The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | April (10-16) 2022

Rate this topic

LA can totally be caught.  Canucks can get to within 4 points of LA tomorrow with a game in hand.  They also play LA one more time, so those 2 points can easily be made up.

I think Vegas is the team to catch now.  They have a tougher schedule.  That point yesterday would have helped.  Let's see what happens.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

LA can totally be caught.  Canucks can get to within 4 points of LA tomorrow with a game in hand.  They also play LA one more time, so those 2 points can easily be made up.

I think Vegas is the team to catch now.  They have a tougher schedule.  That point yesterday would have helped.  Let's see what happens.

Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Canucks do manage to make it in (like less than 5% I think) .. they likely could face the Avs. I mean no disrespect to the Canucks but they'll get manhandled by Colorado 

17 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

If Canucks do manage to make it in (like less than 5% I think) .. they likely could face the Avs. I mean no disrespect to the Canucks but they'll get manhandled by Colorado 

If Vancouver finishes 3rd in their division they will leapfrog the wild card teams and play the 3rd seed. Won’t be Colorado or even Calgary. Would be Minnesota or St. Louis. 

44 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Vancouver finishes 3rd in their division they will leapfrog the wild card teams and play the 3rd seed. Won’t be Colorado or even Calgary. Would be Minnesota or St. Louis. 

3rd of the division plays the 2nd of the division in round 1.  If they get through that round they would play the winner of round 1 between the top of the division and wildcard 1 (as Colorado will play wildcard 2).  It's only in round 3 that they could potentially face the 2nd/3rd of the Central assuming either team win their 2nd round.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mll said:

3rd of the division plays the 2nd of the division in round 1.  If they get through that round they would play the winner of round 1 between the top of the division and wildcard 1 (as Colorado will play wildcard 2).  It's only in round 3 that they could potentially face the 2nd/3rd of the Central assuming either team win their 2nd round.    

Us vs the Soilers.  I bet on us winning that series.  I'm thinking the only team in the West who could match Demko is Calgary with Marky.  We could win the west with Double Bubble Boy.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Us vs the Soilers.  I bet on us winning that series.  I'm thinking the only team in the West who could match Demko is Calgary with Marky.  We could win the west with Double Bubble Boy.

we'd have to play the cleanest series on record, the ref's would be looking to put EDM on the PP every chance they had.

1 hour ago, mll said:

I see.  I thought it was 1 versus 8 and so on in the conference.  If they do it this way then it makes no sense to have wild card spots any longer, they should simply take the top 4 teams in each division like in the old days.

In any event, if we finish 3rd then we would play Edmonton, then Calgary, then Colorado to reach the final.  I would be into playing Edmonton in the first round and watch Demko make McJesus cry...