The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who from our bottom six has to go?

Rate this topic

danjr

Just now, wildcam said:

Yes Coop or Domi would look great in Vancouver... I think Domi played together in junior with Horvat.  

Coop 27, 6'1, 205, should be a 18--24 G-- 45-55 point player if playing in top 9.. He has fit in nice with NYR GP 16--18 points..

Domi 27, 5'10, 195, should be a 20-25 G -- 50-56 point player.. He scored 72 points 2018-19 season..

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Chiasson was very good value as a top 9 winger.  Maybe we should sign him now to a two year deal?  He’s been a PTO several years in a row, so we might get him at a really good cap hit if he knows he’s secured a contract with a couple years term.  And he’s big.  

i agree, but i think that management wants to change the make up of this team. we either move a big piece or smaller ones. i guess there's no wrong answer. i've always liked pearson and he brings something to this team, but is it enough to take us to the next level? JB actually put together some great pieces but he over-payed, myers, poolman, dickinson and pearson. that is killing us right now. for me chaisson is a good fill in until a more suitable player comes available. on to the silly season.

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Chiasson was very good value as a top 9 winger.  Maybe we should sign him now to a two year deal?  He’s been a PTO several years in a row, so we might get him at a really good cap hit if he knows he’s secured a contract with a couple years term.  And he’s big.  

i agree, but i think that management wants to change the make up of this team. we either move a big piece or smaller ones. i guess there's no wrong answer. i've always liked pearson and he brings something to this team, but is it enough to take us to the next level? JB actually put together some great pieces but he over-payed, myers, poolman, dickinson and pearson. that is killing us right now. for me chaisson is a good fill in until a more suitable player comes available. on to the silly season.

12 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Richardson was a great C, but I do have concerns about his age. Probably worth a 1-year deal with performance bonuses though. I think Lammikko has it in him to be a 3C and Richardson could be our 4C. Dickinson had some good moments, but he really struggled this year.

Agreed, I think he's just going to be too old and slow to play all of next season.

If Sutter is somehow 100%, he'd be such a big boost on our 4th line. Let him play center or wing and just take faceoffs and kill penalties and hopefully he can play 10-12 mins a night.

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Agreed, I think he's just going to be too old and slow to play all of next season.

If Sutter is somehow 100%, he'd be such a big boost on our 4th line. Let him play center or wing and just take faceoffs and kill penalties and hopefully he can play 10-12 mins a night.

I totally forgot about Sutter, but wasn't his deal only 1 year? I can't recall. He might need to be re-signed if so.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

He brought so little for the first half of the season. He looked painfully slow.  Some of his board play and battle was good.  But some of it was god awful.  It's ok to lock it up down behind the goal line, but doing it on the half wall is just begging for trouble.  To easy to turn it over and odd man rush the other way.
He really got going when he started playing more minutes with Miller.  That being said, what if a better selection of linemates happens for Miller next season.  Will Chiasson be left floating out in the middle of no where.  If we get him for almost the same next year, he may be worth it???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Woo has been transitioned to wing this season.  He’s no longer playing D.  He’s playing like Big Buff when he was young.  No interview resource, but my guess is the Canucks have made Woo understand his best chance for the NHL (now) is as a bottom six, energy, heavy body.  

if that's accurate, it bodes terribly for his nhl future. he's no dustin byfuglien. 

Just look at the statistical table I put together in my post "OFFICIAL - FINAL 2021-22 Player Cost per Goal & Point" to help you in determining that and coming to a logical conclusion.  Those numbers may not tell "the whole story" - BUT - they do not Lie either!

24 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Just look at the statistical table I put together in my post "OFFICIAL - FINAL 2021-22 Player Cost per Goal & Point" to help you in determining that and coming to a logical conclusion.  Those numbers may not tell "the whole story" - BUT - they do not Lie either!

Not gonna lie, that was one of the factors for making this topic for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would love to give our own drafted players a chance would be Lockwood and Woo. Let's hope we get to see them play next year!! 

Players I would try to remove or trade out would be: 

Boeser to get something good in return

Dickson to get something decent in return

Sutter he is too old. Better to give one of our younger talents a chance. 

Hunt just get rid of him. 

Poolman over paid so would be great to trade him to reduce our salary cap

Petan not sure why he is playing as he is not NHL caliber. 

That is my top 6 players to remove out and let's hope we get something back in return that plays more intense and physical and plays hard every night!! 

• Cheers 1

Hogz-Pettersson-Podz 

Miller-Horvat-Garland

Pearson-Dickinson-Karlsson/UFA

Highmore-Lammikko-Lockwood

Hughes-Schenn

Larsson-Dermott

Rathbone-Poolman

Boeser for Turcotte and Faber.

Myers for 2nd

Boeser and Myers traded to free up cap room and gain valuable assets. 

Wouldn't say no to Pearson or Dickinson trades but doubt there are trade options that don't cost us. Doesnt make sense to buy them out at this point so Id play them for now or waive them.

Bottom six needs more size and grit.

Canucks need to get bigger and this is the place to start.

You can't have Petey, Garland, and Hog on the team and have smallish bottom 6 guys as well.

Simple as that. One or the other.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

If Lam, Lockwood and Highmore are a line...

That leaves Dickenson, Hoglander and Dowling as the only other signed forwards...

Dickenson has to be on the block looking for a fresh start, he should be movable...

Dowling is injury relief in my books, def not a third line player...

Can Hoglander play defense?  Is he big enough? Might have to re-invent himself.

Otherwise we need a complete new third line.

1 hour ago, combover said:

Dickenson highmore pearson Richardson petan 

should all be gone 

one of hoglander or garland should also be gone 

Myers hunt gone. 

This here might just win you the award for the worst post of the year.  

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Canucklehead73 said:

If Lam, Lockwood and Highmore are a line...

That leaves Dickenson, Hoglander and Dowling as the only other signed forwards...

Dickenson has to be on the block looking for a fresh start, he should be movable...

Dowling is injury relief in my books, def not a third line player...

Can Hoglander play defense?  Is he big enough? Might have to re-invent himself.

Otherwise we need a complete new third line.

Dowling?  Ffs i thought he was lomg gone.  Hogz is what, 21?  He hasnt even begun showing his potential.  Highmore isnt going anywhere. Hes exactly what we need in the bottom 6.  Lammiko is an excellent 4c.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Hogz-Pettersson-Podz 

Miller-Horvat-Garland

Pearson-Dickinson-Karlsson/UFA

Highmore-Lammikko-Lockwood

Hughes-Schenn

Larsson-Dermott

Rathbone-Poolman

Boeser for Turcotte and Faber.

Myers for 2nd

Boeser and Myers traded to free up cap room and gain valuable assets. 

Wouldn't say no to Pearson or Dickinson trades but doubt there are trade options that don't cost us. Doesnt make sense to buy them out at this point so Id play them for now or waive them.

No one is giving us anything of value for boeser.   Myers should stay.  He gets treated like edler on these boards but he has value to the team.   Poolman absolutely blows.  You basically iced a dcore with 3 dmen that play small and are subpar defensively.   

I dont mind the offense, but your dcore looks horrendous.

21 hours ago, tas said:

if that's accurate, it bodes terribly for his nhl future. he's no dustin byfuglien. 

Byfuglien was drafted pretty much last overall.  No one expected him to be an nhler.  Woo has just as much a shot to succeed as dustin did. 

Just now, EddieVedder said:

No one is giving us anything of value for boeser.   Myers should stay.  He gets treated like edler on these boards but he has value to the team.   Poolman absolutely blows.  You basically iced a dcore with 3 dmen that play small and are subpar defensively.   

I dont mind the offense, but your dcore looks horrendous.

The D core isn't a quick fix. Ideally we build up some prospects and fill the position internally.

Boeser definitely has value, saying he doesn't is ridiculous. I thought Myers played well this year, that said he is heavily overpaid because of his past offensive production and id rather pay that sort of money elsewhere and fill the spot with guys like Schenn who play physical and solid defensively. 

Poolman has the potential to step up next year and his contract makes hime somewhat un-tradeable so Id keep him as a #6 guy. Another true top 4 RD is needed but we dont have the cap or trade pieces to get one thats ready right now, which is why we need to trade for quality prospects using our slight excess of top 9 wingers.

• Vintage 1