The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Starting goaltender vs. Senators  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Canucks control their own destiny now.  They’ve been so dominant lately they’re going to be hard to beat from here on out.  We need Horvat though if we want to do anything pending we actually make the playoffs. 

Seeing Podz dominate with Miller that last 5 games or so really helps me feel better with Horvat missing.  We're still dominating and winning games without him.

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

Wow what a game, the Canucks look like one of the best teams in the league right now. Horvat out, Boeser and Highmore in seems pretty even at the moment. 6th win in a row and we don't look like slowing down. Even if we don't make the playoffs you have to be proud of this team. Meanwhile the Stars are terrible - they should not be in the playoffs. Dreadful goaltending, not much offence and they're brutal on the road but snagged lots of points in the middle of the season at home.

Miller was again pretty invisible tonight, didn't do a heck of a lot offensively but didn't make too many bad defensive plays. Podkolzin was brilliant again all over the ice making lots of smart little plays, lucky with his goal but the Garland goal he made a very savvy play. Garland was a beast tonight, good to see him return to his early season self when we need him. He was buzzing all night long and a real slippery force the Stars couldn't deal with. 

Pettersson was brilliant again tonight, we used to struggle with 2 on 1s but he is just so skilled it's almost money now. Bad play at the line on the SHG but I'd point more blame at our one defenceman Hughes who was stuck below the offensive blueline and Miller who knew that, tries to skate along the blueline instead of dump it deep. In a 3-1 game they have to be smarter and safer, even if it means losing possession.

Boeser was one of if not our best player and it's good to see him back. I've never been a Brock hater because he's got all the tools to be a star and he showed it tonight - he was physical, skated well, made about 5 brilliant defensive plays (which for me is the most important because look how it created his 2 on 1 goal) and of course made some flash offensive moves. The goal and the slap-pass to Dickinson were star-worthy goals. Hope he continues this with a red hot Petey because then we have 2 first lines. Good to see Dickinson have a strong game too, Petey really makes anyone look good with him but I was surprised by his smart offensive plays tonight.

I thought our 3rd and 4th lines played well, lots of grinding cycles and shifts in the offensive zone and rarely got hemmed in. The Stars really looked bad when their top lines were getting beaten by our bottom 6 forwards.

Demko had a solid game but didn't have to do much, the only real chances the Stars had were snuffed out. They won the special teams battle to an extent.

On the whole, brilliant game but the Stars are terrible on the road. Have to win against Ottawa which won't be easy after such a draining game so let's hope we have a good Halak in net. Vegas lose so now our fate is really in our hands...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Yup. Problem is that their schedule looks to be the easiest out of every team we are chasing. I feel like we would need to legit run the table to get in. 

Good point, but we get them with there last game.  Hopefully, by then we are tied - fingers crossed

6 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Except for the fact that they have the gentlest run in. Maybe the Ducks can upend them

Hopefully ?   We see them in LA, as there last game - fingers crossed, it is still a meaningful game

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Yup. Problem is that their schedule looks to be the easiest out of every team we are chasing. I feel like we would need to legit run the table to get in. 

I’d say there is no spotting easy games at this stage of the season. Every night and every game is unpredictable. We just have to win .

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I’m starting to think they can legit get into the playoffs now… and imagine what they could do with a healthy Bo and Pearson .. if somehow the forwards are all in the lineup and  all get going at the same time. With EP and Miller playing at an elite level and Demko standing on his head anything can happen.  The D still concerns me but there’s an intangible characteristic this group has. 

One game at a time, but  they are on track now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

I’d say there is no spotting easy games at this stage of the season. Every night and every game is unpredictable. We just have to win .

I'm hoping ducks win at least 1 of their 2 games versus LA in the battle of California

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

Anyone not liking the Highmore /Gaudette trade?

The little energiser bunny was everywhere in the 1st period. So much to like about his effort levels. That line of Lammy, Highmore and Lockwood looks bloody good. Its priced just right cap wise and gets it done.

Podkolzin just gets better each time he steps on the ice....wow...I'm loving it!!!!

Covid Gaudette was good riddance. 

Bruce got a lot of Lammi and Highmore.  Good timing to get him back with Bo and Pearson out. 

• Like 2