The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Major Changes Coming, Country Club Atmosphere ~ Shannon and Kypreos

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Twins and Naslund were not soft players.  They were incredibly tough.  When Fon Cherry was asked who the toughest player was on his “Big Bad Bruin’s” team, he answered “Jean Ratelle”.  He clarified his response by saying that Ratelle carried the puck and controlled the game even though he took a beating while doing so.  Cherry said that was what being tough was.

The Twins and Naslund were Don Cherry’s definition of tough.  

Tough in giving ?

.. or Tough in taking Alf ?

it’s a massive difference when trying to set an example for a team as a Captain.

They took a lot of punishment,  but they never dished it.

If a Team is “emblematic” of its Captaincy ,  give me a Stan Smyl type character every time.

trying to play “resiliently”strong gets you hurting in every stat and corner on the Ice.

A tough “wolf pack” tough mentality puts you in the playoffs most years.

Boston is a prime example of that.

If your not pushing back , your only holding your ground.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Ask Brian Burke if he thinks the Sedin's were soft....or anyone who played with them or against them.  No one thinks that except people who wanted them to fight.

Tough in giving ?

.. or Tough in taking ?

it’s a massive difference when trying to set an example for a team as a Captain, and take the lead with them.

They took a lot of punishment,  but they never dished it.

If a Team is “emblematic” of its Captaincy ,  give me a Stan Smyl type character every time.

trying to play “resiliently”strong gets you hurting in every stat and corner on the Ice.

A tough “wolf pack” tough mentality puts you in the playoffs most years.

Boston is a prime example of that.

If your not pushing back , your only holding your ground.

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Me neither.  One or the other but not both.  Pick one!   

Boeser.

even just releasing him saves us cap.

if Kuzmenko signs,.  I think Boeser is a sign and trade or he is let go.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Maybe these reporters are trying to get our players at a discount for teams they like ?, It doesn't help moving anyone if the reports are true

Most fans here figured it was a country club anyways - It is probably them speculating

I highly doubt JR spilled beans to people who would report who he wants moved to hurt our bargaining

• Upvote 1

I will remind people, Alvin and JR came from  Pittsburgh

Granted they had superstars in Sid, Malkin, Letang, and Fleury and our 'core' doesn't measure up talent wise (and I would suspect they know our players can't) aka JR "we don't have any superstars here"....but what all those players had and still have is...

Is an intense burning desire to compete and be the best every single night

I would ask those who think Bo can't or won't be moved - do you think he, as a captain, exemplifies that burning desire to be the best every night? Was he the guy leading the charge out of the Greene malaise? Pulling the team out of the doldrums? And please understand the nuance here, no one is saying Bo doesn't compete hard, but does he compete at the level EXPECTED OF A CAPTAIN in the NHL, particularly when the team is struggling? 

Or did he have excuses? Did he disappear for 1/2 the season like the rest of the team? Not trying to take shots at Bo, I respect what he brings, he works hard we all know that, he is good person and sets a good example in his effort in practice and in games....BUT is he the kind of LEADER, that JR and Alvin have seen and expect.

This is why I think he may be part of the group going.

To me JR and Alvin would recognize Miller's fire as more of what they want and have seen from their leaders. A player who cannot accept losing, a player who tried to will this team into the playoffs on his own (often trying to do too much and messing up, but pushing nonetheless). Alot of people say "well bo is a beast in the playoffs"....Bo needed to be a beast when Greene was here so we didn't fall to 8 and 20 or whatever it was. He needed to help lead us out, he didn't. He was not injured, he did not miss camp because of a contract and started slow (very normal for players who hold out sadly, and no excuse for petey but that's a totally different issue).

Since you cannot take a C away from a player as it really messes up their heads (unless they're old), I really can see Bo being moved if we look at it from that perspective.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 1

Bruce certainly didn't have them playing like games were a walk in the park. Aside from the infamous 10 min late starts, the boys battled and played hard for one another. I tend to think some moves will come as JR has foretold or hinted at, but a major shakeup due to a country club atmosphere seems to be soley speculation at this point.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Maybe these reporters are trying to get our players at a discount for teams they like ?, It doesn't help moving anyone if the reports are true

Most fans here figured it was a country club anyways - It is probably them speculating

I highly doubt JR spilled beans to people who would report who he wants moved to hurt our bargaining

Maybe it was Green?

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

For Bo, absolutely.  For Boeser, not so much.  But if we trade Bo, and can’t sign Miller (so trade him too) we are taking a BIG STEP BACK.  

Miller takes a friendly mid-term contract and becomes captain.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

It is a gms dream to be able to start fresh with their own foundation. I think we will be shocked who moves my prediction is:

Garland

Pearson 

Hoglander

Dickinson

Myers 

Oel

Michael dipetro

Jet woo

Lockwood

All traded

No Miller, Bo, or Boeser out the door?  

• Haha 1