The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Evgenii Dadonov, conditional 2023 2nd-round pick to Ducks for Ryan Kesler, John Moore (VOIDED)

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

The fair thing would be a cap overage penalty of 150-200% next year of what they exceeded this year + forfeiture of some draft picks.

Consequences have to be severe enough to discourage teams from just doing it to win now.

Pretty sure if they got hit with a 10m cap penalty and it forces them to fire sale good players and ice a garbage team next year, AND lost their 1st round pick, teams would think twice of playing the types of stupid games Vegas has been playing. 

They haven't done anything wrong yet, the trade was voided and they still have Stone and Martinez on LTIR, so they are cap compliant.

The issue comes when Stone or Martinez are healthy. VGK need to clear some cap before that happens.

If they can't work out a trade with Dadanov then they could just waive Reilly Smith. I would expect a team like NYR (who are contending but have heaps of cap space) to grab Smith off waivers for free. 

52 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

If they can't work out a trade with Dadanov then they could just waive Reilly Smith. I would expect a team like NYR (who are contending but have heaps of cap space) to grab Smith off waivers for free. 

Pretty sure a player acquired off of waivers after the deadline can't play in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Apparently he had ANA on NTC list due to higher taxes in California. 

ARZ has low taxes, needs players and can get him cheap, maybe a 2nd for Dadonov VGK clears 5 mill and activate Martinez.

They are doing Dandonov extremely dirty if they do that as he can't play after the trade. 

Then again this kind of thing is Vegas M.O.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

They are doing Dandonov extremely dirty if they do that as he can't play after the trade. 

Then again this kind of thing is Vegas M.O.

I think he can play but not in playoffs. 

It's unclear so I'm not sure but i listen to Jeff Marek show in the background and him and Elliot Friedman were discussing this earlier today.

2 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

They haven't done anything wrong yet, the trade was voided and they still have Stone and Martinez on LTIR, so they are cap compliant.

The issue comes when Stone or Martinez are healthy. VGK need to clear some cap before that happens.

My understanding is when Stone and Martinez are healthy they HAVE to activate them. 
So thats where they'd be punished i hope.

Or watch them waive good players or get robbed in a trade, also a reasonable consequence.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Apparently he had ANA on NTC list due to higher taxes in California. 

ARZ has low taxes, needs players and can get him cheap, maybe a 2nd for Dadonov VGK clears 5 mill and activate Martinez.

If that trade was there wouldn’t they have just done it at the deadline instead of taking a bad contract and giving up a pick?

I don’t think Arizona can afford Dadonov. Maybe if Vegas pays a first and retains 2/3 salary.

Edited by DeNiro

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If that trade was there wouldn’t they have just done it at the deadline instead of taking a bad contract and giving up a pick?

I don’t think Arizona can afford Dadonov. Maybe if Vegas pays a first and retains 2/3 salary.

Vegas needs the $5M off their books to activate Martinez so they can’t retain salary at all.