The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Apr. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Tough loss. Pretty much kills our playoff hopes. It was a good run. I’m hoping Bruce will be back next season. He’s the best thing that’s happened to this franchise this year as well as the addition of JR and Allvin. Petey had another stellar night notching a pair of goals. Highmore got one as well. Wild took control in the 3rd and never looked back. I consider this season a success considering the dismal start we had under Green which cost us. We would’ve been a force to be wreckoned with had we made the playoffs. Let’s finish this season off strong! GCG!

• Upvote 4

Might not have made a difference but man Halak going down last game and not giving Demko the night off sucked.

You can tell Demko is fatigued and any amount of rest would have been welcomed.

A top priority next season is a reliable backup!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Nucklefuts said:

I agree Myers should be traded. He's actually pretty good, I was pleased by his season performance. He should be traded because he has value and can bring something decent back in return plus free up cap space. 

He needs to go to an American team. He could be an amazing D on the other side of the Gary-ing.

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Nobody's saying finding the two top 4RD we'll need to find will be easy, but moving him frees up potentially 6M in cap space if we don't retain and for a team with little cap flex that's no small thing. 

What I perhaps failed to convey is that some people seem a bit mixed about how we can't dump seemingly poor players without retaining cap or offering assets while also not overpaying free agents in competitive D markets.  

Can't have it both ways.

4 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

The team needs another horvat and for podz, petey and hogz to keep developing.  On the defense, they need a legit #1.  Then we can compete with the likes of the bolts, avs and panthers

The team doesnt need another Horvat, they just need to significantly retool that D so we dont have players like Hunt in our lineup. We need a Tanev in the top 4 to stabilize our defense. We lost to Wild due to Fiala circling around Myers and Hunt the whole game and scoring easy goals.

11 minutes ago, Darius said:

So if we are worried only about tonight and taking a microscope down to the minutes where was Miller,?    Im not saying he is here long term, or not to trade Boeser but the hate he gets is mind numbing.  

For me regarding Boeser is that this is consistent for him.  Like alarmingly consistent.

If Boeser had Garlands motor and drive he'd be an 80+ point player every single year even with his skating deficiencies.  but for all the flack that Miller gets for "giving up on the play" people aren't watching Boeser nearly enough.

In this game, Myers, Boeser, Dickinson were the worst 3 players on the team in terms of effort, gaffes and outright mailing it in.

Sadly with miller, he can claim he's a near 100 point player on the season and WILL get some slack for it.  boeser doesn't have that cushion and nobody should e immune from the criticism of a bad game

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Green Building said:

What I perhaps failed to convey is that some people seem a bit mixed about how we can't dump seemingly poor players without retaining cap or offering assets while also not overpaying free agents in competitive D markets.  

Can't have it both ways.

Eh, we could probably get a 3rd for Myers imo. Maybe less, but I don't think it'd cost us much if it did cost us. 

Finding D would be something I'd be exploring via trade, via trading Miller/Boeser. But yes, dipping into the UFA is always tough because the in demand guys almost always get overpaid. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, DefCon1 said:

The team doesnt need another Horvat, they just need to significantly retool that D so we dont have players like Hunt in our lineup. We need a Tanev in the top 4 to stabilize our defense. We lost to Wild due to Fiala circling around Myers and Hunt the whole game and scoring easy goals.

Fiala circles around everyone. That's what makes him a top player.  The team needs more top 6 players that can play a complete game.  And yes, the defense needs a legit #1.  Hughes, OEL, Myers, Schenn can round out the top 5.