The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Jonathon Dahlen was an Allsvenskan star too…

Nice goal but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. He still needs to put in a lot of work to get back on track.

Dahlen never was as dominant as Lekkerimäki was in U18 before Ls problems started.

15 points in 6 games is an insane stat similar to Bedard. Bedard did 14 points in 7 games in U18

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

I see so much of Mike Bossy in this kid. That goal today is vintage Bossy. From the wing with a quick release. Lots thought Bossy was too skinny, but all he did was fill the net. This kid is going to fill the net for us. Can't teach a guy to score. This kid has the "gift". He seems like he is high compete too. 

He reminds me of Joe Sakic: skinny guy who is smart, fast, and able to score in many different ways (plus, ice in his veins).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

He reminds me of Joe Sakic: skinny guy who is smart, fast, and able to score in many different ways (plus, ice in his veins).

This is the part of his game I'm curious about. How is his hockey iq? 

Guys like Podz, Raty seem to have it so I have no doubt they will be regular nhlers. Guys like JV never had it. I think as long as he sees the game well, he'll pan out (as long as injuries don't detail him like Juolevi) 

15 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

This is the part of his game I'm curious about. How is his hockey iq? 

Guys like Podz, Raty seem to have it so I have no doubt they will be regular nhlers. Guys like JV never had it. I think as long as he sees the game well, he'll pan out (as long as injuries don't detail him like Juolevi) 

High HIQ; very quick to read the situation; good on D as well, he's always stealing the puck etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why are people comparing him to a Joe Sakic or Mike Bossy? The kid has slightly regressed in his draft +1 season (injuries and mono would have played a part in that) and never had the credentials of a Bossy or Sakic. If the kid can put up a similar career as William Nylander we should consider that a huge win. 

Edited by Steven Stamkos
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, NorthWest_Express said:

He is a bust to the media and fans who think the only sign of a successful prospect is someone with insane stats. The kid has had the worst injury luck this season after battling mono last season, we can't judge him until he matures and has a full healthy season. You cannot teach the shot this kid possesses at his size, its similar to how Petey can shoot 100 mph+ because his technique 

Dude he's a 1 way offensive winger. If he doesn't have insane stats he doesn't have a chance to make it. It's not like Lek is gonna be a 3rd line grinder. 

It's really nice to see him doing better, but there is a long way to go. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

20 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Jonathon Dahlen was an Allsvenskan star too…

Nice goal but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. He still needs to put in a lot of work to get back on track.

So was Filip Forsberg.B)

1 hour ago, Steven Stamkos said:

Why are people comparing him to a Joe Sakic or Mike Bossy? The kid has slightly regressed from in his draft +1 season (injuries and mono would have played a part in that) and never had the credentials of a Bossy or Sakic. If the kid can put up a similar career as William Nylander we should consider that a huge win. 

Isn't this his Draft +1 season?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

Dude he's a 1 way offensive winger. If he doesn't have insane stats he doesn't have a chance to make it. It's not like Lek is gonna be a 3rd line grinder. 

It's really nice to see him doing better, but there is a long way to go. 

So why did the swedish coach match his line against Bedard in the WJHC?

• There it is 1

On 4/6/2023 at 10:42 AM, NorthWest_Express said:

He is a bust to the media and fans who think the only sign of a successful prospect is someone with insane stats. The kid has had the worst injury luck this season after battling mono last season, we can't judge him until he matures and has a full healthy season. You cannot teach the shot this kid possesses at his size, its similar to how Petey can shoot 100 mph+ because his technique 

Agreed, it is laughable listening to people in the media and fan base this season talking about how this kid is a major bust.

You read scouting reports on him from non-Vancouver analysts, scouts, media and he's this kid who loves to score goals, as much as an Ovechkin type, has an insane shot, sick one-timer, will go to the dirty areas and stay hard on rebounds etc to get the puck in the net, can be a slippery skater and also very good stickhandling and passing who can be hard to knock off the puck.....moving along to Vancouver based media and the fan base there is injury concerns, skating issues, a one dimensional forward who only plays a soft perimeter game, screaming a bust already.

Yes he has work to do, no kidding, he is a forward who will be a scoring threat on a top six in the NHL, sure he may get top nine minutes as he develops but he will play in the NHL and be a goal scorer. Vancouver has a very good prospect on their hands and the hockey world has said as much. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1