The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Musk is being selfish.  Lots of people rely on those jobs.  He’s going to bankrupt his companies and that hurts those employees.  He will still be rich, but they will suffer. 

Yup, a narcissistic rich man who can’t handle anyone criticizing him. Now where have I seen that before?

It’s truly sad that the only people who will face consequences from his stupidity will be the working men and women trying to just afford a normal life. I really feel for them getting the short end of the stick as the non-wealthy often get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Yup, a narcissistic rich man who can’t handle anyone criticizing him. Now where have I seen that before?

It’s truly sad that the only people who will face consequences from his stupidity will be the working men and women trying to just afford a normal life. I really feel for them getting the short end of the stick as the non-wealthy often get.

And all those people who own Tesla cars who won’t have a company to service them.  There’s going to be dead Tesla’s all over.  Little lumps just sitting in driveways.  

Good for you and kudos @Elias Pettersson in accepting and admitting the reality of what’s happening with Musk on Twitter. I know that’s a really hard thing to do, especially given how much time and effort you spent defending him before. Most people would dig in further and never admit fault.

Being able to change your mind with new information or a good argument that makes you rethink things is a very good and necessary skill to have which is getting rarer in society, especially so for those of us online able to hide behind anonymity.

Anyways I hope you know that criticism in one area of disagreement doesn’t mean disagreement for everything a person says or does anywhere. I don’t think (or at least I’d hope) that everyone critical of you would hold that against you on other subjects or view you as an enemy because of a disagreement, because I certainly don’t.

• Cheers 4

There are really questions that need answers. 

If there was a "threat", then why not go to the authorities?  There is no need to use the Twitter mob.  Police can easily figure out the information on the "suspect" vehicle. 

Who was in the car?  What evidence is there that they were in the car. 

Is there any evidence that there was anything illegal that was done by the suspect?

Is there any evidence that the "tracking " of Elons plane is connected to this incident?    From what I've read, Elon wasn't in the car.

Is there any evidence that the location of the cars were published?

Far too many holes in this story.

I saw Elon tweet out the other day that people tried to stop a car his son was in because whomever it was thought Elon was in it. Any rational person at that point is going to be willing to take any further measures to protect their children.

I know there's some debate as to the validity of the doxxing allegation itself on Elon's part. I haven't looked on Twitter much but the one thing I did see was a screenshot of Keith Olbermann quote tweeting one of the other suspended accounts that had information on Elon's flights/location & encouraging others to spread the information.

I gotta be honest, even if you hate Elon vehemetly I don't understand why anyone would do this in the first place unless they are a malevolent psycho, in which case maybe they should be banned. That's not an argument or engaging in discourse, that's intimidation of someone's person & I can't imagine the motivation for someone to follow through with that unless (from a mental standpoint) they're essentially no different from cultists.

I can't imagine myself doing anything like this at the very least. Its puzzling strategically & morally. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

45 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I saw Elon tweet out the other day that people tried to stop a car his son was in because whomever it was thought Elon was in it. Any rational person at that point is going to be willing to take any further measures to protect their children.

I know there's some debate as to the validity of the doxxing allegation itself on Elon's part. I haven't looked on Twitter much but the one thing I did see was a screenshot of Keith Olbermann quote tweeting one of the other suspended accounts that had information on Elon's flights/location & encouraging others to spread the information.

I gotta be honest, even if you hate Elon vehemetly I don't understand why anyone would do this in the first place unless they are a malevolent psycho, in which case maybe they should be banned. That's not an argument or engaging in discourse, that's intimidation of someone's person & I can't imagine the motivation for someone to follow through with that unless (from a mental standpoint) they're essentially no different from cultists.

I can't imagine myself doing anything like this at the very least. Its puzzling strategically & morally. 

You mean like call the cops? Or ban the reporters tweeting that no police report has been filed yet? Which one do you think Elon did? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

You mean like call the cops? Or ban the reporters tweeting that no police report has been filed yet? Which one do you think Elon did? 

Also assuming that Musk’s car that had his son in it was a Tesla there would be dash cam video of the suspect allegedly climbing on the hood of his car.

So I’m sure we’ll be seeing that shortly…right?

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Even if they do that it sounds like their cars and trucks are crap anyway.  Just took advantage of the whole “green wave”.  Now that those people who buy “green” see Musk in a negative way their blinders are off and realize they own crap.  Tesla is dead, and Twitter is soon to follow.  Musk will soon be forgotten. 

Best part...theyre not even green considering what is needed to build them and power them in some areas. The big companies are catching up on electric options isn't helping either. 

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The issue here is that Elon is not doing this to protect his children.

He has numerous children he doesn't quite care about at all.  

Added, Tesla tracks everything including battery usage and throttles actual battery usage.  They track calls, people in vehicle all in real time.  Twitter also does the exact same.  Musks new decree stats everything will be tracked.

He is the epitome of hypocrite right now.  His actions are so far from consistent.  He reels from one issue to another causing crisis' of his own making.

Much of what he is claiming is far from true and far from reality and it's genuinely strange to see people trying to defend what appear to be the actions of someone on a bipolar edge

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

The dude from above that tweeted about drugs- may well have a point.

I could also see a mental health component here.

Musk has issues. Hope he gets the help he apparently needs- then just stays the heck out of the public eye.

He's definitely not playing with a full deck, and likely never has been.  Whether the problem is too much drugs or not enough remains to be seen, but he belongs in a mental hospital until that's figured out.

• Cheers 1