The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Lightning win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2022 at 11:30 PM

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Tell us how you really feel. We want them to decide, that's all. So we know how the game is to be played...not  too much to ask but it's a head scratcher for sure.

Also...went to pick up a few groceries (finally FREEEEEE). Who replaced Tampa with the Coyotes?

I don't particularly root for the Leafs, but this thread was getting ridiculous with the "game/league is rigged" comments. I get it that bashing the Leafs is fun, but come on. Read back a little, it's embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Rubik said:

I still remember one of the biggest grievances of CDC was the no-penalty game 7 in the 2011 eastern conference final... make up your mind, do you want flow or not? :lol: Guess people wouldn't be crying this much if the Canucks were playing Tampa.

When was the last time there were 13 power plays in a playoff game? That's 26 minutes of hockey not being played 5-on-5. Basically, half of the game.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Maple Leafs lead series 1-0
3 minutes ago, Rubik said:

I don't particularly root for the Leafs, but this thread was getting ridiculous with the "game/league is rigged" comments. I get it that bashing the Leafs is fun, but come on. Read back a little, it's embarrassing.

Well throwing in that other crap about 2011 really clouded your point.

And playoff hockey often involves more relaxed rules. But that's randomly applied it seems.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

When was the last time there were 13 power plays in a playoff game? That's 26 minutes of hockey not being played 5-on-5. Basically, half of the game.

you're absolutely right, powerplay goals shouldn't count. final score: 4:0

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Rubik said:

It really doesn't matter how many power play goals were scored since both teams struggled on the power play. The point is, every minor cross-check or hook doesn't need to be called in the playoffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, Rubik said:

What does that have to do with anything?  When you spend half the game on the penalty kill, you’re not scoring… you’re not breaking out for a chance…. You’re literally stuck in your own end for half a game.   

its no wonder why they lost 4-0 and couldn’t come back at all 

You gotta think that the Lightning have got to be fatigued from back to back Cups... that's a lot of hockey in the past 2 years.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Tampa lose against the Leafs.

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

Do you consider the conduct of the refs to be acceptable?  Yes or no question.