The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Up - Boeser -- Re-Sign or Trade

Rate this topic

HKSR

How Much Will Boeser Get?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

Brock isn't at 7m

His cap hit is 5.85 million yet people are criticizing him as if he is making his QO already - as if its set in stone.

Brock leads the team in corsi, relative corsi, and leads all forward on the team in Fenwick and relative Fenwick.  Contrary to a lot of belief he also has less give aways than Horvat, Hoglander, Garland, Petterson and Miller and is 5th on the team in take aways.

Also, what is fascinating are the Miller / Boeser with and without stats.  Look at Millers CF and Fenwick with and without Brock.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20212022&thruseason=20212022&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=VAN&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=gpdate&fd=2021-12-05&td=2022-04-29&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8478444&p2=8476468&p3=0&p4=0&p5=0

The above puts a hole into the theory that "he does nothing" when he is not scoring - and this is a down year for him.  Yeah I get it, hes not going to run over guys and crash the crease...but if you want a 25-30 goal scorer that engages the opposition like Derek Dorsett you are probably looking at a 8 or 9 million dollar pay day.

I get why he has a target on his back, his QO suggests a big raise.  They could go to arbitration, or he could be reasonable and they can construct a deal where his cap hit isnt significantly higher than it is now.

If he insists on the QO I would trade him.    On second thought...The D on this team is so bad that I think they may have no choice but to trade him or let him walk for very little no matter what his camp demands, just to fix the hole(s) on the back end.

Edited by Darius
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

His cap hit is 5.85 million yet people are criticizing him as if he is making his QO already - as if its set in stone.

Brock leads the team in corsi, relative corsi, and leads all forward on the team in Fenwick and relative Fenwick.  Contrary to a lot of belief he also has less give aways than Horvat, Hoglander, Garland, Petterson and Miller and is 5th on the team in take aways.

Also, what is fascinating are the Miller / Boeser with and without stats.  Look at Millers CF and Fenwick with and without Brock.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20212022&thruseason=20212022&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=VAN&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=gpdate&fd=2021-12-05&td=2022-04-29&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8478444&p2=8476468&p3=0&p4=0&p5=0

The above puts a hole into the theory that "he does nothing" when he is not scoring - and this is a down year for him.  Yeah I get it, hes not going to run over guys and crash the crease...but if you want a 25-30 goal scorer that engages the opposition like Derek Dorsett you are probably looking at a 8 or 9 million dollar pay day.

I get why he has a target on his back, his QO suggests a big raise.  They could go to arbitration, or he could be reasonable and they can construct a deal where his cap hit isnt significantly higher than it is now.

If he insists on the QO I would trade him.    On second thought...The D on this team is so bad that I think they may have no choice but to trade him or let him walk for very little no matter what his camp demands, just to fix the hole(s) on the back end.

I'd really like to see something in the mid-6's for 7 or 8 years, that seems really reasonable to me. If his camp says no then we need to move on. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

I'd like to trade him. That said I don't know how to value his worth.  

What's Boeser worth.  ? 

I think Boeser is worth 6.3 -- 6.6 million going on previous years..Playing 75 games -- 25--30 G -- PTS 58--65

Boeser is a slower skater but  26 goal guys are hard to find... We can't trade both Boeser and Garland ..

We are always against cap..I would really like to trade Miller only for the big return we should get..

Example -- Schneider 20, 6'1 RD or Lundkvist 5'11, 21 RD, --- Chytil, 23, 6'3, C, Kravtsov 22, W, 6'2 -- 2022 , Robertson, 21, 6'4 LD-- 2024 -3rd rounder

Rangers don't have many top picks in next 2 years..

Top young RD man under 24

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I think Boeser is worth 6.3 -- 6.6 million going on previous years..Playing 75 games -- 25--30 G -- PTS 58--65

Boeser is a slower skater but  26 goal guys are hard to find... We can't trade both Boeser and Garland ..

We are always against cap..I would really like to trade Miller only for the big return we should get..

Example -- Schneider 20, 6'1 RD or Lundkvist 5'11, 21 RD, --- Chytil, 23, 6'3, C, Kravtsov 22, W, 6'2 -- 2022 , Robertson, 21, 6'4 LD-- 2024 -3rd rounder

Also don't like signing Miller 30 yrs old when he signs contract  for  6-7 years  X  7.9  -- 8.6 million..Please no no...

51 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

yea and mayb set him up with BOs skating coach...come on people boeser is not getting any faster, stop pretending that he is an elite goal scorer! 

Dude is top 9 on a loaded team. Never scored 30 goals and people here want to give him 5m +. 

LMAO

Trade him please

He was our best forward last year and is having a down year, which everyone on the team is having aside from Miller, Demko, and Hughes. 

Please don't reply to my posts in the future.

23 minutes ago, wildcam said:

How would you compare miller's value to Boeser?

Besides what you listed what does Boeser do? 

Then list what Miller does. 

Comparatively Miller's got to be worth 12 million no? 

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol his 7.5mil doesn't matter?? what cup contender casually have 7.5mil sitting around for a guy that have an awful season and would love to spend 7.5mil of their salary hoping for a guy would bounce back? his 7.5mil only doesn't matter at the TDL.. are the canucks prepared to sign him to 7.5mil and hope he plays well till the TDL? probably not

You didn't understand my post.

The team that acquires him do not need to qualify him if they think 7.5 mil is too much.

Their motivation for acquiring Brock would be to add scoring for the playoff run at the measly cost of low 1st rounder.

Just imagine if Brock were UFA. Would you pay 1st if we retained 50%? And would you say that's a lowball offer if that's what teams offered us for Brock?

7 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

How would you compare miller's value to Boeser?

Besides what you listed what does Boeser do? 

Then list what Miller does. 

Comparatively Miller's got to be worth 12 million no? 

Miller's new contract is worth lots? 5-7 yrs --7.8 -8.5 million X 6 yrs....Not a big fan of signing 30 year old for over 8 million..

Boeser lead team in scoring last year? Boeser was much better player then Miller between age 20--25? Look at there stats???

Miller -2019-20 GP -69 - G 27 -- PTS- 72

2020-21 GP -53-  G 15 -- PTS -46

2021 -22 GP- 62 - G25 - PTS -- 75

Miller 29,  gives us best trade return and he is much older then Boeser 25, Horvat 26, Garland 25

Also trading Miller keeps the salary cap in control... Lets trade Miller this summer..

55 minutes ago, Darius said:

Wow, what the heck is going on with Miller?

Miller's corsi without Pearson also is staggeringly bad at 43.38.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20212022&thruseason=20212022&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=VAN&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=gpdate&fd=2021-12-05&td=2022-04-29&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8476871&p2=8476468&p3=0&p4=0&p5=0

And JT without Pearson and Brock is at 33.90 (although it's only 62 minutes)!

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20212022&thruseason=20212022&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=VAN&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=gpdate&fd=2021-12-05&td=2022-04-29&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8476871&p2=8476468&p3=8478444&p4=0&p5=0

I'm confused. Someone smart care to explain? How can a player that seemingly dominates the puck possession have such poor possession stat without Pearson and Boeser?

Just now, wildcam said:

Miller's new contract is worth lots? 5-7 yrs --7.8 -8.5 million X 6 yrs....Not a big fan of signing 30 year old for over 8 million..

Boeser lead team in scoring last year? Boeser was much better player then Miller between age 20--25? Look at there stats???

Miller -2019-20 GP -69 - G 27 -- PTS- 72

2020-21 GP -53-  G 15 -- PTS -46

2021 -22 GP- 62 - G25 - PTS -- 75

Miller 29,  gives us best trade return and he is much older then Boeser 25, Horvat 26, Garland 25

Also trading Miller keeps the salary cap in control... Lets trade Miller this summer..

Yes, that term bothers me.

But Miller is a far better player.  Boeser will never be the complete player Miller is as far as I'm concerned.    

And your right about boesers points,  he just doesn't contribute much else . 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Yes, that term bothers me.

But Miller is a far better player.  Boeser will never be the complete player Miller is as far as I'm concerned.    

And your right about boesers points,  he just doesn't contribute much else . 

Yes I agree Boeser 6'1, 205 does not play a complete game, lacks speed and grit..Should be a regular 25-30 goal scorer..Not worth more then 6.5 million X 4 yrs.

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

He was our best forward last year and is having a down year, which everyone on the team is having aside from Miller, Demko, and Hughes. 

Please don't reply to my posts in the future.

truth hurts bud. 

JT miller has been our best forward for last 3 years i guess you forgot about him. 

Boeser will getting traded cause management seems smarter than fanbase here

You dont want me to reply? leave the forum

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, khay said:

You didn't understand my post.

The team that acquires him do not need to qualify him if they think 7.5 mil is too much.

Their motivation for acquiring Brock would be to add scoring for the playoff run at the measly cost of low 1st rounder.

Just imagine if Brock were UFA. Would you pay 1st if we retained 50%? And would you say that's a lowball offer if that's what teams offered us for Brock?

u dont understand i just said he has no value after the tdl what playoff run are we talking about after the tdl?? the canucks are not in a cap situation where they can afford to pay brock 7.5mil next year and be anything resembalnce of competitve.. they have 12mil ish next year in cap space we need a backup goalie we need a top 4 rhd we need to sign we need to sign 5 other player to fill out the bottom 6..  

Guess this comes down to Miller or Boeser.   Only if Boeser played with the same tenacity as Miller, this would be an easier choice.   Lest we forget about last year, when Boeser was one of our best player (56 games and 49 points - led the team).   Preferably, we keep the younger Boeser and let Miller win his cup, with another team.

If I am GM, I would offer him his QO for a one year show me type deal or a long-term deal, at a reduced cost (5 million per year) from his QO.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

39 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

truth hurts bud. 

JT miller has been our best forward for last 3 years i guess you forgot about him. 

Boeser will getting traded cause management seems smarter than fanbase here

You dont want me to reply? leave the forum

Jimmy Fallon Shame GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

u dont understand i just said he has no value after the tdl what playoff run are we talking about after the tdl?? the canucks are not in a cap situation where they can afford to pay brock 7.5mil next year and be anything resembalnce of competitve.. they have 12mil ish next year in cap space we need a backup goalie we need a top 4 rhd we need to sign we need to sign 5 other player to fill out the bottom 6..  

what?? after TDL, no trades can be made. No body has any value. Even McDavid has zero value. Every single player has zero value after the TDL man. 

lol WTF...

3 hours ago, Darius said:

I'm glad the advanced stats show this because I've always noticed that he seems quite safe defensively. He's not making stupid jumps up the ice or gambles often the way you see Miller do all the time (must be a coach's nightmare watching them try to dangle on the offensive blueline). Boeser is safe, unflattering and not a sexy winger but you need this because evidently he's got a good Corsi. He does defend surprisingly well. 

When I watch replays of goals scored against us, if it's a forward's fault often it's not Brock and he's on the ice a lot. You'll see Miller, Bo or Petey lose their man or check countless times but to be fair, Brock doesn't come up in the defensive low lights often and he deserves credit for this. Sure, he doesn't score the way he can and should, but you've got to say he's a decent all-around forward.

For me, we have to stick with him because he's a young, good strong all around winger who could explode offensively at any time and he's got a lot of time to do so. He's not a guy you give up on. I'd even sign him to a 7M deal if that's really what they push for, but if he continues to underwhelm we look to trade him then, but certainly not now.

I just know, as I'm sure many Canucks fans do, that if we trade him away (be it Pittsburgh or anywhere) he'll end up being a 30-40 goal scorer in a couple of years time. Brock needs and deserves patience.

• Cheers 1

He needs to do what horvat did early and thats work with a power skating coach if he increased his foot speed hed be more valuable and alot more dangerous

i really dont understand why he is not beeing fed in ovis spot just like petey to take advantage of his shot

5-6 mill long term for a guy that scores 25-30 consistently id take but no more than that 

• Cheers 2