The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers re-sign Vitali Kravtsov

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pearson for Zacha would be great.  Kind of a money out = money in deal (after signing Zacha).  But we get a lot younger.

What about Pearson for Zadina?  

I like Zadina. My best friends a wing so I watch a decent amount of wings games. I would be all over trying to acquire him.

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You just described Zacha.

Which is fine on the third line because you get a C, you get some size and you gain some years which likely fits our timeline better.  If Zacha becomes a younger C version of Pearson as the floor, then it’s a win.

Kravtsov has the higher upside but higher risk as he hasn’t established himself.  Either way I feel Pearson is a replaceable player who will age out of our core.  

Don’t we want to be talking about Gudbranson vs Kravtsov anyways….:bigblush:

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pearson for Zacha would be great.  Kind of a money out = money in deal (after signing Zacha).  But we get a lot younger.

What about Pearson for Zadina?  

I would do that in a heartbeat but I think that one is less likely as it’s just performance vs being out of favour.

14 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I fully recognize that a move like Zacha could end up being a massive win for the team if it works, but I'm 100% against Zacha personally. The player you get isn't the player shown in highlights. If it's a low cost move, sure why not. But I have talked to enough Devil fans to feel like he's not the player we need.

I just figured any attitude was regarding the losing environment in NJ vs just him, however I have no idea and you do, so I’ll trust you on what he’s like.

3 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Which is fine of the third line because you get a C, you get some size and you gain some years which likely fit our timeline better.  If Zacha becomes a younger C version of Pearson as the floor, then it’s a win.

Kravtsov has the higher upside but higher risk as he hasn’t established himself.  Either way I feel Pearson is a replaceable player who will age out of our core.  

Don’t we want to be talking about Gudbranson vs Kravtsov anyways….:bigblush:

I'd rather have a more useful player on the third line.  Really don't want to give up assets of any kind for Zacha.

• Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'd rather have a more useful player on the third line.  Really don't want to give up assets of any kind for Zacha.

If we can I’m all for it.  I like Pearson but a year ago we were taking about if we could move him for free to lower our cap commitment.  If we can get value now, even if it’s a bit of a lotto ticket I’d go for it.  If we only make equal value moves we end up in a similar situation as today.

If we move Pearson for a higher risk young guy who doesn’t pan out, then we can replace Pearson through FA fairly easily.

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He’s a trade chip for sure.

Still have interest in him but not as a main piece.

Schneider has to be the main piece involving a trade to New York otherwise they aren’t getting Miller. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BPA said:

What about Othmann + Kakko + Kratsov?

The trade I was hoping for was Schnieder, Othmann and a 1rst. Chytil was my throw in for salary purposes and we’d retain 50% of Millers contract. I just think other rumoured teams have better prospects then entitled will bolt Kravtsov and a very underwhelming Kakko, Lundkvist and Chytil. They don’t want to part with their good prospects they just want to give us more average ones. Like 100 point centers that play in every situation and can bring the heavy style playoff game is worth a bunch of okay prospects but not one good one.

25 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

The trade I was hoping for was Schnieder, Othmann and a 1rst. Chytil was my throw in for salary purposes and we’d retain 50% of Millers contract. I just think other rumoured teams have better prospects then entitled will bolt Kravtsov and a very underwhelming Kakko, Lundkvist and Chytil. They don’t want to part with their good prospects they just want to give us more average ones. Like 100 point centers that play in every situation and can bring the heavy style playoff game is worth a bunch of okay prospects but not one good one.

No retaining on any salary going out.

Why clean all the books when you’re keeping the shelves dirty?

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

I fully recognize that a move like Zacha could end up being a massive win for the team if it works, but I'm 100% against Zacha personally. The player you get isn't the player shown in highlights. If it's a low cost move, sure why not. But I have talked to enough Devil fans to feel like he's not the player we need.

Agree. I have read that Zacha is a very inconsistent player, and lacks motivation at times. Has all the tools but is not always engaged. I don't watch him alot so I can't comment but if you read fan's on other boards to who, and read some articles it seems to be the case....Alot of people like the idea of a big, strong skating RD with some offensive game and think....Zacha but haven't watched him I don't think. Because those who have seem to think he's very frustrating.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

At this point Chytil, Kakko, and Kravstov would be enough. Factor those moves with the cap space we’d open up to potentially go after someone like Forsberg and we’d be a much deeper team.

Whatever happened to kaako? He was hyped up during his draft year and just hasn't panned out yet I guess.

Same with Lafreniere. 

I guess its good not to expect everyone to be Matthews/McDavid level as they step into the league. 

I would be ecstatic if we somehow pulled that off though. Three young players with good potential and more freed up cap space. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I think people are wildly overthinking this. They need to keep him or they're going to start risking losing his rights in the next year or two.  I mean this could very well be the start of something bigger, but after what the Rangers did I don't see them as feeling like they need to add major pieces knowing what they accomplished this year

But more importantly the conflict in uktaine is now threatening to be a general mobilization in russia which would force any age appropriate male from the ages of 18 to 35 to stay in the country.

So you risk either going to the front lines in Ukraine or you go and play where you were drafted.

Either way....

So you either live an athletes life in NYC or join the invasion efforts in a war. 

Seems like a pretty darn simple choice to me...

1 hour ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Whatever happened to kaako? He was hyped up during his draft year and just hasn't panned out yet I guess.

Same with Lafreniere. 

I guess its good not to expect everyone to be Matthews/McDavid level as they step into the league. 

I would be ecstatic if we somehow pulled that off though. Three young players with good potential and more freed up cap space. 

They're both very young and have big expectations on their shoulder; especially Lafreniere, who is expected to be

a generational power forward type.  He was pretty good in the playoffs (similar to Chytil, who is 2yrs older), so I think

he will have a breakout year next season.  Kakko, I think was struggling with injuries this year.  I can't see the Rags

giving up on these 2 players at such a young age. 

I do think they only signed Kravtsoff so they could trade him.  My take on this is that the kid has asked to be

traded, as he doesn't see a spot on the team anytime soon.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/20/vitali-kravtsovs-real-reason-for-rangers-unhappiness/

"Our latest information, provided by an individual with knowledge of the situation, is that Kravtsov’s reason for refusing the assignment had nothing to do with his relationship with Rangers president-general manager Chris Drury. Rather, it was entirely based on his belief he would never get a crack at a permanent spot on the Rangers’ top six because wingers Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider, Alexis Lafreniere and Kaapo Kakko were ahead of him on the depth chart." 

Chytil is trending upward now and Othmann will be ready for his NHL debut in the season after this coming one.

I don't see anything that has changed, regarding the roster, so he is likely wanting to be traded elsewhere.  Of course

the Rags wouldn't want other teams to know this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

They're both very young and have big expectations on their shoulder; especially Lafreniere, who is expected to be

a generational power forward type.  He was pretty good in the playoffs (similar to Chytil, who is 2yrs older), so I think

he will have a breakout year next season.  Kakko, I think was struggling with injuries this year.  I can't see the Rags

giving up on these 2 players at such a young age. 

I do think they only signed Kravtsoff so they could trade him.  My take on this is that the kid has asked to be

traded, as he doesn't see a spot on the team anytime soon.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/20/vitali-kravtsovs-real-reason-for-rangers-unhappiness/

"Our latest information, provided by an individual with knowledge of the situation, is that Kravtsov’s reason for refusing the assignment had nothing to do with his relationship with Rangers president-general manager Chris Drury. Rather, it was entirely based on his belief he would never get a crack at a permanent spot on the Rangers’ top six because wingers Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider, Alexis Lafreniere and Kaapo Kakko were ahead of him on the depth chart." 

Chytil is trending upward now and Othmann will be ready for his NHL debut in the season after this coming one.

I don't see anything that has changed, regarding the roster, so he is likely wanting to be traded elsewhere.  Of course

the Rags wouldn't want other teams to know this.

Hmm, that's a really interesting take actually. 

How good do you think Kravtsov could be if he manages to turn things around in another organization? 2nd line forward?

1st line?

Haven't really followed the player at all as you could tell so I'm wondering what your opinion is.

7 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Hmm, that's a really interesting take actually. 

How good do you think Kravtsov could be if he manages to turn things around in another organization? 2nd line forward?

1st line?

Haven't really followed the player at all as you could tell so I'm wondering what your opinion is.

Most of the scouting reports indicate a top 6 winger.  Of course those reports were when he was about to be drafted,

so 4yrs have gone by.  He's got good stats in the KHL; especially his playoff production.

"A big, skilled winger that can play up and down the lineup and provide scoring in a number of roles. He brings grit and physical size, but could be more assertive in throwing his weight around more. Displays excellent speed on the rush and in zone entry, but could backcheck quicker. Plays well in his own end and takes away lanes. Very good hands and awareness. Kravtsov has the potential to develop into a staple top six forward that can produce at the next level. [EP]"

I think he would start as the 3rd RW on our team and then compete for one of the top 2 spots later on.  He would

definatly upgrade the 3rd line to a scoring line.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

yes, but has also been speculated as part of NYR trades (including for Miller)....interesting timing....

Yes very interesting Kratsov 23, 6'2 -W--1 way contract...Great trade chip...

Miller --NYR

( Schneider 20,  RD, 6'2,  AVG 11 mins in playoffs----Chytil 23, 6'3 C---  3rd  pick 2022

(B trade pack )Kratsov 23, 6'2 -- Robertson 20--6'4 LD-- Lundkvist 21- 5'11 RD

NYR really need Miller for real playoff run next season.. Rangers are loaded with prospects under 24 years old....

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Most of the scouting reports indicate a top 6 winger.  Of course those reports were when he was about to be drafted,

so 4yrs have gone by.  He's got good stats in the KHL; especially his playoff production.

"A big, skilled winger that can play up and down the lineup and provide scoring in a number of roles. He brings grit and physical size, but could be more assertive in throwing his weight around more. Displays excellent speed on the rush and in zone entry, but could backcheck quicker. Plays well in his own end and takes away lanes. Very good hands and awareness. Kravtsov has the potential to develop into a staple top six forward that can produce at the next level. [EP]"

I think he would start as the 3rd RW on our team and then compete for one of the top 2 spots later on.  He would

definatly upgrade the 3rd line to a scoring line.

More ammunition for our forward lines is always good.

Plus he's still very young. 

At this point I don't really know what other teams (who are actually interested in Miller) can offer up more than what NY might be able/willing to offer in terms of the quality of pieces.

It's a matter of the details I guess as Kravtsov would probably be part of a package.

I'm all for it.

2 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

More ammunition for our forward lines is always good.

Plus he's still very young. 

At this point I don't really know what other teams (who are actually interested in Miller) can offer up more than what NY might be able/willing to offer in terms of the quality of pieces.

It's a matter of the details I guess as Kravtsov would probably be part of a package.

I'm all for it.

I like the Kings a lot, but I don't know if they would be interested in Miller as they are pretty solid at C + LW (not

near as productive as Miller though.  They are really thin at RW, so they would prefer a deal for Boeser or

Garland.

I would be happy to see the Nucks trade for Matt Roy, which would give the management time to find a young

RD that needs the development time to get him ready to play alonside Quinn.