The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Avalanche win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

44 minutes ago, Muttley said:

This goal doesn't get scored if Keith doesn't let go of his check. As much as I'm sure Oiler fans are blaming Smith, he got zero support on that play, was hung out to dry. He made the first stop, and Keith was way too far away from Lehkonen to stop him from slamming the rebound into an open net.

I've said it before, Oilers got HOSED on that trade, they Chicago was desperate to get rid of Keith and Oilers handed Chicago a 3rd round pick and Caleb Jones.

They are stuck with him for another season.

Wouldn't blame McDavid for requesting a trade from this $&!# show.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Ok but you said prior deal....he's willing to take a discount but instead of 12 or 13 he'll still take 10 lol. No chance he won't be the highest paid on the team. Perhaps they sign him for 8 years to stretch the AAV but ...

Edited by NucknAsia

11 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

They should give that some serious thought. Instead, they’ll double down and sign Kane.

Yup, and people think the Canucks cap and salary problems are bad. They need to fire Holland and bring in someone to make some smart trades.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Curious to see if anyone still sees the Avs as a rival anymore.

We had some serious battles back in the Northwest Division days. 

I personally am rooting for them. It’s hard not to appreciate how well they’ve built their team. Other than Kadri they really don’t have any hateable players either.

…and depending upon what’s wrong with him, Kadri may not even play in the SCup Final. Makes ‘em even easier to root for. 

I like Zibanejad & Mott very much, too, so I won’t be too disappointed if they hoist the Cup either, but pleazzzze - let there be no 3-peat by the TBL.

3 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Ok but you said prior deal....he's willing to take a discount but instead of 12 or 13 he'll still take 10 lol. No chance he won't be the highest paid on the team. Perhaps they sign him for 8 years to stretch the AAV but ...

That's still a way better deal than McDiver taking all that money to be a locker room cancer.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

This goal doesn't get scored if Keith doesn't let go of his check. As much as I'm sure Oiler fans are blaming Smith, he got zero support on that play, was hung out to dry. He made the first stop, and Keith was way too far away from Lehkonen to stop him from slamming the rebound into an open net.

I've said it before, Oilers got HOSED on that trade, they Chicago was desperate to get rid of Keith and Oilers handed Chicago a 3rd round pick and Caleb Jones.

They are stuck with him for another season.

Wouldn't blame McDavid for requesting a trade from this $&!# show.

I have a feeling he will be playing for the Leafs in the future 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

ah yes, read the site wrong...that will help create some more parity for us, they're going to have alot of money tied up in 5-6 players, so their depth will suffer. 

They have a lot of UFAs this summer. Kadri Borokovski plus Nichushkin are all UFA and up for big money contracts this summer.

Kadri had 87 pts this season  Nichushkin is a very good big body  two way player in the NHL. Top 20 in Selke voting. 

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

And, what a laugh, his new cap hit next season is less than Nurse???

Nurse isn't worth more than 7 million.

UFA contract vs RFA contract.

Different types of players. Nurse is also one heck of a player. Played with a very serious injury in playoffs. I'd love to have him on the Canucks. 

Ken Holland should throw some big money to Kane and lock him up long term. This way McDavid would never see second round again in an Oiler jersey!

Edited by ey40
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Still just happy Mike Smith went out like a b&tch.

Can’t stand him. He has an arrogance to him that you don’t see too much in goalies. And it is completely unearned as he hasn’t won crap.

But he was nominated for best supporting actor so at least there is that...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1