The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Mar. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The hole dug during the Greenery era is to deep, expecting them to run the table on the road against really good teams is prob unrealistic.

That said I bet they beat these guys when they meet again in Vancouver 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I missed the first, good effort in the second, really needed one before it was over. Terrible start to the third but good bounce back. Powerplay far too often let's them down in important moments, that was the case tonight. Also, Miller drives me nuts, he can have such a poor attitude and not care at all, a little more effort and maybe they don't get the third, and definitely not the empty netter after his brutal giveaway and floating back. Playoffs are a very very slim chance now, but I hope they play good hockey the rest of the way. See some auditions hopefully. 

The result sucks however....  

If that game is played 100 times, Blues win about 55 and we win about 45 of them.  Didn't think that we got outplayed, but our bottom 6 forwards are extremely thin at the moment.  

Lockwood had a strong game, but he's no Motte. Missing Highmore, Hoglander, and Dickinson really showed tonight.  I thought that Lammikko had one of his worst games in a while.  

Brock Boeser was frustrating tonight, but he did have two nice setup plays (one to Richardson, one to Horvat). 

Myers and OEL were rock solid tonight at 5 on 5, as well as on the PK.  I actually thought that Richardson was the weakest link on the PK as he kept letting cross ice passes.  

Halak had a good game.  

Garland was trying his hardest out there, which also resulted in a bad turnover when he tried to do too much. 

Pearson was a beast on the boards.  There's no one on our team that does all the dirty work like him and does it as well as he does. 

Onto the next one! 

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Lots of players struggled today. 

Only good thing I saw was Lockwood, our PK and Myers getting angry at Vlad

I'd argue Halak was decent, kept us in it but we couldn't generate much of anything 

• Cheers 1

Top guys could have made it a 1 goal game on that PP but decided to &^@# around.

Boeser is a passenger. Just drags his line mates down. Slow and doesn’t win puck battles. Can’t put him the bottom 6 either cause he doesn’t fit there. Good guy but it’s time to move on.

Love what I saw from Lockwood. Fast and finishes his check. Probably one of our better players tonight had a couple of decent chances.

Risky decision by BB to start Halak. It is what it is though. 

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd settle for a Top 10 pick, and I'd be ecstatic with a lottery win. This win one lose one stuff is silly. They aren't a serious team, not built for serious play yet. Garland getting tossed around like a rag doll. Hunt running for his life.  Not a playoff team yet.  Allvin will fix this broken clunker over the summer.  

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Devron said:

Gotta win the next 3 then the schedule is pretty decent for a bit. Go on a winning streak. 

For tonight go Yotes 

Pretty much the only path left.  Imagine they get on another streak post Bruce.