The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 26, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Devron said:

Best game of the year

Podz had his best game yet. I hope once Hogs and Dickenson get back we see Petey back on his own line, I just don't like him on the wing and when he's with Horvat he becomes by default a playmaker and 2nd option.

I'd rather see him on a line where everything goes through him.

What a statement game tonight, absolutely huge. 

I have liked both Brad and Travis's games.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Such a strange game.

The first period the Canucks just didn't have the swagger they had earlier in the season when they were winning a lot, but somehow come out of the first period tied at 0-0.

The second period they came out harder, but then Dallas scores first and everyone is shaking their head that here we go again. Petey goes back to doing what he used to do pre-injury and shoots right away and now they're tied 1-1. The Canucks start playing with more confidence.

The third period, Dallas is dominating play but Petey scores again it changes the game. We're finally leading! Luckily we didn't completely collapse and still stayed aggressive, but also took several penalties because Dallas was pressing.

Somehow after multiple times of Demko losing his stick, and they hold on until Horvat scores on an empty net and everyone can breathe again!

I was reminded of 2011 when I used to watch them in the playoffs and pace back and forth watching the TV, because of all the tension! So much tension, hard to believe they won again and still have chance. They changed their chances from 6% if they lost to 17% because they won. 17% chance of making the playoffs is not much, but maybe they'll use these last 3 games as motivation for the next game and keep fighting harder and believing in themselves more.

• Cheers 2

Almost called the exact score, then Miller gets the 4-1 goal, I'll take that any day of the week XD

Petey an absolute beauty tonight that second goal was perfect.

The most legendary game saving save since the Rangers one for Demko. You know it's about to get real when Demmer's playing without his stick! That whole part of the game was just absolutely INSANE!

Amazing performance in what was potentially a season ending game.

• Cheers 2