The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Young Stars Classic to return + Canucks off-season key dates

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, RomanP said:

Were there any announcements yet about the development camp next week? I can't find anything on the Canucks page. I assume it will be accessible for either token fee or free at UBC, correct?

I haven't seen an announcement yet, but I wouldn't necessarily assume it's at UBC. A couple of the more recent ones were at Shawnigan Lake which allowed them to essentially bypass some NCAA rules and give NCAA prospects housing and food through Shawnigan Lake School. 

Could very well be at UBC though this year. Hopefully an announcement is made right after the draft finishes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diamonds said:

I haven't seen an announcement yet, but I wouldn't necessarily assume it's at UBC. A couple of the more recent ones were at Shawnigan Lake which allowed them to essentially bypass some NCAA rules and give NCAA prospects housing and food through Shawnigan Lake School. 

Could very well be at UBC though this year. Hopefully an announcement is made right after the draft finishes.

Based on the key dates from the OP, it's at UBC this year. It's also confirmed through one of the prospects. I'm waiting more for the logistics of access to the sessions.

• Like 2

Somewhere down the line the onus is on the player to improve himself. I'm sure there was trainers, coaches, and team-mates he could have turned to. 

Horvat took it upon himself to get a power skating coach. Something I bet he still works on even now. If the player comes half way, and puts in a serious effort there is help to get him to improve. 

Jake I think didn't take the job seriously. Thought he could coast on his skill. But to be good in the NHL you have to work for it. In addition his off ice attitude seems as lax as his on ice attitude. 

He had all the tools. He threw them all away. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 5:13 PM, Chris12345 said:

Where are peeps staying? Hotels all booked drats!

Pitch a tent in the parking lot and call it tailgating 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Alright its September, hockey is almost here. Can't wait to see the young stars.  Question is who is going impress this year and get a shot at main camp?

Do we know yet which young stars will be participating for the Baby 'Nucks? Any of our Swede, Finn, Russian, or college prospects?

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...