The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

2 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

At least stylistically, Kuzmenko strikes as a mini-mite Boeser. There are some interesting decisions to be made coming up...

However, I'm going to predict that Boeser stays on. I think we still have the potential to keep him for good value.

How so ?isn’t his qualifying offer is seven million…. How do you expect ep40, scorvat and milsy to resign for anything less in the future ?

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Holy.

Kuzmenko is not established, so he can't really "replace" Boeser, Garland, or Pearson. This is how you ruin prospects. For intents and purposes, Kuzmenko is a prospect.

He'll be 27 this year. Only signed a 1 yr contract. He's the furthest thing from a prospect pal.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Or: It is in Vancouver's best interest for other teams looking for a number one centre to think of Miller as that guy. Also, he couldn't very well say "we have two good centres in Horvat and Petey".  By leaving Miller off that list, it telegraphs that he is probably available. It is the difference between Vancouver perceived as being eager to move him and Vancouver being reluctant to move him, meaning the cost goes up. Bottom line, if Allvin doesn't get a good enough offer for Miller, they still have him for another season and JT will be hungry to earn a big payday.

Sure, get what you're saying and don't disagree. JR has also said multiple times they can wait until next season.

I just found it interesting that he chose to actually nane the players when he could have easily just said ... "We had lots to offer the player. We are strong up the middle."

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Honestly, concerning the Oilers. I think the Canucks are a deeper team than the Oilers. The talent is more wide spread. 

And DEMKO.

It's not even close.  Nurse is their only defenceman who could crack our roster, while half of their group isn't even good enough to play in Abbotsford.  Add in their AHL flopper of a goalie, and it's not even close.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's not even close.  Nurse is their only defenceman who could crack our roster, while half of their group isn't even good enough to play in Abbotsford.  Add in their AHL flopper of a goalie, and it's not even close.

Well the team with half a group that sucks went to the final 4...lol..so theres that..

Edited by Rackdawg
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rackdawg said:

Well the team with half a group that sucks went to the final 4...lol

They got lucky in the first round and then got to play against a team full of gutless cowards in the second round.  They got lucky that McDiver was able to put up unsustainable offensive numbers due to his outright refusal to backcheck, but they got exposed as soon as they had to play against an actual NHL team.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I really hope we can find a way to keep Miller, but that 2nd oa from NJ would be a nice consolation prize. 

Even the 5 OA would be a good starting point but Philly, has a barebones prospect pool. At this point, a Kessel type return (three 1st round picks with no lottery protection) might not be a bad gamble from a team that has the potential of bottoming out and Philly has a good chance, of doing so - imo.  Anyways, let's wait & see but the Kuz signing is a good start to the offseason 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, J-P said:

It's a win no matter how you slice it. Think Allvin maybe had more to do with this than most realize.

Maybe … but I think podzilla (ex comrade/teammate) , Bruce coaching ovie and kuznetzov, and our depth down the middle is how we won this lottery 

Ps can’t recall if kuznetov was there or not under Bruce so please don’t roast me if I got that wrong 

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Haven’t read thru 26 pages yet but has it turned from kuzmenko will likely be a busy coz he’s signing with the Edmonton to he’s gonna be the Calder winner yet coz he signed with us?

????

4 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

Agree we should temper our expectations but don't forget he's 26 not a 19 year old rookie. One would "hope" he knows how to prepare for a professional season and can adjust more easily given his experience playing pro.

I hope so, but I'm not sure that anyone can really explain what a full 82 game season with the worst travel in the league is like. I think they endure it for a season and come back better prepared the next season, like Pettersson did.

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Podkolzin was flying at the end of the year.  Was one of our best players.  Kuzmenko is already 26.  He knows what to expect.  

Yes, but Podkolzin was not running top, or even middle six minutes all season. He was eased into the NHL and played really sheltered minutes for the first half of the season.

• Upvote 2