The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Game day thread: cliches version (Vegas @ Canucks Sunday, April 3/22 @ 4:00 pm PT) - Autism Acceptance Night

Rate this topic

yes we can nucks

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

Anything can happen. You’re never out of it. Season is on the line with every game dwindling. If Coilers, Preds, Stars falter at any point, we’ll be right there if we get the job done with our games. 

That’s a mighty request, all those teams including Vegas are in the same spot having to win just as many games as Vancouver

the Canucks just don’t have the jam to keep up with those teams, those teams have turned up the heat 

its done 

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Horvat 86% in faceoffs first 2 periods. Canucks overall 65% to VGK 35%

I think we’re in a good position going into the 3rd,.  We’re motivated to score,.

they’ll be motivated not to make mistakes.

kind of like that 3 goal lead being the worst ;) 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The hate is ridiculous.

But if he can’t show up in games like this there’s no way he should be signed to anything over 5.5 mil. If he wants 6 or more see yea!

This is what I don't get people hate the kid because of a contract that hasn't been signed? What if he takes a Hometown discount in the 5-6m range? Would people be ok with him then? Or would he still be the whopping boy for no reason

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

This must be what tanking looks like

Nah, they'll win a string of games leading up to the end of the season like they usually do, but it won't be enough

Just enough to get us a lower pick 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The hate is ridiculous.

But if he can’t show up in games like this there’s no way he should be signed to anything over 5.5 mil. If he wants 6 or more see yea!

I don’t think it’s Hate ,  as much as it’s disappointing..

Boeser is relentlessly  given every opportunity to get it together, and isn’t..

Podz or Lamikko should be used in his place on the pp.

it’s only fair.

7 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Lots here want to trade Boeser if he is so bad like you say he is why sell low? You guys really looking for another Gudbranson trade?

I mean it's gonna be really low. The reality is he's not worth 5+m of course thats a non starter so it's rock hard place. Either we trade him for whatever garbage is offered or we sign him to a bad contract. Maybe the classy thing to do would be to extend a 5m offer and allow him to go UFA  to wherever he wanted if the destinations that want him aren't attractive or the money offered isn't what he's hoping for maybe he signs the 5m I'm fine with that signing him for anything north of 6m would be a mistake. 

If I'm a team that wants him I don't have to offer anything in trade just wait for the Canucks to either hang themselfs or let him walk. 

Like seriously ...who would you build a team around....it is not like the Nucks have a Austin Matthews or Connor McJesus....can you build around Demko? as Miller, Horvat and even Petey at this stage are definitely NOT what I would call "corner stone" franchise players... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think we just haven’t been the same after that shutout loss against the Red Wings.

What about the game in Colorado?

That was one of the best games we’ve played this season IMO.

I really hoped they were just a tired team that needed practice. They look like a team that just doesn’t have any fire though.

1 minute ago, philtbc829 said:

Like seriously ...who would you build a team around....it is not like the Nucks have a Austin Matthews or Connor McJesus....can you build around Demko? as Miller, Horvat and even Petey at this stage are definitely NOT what I would call "corner stone" franchise players... 

A tear it down five year proper rebuild is needed.  Ain’t got ping to happen though.  

• Cheers 1