not really behind the moves, just there to assist and mentor Allvin. 

But I agree, if all we did is swap between the two Travis’s I’m gonna be quite upset.

Who knows. We have the largest management group in the NHL. So large they can't seem to agree on anything.

Looks like alot of teams are gonna run out of time.

Still lots of notable contenders who haven’t made a significant move yet.

Either that or we’re gonna see 15 trades in the last hour.

Edited by DeNiro

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Who knows. We have the largest management group in the NHL. So large they can't seem to agree on anything.

If we don’t get a single draft pick, not manage to dump some cap, or acquire at least a prospect, then I don’t know man. Super tired of this $&!#.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

If we don’t get a single draft pick, not manage to dump some cap, or acquire at least a prospect, then I don’t know man. Super tired of this $&!#.

I've come to terms that we'll be a bottom 15 team for a long time.

Anecdotally I would say this is one of the busier deadlines in recent memory... the only problem is most of the work was done well in advance of the deadline.

Of course the Canucks choose to capitulate a few days before the deadline, not leaving enough time for management to make any worthwhile deals.

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

It would be nice in the future if we made deals before trade deadline day. I do get tired of last minute deals that almost seem desperate rather than making sense. It feels like years since we have had deals that are encouraging or make sense.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

The team needs change. If it comes today because someone is willing to overpay, great. If not, they have all summer to move players, sign players etc. Don't trade for tradings' sake to appease fans. So far we have a 1.5 million $ cap dump, an upside bottom pair Defenseman and we got rid of Hamonic the Drama Queen.