The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Starting goaltender vs. Senators  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yes.... and for reference 

Jakub Zboril 13th overall 

Jake DeBrusk 14th overall 

Zack Senyshyn 15th overall 

All in that same draft. (All by Boston lol) 

lol though DeBrusk has had good for the team i think

38 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Doesn't look good.

What?? Where is this report from? 

He may have been dehydrated, over-hydrated even, with the wrong mixture of fluids or substances in his stomach after smelling salts? If a one off - he’s back! 

But, this is very un-nerving to see, regardless. 

Edited by viking mama

42 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Karma for the 2011 douchery - well deserved ?

Don't forget Connor at 17 and Chabot at 18; Donato was a 1st time GM, that year and seems to had outsmarted himself - lol.  Great job acquiring the picks but blew the opportunity by choosing the wrong players.  Imo, a team just needs to avg 1/2 player(s) per draft to maintain a prospect pipeline.

Donato? Don't you mean Sweeney?

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No it doesn't... maybe Halak should be in tonight.  Besides, despite what so many posters on CDC are saying, this team hasn't been carried by goaltending in awhile.  It's the 5+ goals a game that makes it easier to win games.  The PP and PK are top 10 in the league in the past little while, offence and defence 5v5 are also right near the top of the league too.  But yep, keep telling me that this is a bubble playoff team because Green had them playing .300 hockey for 1/4 of the season.

I'm all for Bruce and we needed a coaching change. But much of the blame for this teams poor performance early in the season rests squarely on the players as does much of the praise for clawing their way back into a playoff race. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm all for Bruce and we needed a coaching change. But much of the blame for this teams poor performance early in the season rests squarely on the players as does much of the praise for clawing their way back into a playoff race. 

when the strategy is to concede your zone, I don't know many players that can overcome that. Baumer and Green really had no idea how to get the best out of this team, I think that should be clear. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Petey and Miller both sitting at 29 goals, when is the last time we had 3 30 goal scorers?

Can Garland get to 20?? 

30: Bo, Petey, JT
20: Garland, Brock
15: Podz

That's pretty damn impressive for a playoff bubble team...

Especially when you consider that Pearson probably would have hit 20 as well if he wasn't injured.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

26 years ago:

Alex Mogilny: 55
Trevor Linden: 33
Martin Gelinas: 30

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think it would have been the 2011 team if Burrows hadn’t missed 10 games that season — he was only four away from reaching 30, which would have him join D. Sedin and Kesler.

That's pretty crazy to think that this current team is the 1st since 1996 to have three 30 goal scorers.  I looked at the 1994 team and they only had 2. 

I firmly believe there's something special about this current team.  I just really hope it doesn't get dismantled. 

Hopefully they find a way to make the playoffs, it'll be great for 2 reasons:

1. JT Miller will likely stay at a discount

2. Vintage Canuck will reveal his identity

Both are key factors here.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's pretty crazy to think that this current team is the 1st since 1996 to have three 30 goal scorers.  I looked at the 1994 team and they only had 2. 

I firmly believe there's something special about this current team.  I just really hope it doesn't get dismantled. 

me too. You don't get to hang on to 3 C's of the quality of Miller, Petey and Bo very often. I don't know why we wouldn't shed wingers instead to build up some defence depth. 

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

That's exactly it. How much time did he spend in training camp and preseason trying out AHLers to find the absolute best player out of those guys? He wasted all of that time instead of coming up with a good system and having the players learn it. 

It's because he doesn't have confidence in his own abilities to come up with a strategy and coach. 

BB on the other hand... It doesn't matter who's playing... We've now seen Highmore, Lockwood, Chiasson, Dries, Lammikko, Dickinson, Richardson all play better than what we thought they were capable of because BB implements systems that play to their strengths. 

I knew a coach was important but I didn't realize how important it was until this season. 

I thought they were all pros and a good coach may make a 10 pt difference in the standings max... 

BB is pretty much doubling TGs output. 

Well said and a good summary of Greens coaching style.  Imo, he was given a lot of chances to evolve with the roster - and instead got more rigid, as time went on.  His record and reputation, as a Canucks' coach, is well earned & deserved; and his  extension, is one of JBs' more baffling decision.

Walker, from the surface seems to be the Boudreau replacement and it would be preferable cause we can see how Boudreau, is the type to focus on coaching up a player and creating a system that focuses in, on the strengths of the roster - rather than focusing too much on how a player will fit the system.  Boudreau understands that he is the driver of the bus and everything starts & ends from him; and the player Captain/Assistants are just his extension.  Simply put, he accepts and understands his job - even saying, he has a shelf life or reaching out to his peers (Scotty Bowman) when he got hired, is quite refreshing from a coach of his calibre.  The current winning streak, truly reflects a roster that has bought in to a coach cause despite the losses of some key players - the team is getting results with whatever talent is available.   Eventually, his time will come and hopefully, JR will know the right coach for that roster....

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Well said and a good summary of Greens coaching style.  Imo, he was given a lot of chances to evolve with the roster - and instead got more rigid, as time went on.  His record and reputation, as a Canucks' coach, is well earned & deserved; and his  extension, is one of JBs' more baffling decision.

Walker, from the surface seems to be the Boudreau replacement and it would be preferable cause we can see how Boudreau, is the type to focus on coaching up a player and creating a system that focuses in, on the strengths of the roster - rather than focusing too much on how a player will fit the system.  Boudreau understands that he is the driver of the bus and everything starts & ends from him; and the player Captain/Assistants are just his extension.  Simply put, he accepts and understands his job - even saying, he has a shelf life or reaching out to his peers (Scotty Bowman) when he got hired, is quite refreshing from a coach of his calibre.  The current winning streak, truly reflects a roster that has bought in to a coach cause despite the losses of some key players - the team is getting results with whatever talent is available.   Eventually, his time will come and hopefully, JR will know the right coach for that roster....

I would love to get some of the media pundits that criticized the firing saying TG wasn't the problem and see what they say now. They blamed the blue line and suggested dismantling this team... Shows what they know... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Doesn't take long to see a number of people pissed about the trade.

Want an even better read?  "Hope we didn't give up our 2nd round pick for JT Miller!  Benning would be an idiot if he did!"

• Haha 1