The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Calgary files Arbitration with Tkachuk

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yeah as a Nux fan I don’t think we should laugh all too much about this. 
If we aren’t a playoff mainstay in 3 years time, and say a team like NJD takes a major step forward, I’d imagine it would pretty tempting for a guy like QH to want to join his brothers there. Hopefully if it ever came to that our players should show a bit more loyalty or appreciation that JG showed CGY for the time and money invested into him there 

The Huggable one has five more years on his contract.  

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

If we aren’t a playoff mainstay in 3 years time, and say a team like NJD takes a major step forward, I’d imagine it would pretty tempting for a guy like QH to want to join his brothers there. Hopefully if it ever came to that our players should show a bit more loyalty or appreciation that JG showed CGY for the time and money invested into him there 

GIF by Tourism Vancouver

..If someone doesn’t want to be here move along. Some of us aren’t lucky enough to afford the beautiful city we were born and raised in! 

Edited by Johnny Torts
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Maginator said:

Absolutely no way Calgary does this deal. 

They value Tanev just the same as we all value him. He brings a unique skill set, and every team could use one of him.

Plus, Calgary is a divisional rival and likely doesn't want to face Tanev 4x a year.

BTW, Tanev is still injured and is not expected to be ready for training camp. Torn labrum, separated shoulder and sprained neck. He's a tough old bird but you have to wonder how many more serious injuries can he absorb and still comeback strong.

15 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Vancouver vs tar sands. Iiddddkkkkk:P

Honestly though JG knew he was moving on, But left the flames in limbo till the night before FA. Moving on as a UFA is an earned right players have. No problem with it and I don't see that as not being loyal... But as long as our guys let the team actually know their true intentions and not pull a little Johnny I'm cool with it

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Tkachuk will test free agency regardless unless he gets a massive overpayment.  

"Hometown" and "discount" are two words that have never existed in the Tkachuk family tree. 

That's unfair.  They got a volume discount from the hometown food distribution center to feed the beached whale he calls dad.

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf would recommend you do like my in-laws and GET THE HELL OUT OF COWPIE and move here.  My God man!  Get out while you can.  Cowpies attract flies for a reason.  

Nooooo Alf, last thing most BCers want is more Albertans. :bigblush:

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

To be honest Alf absolutely loves south of Calgary.  Nanton to Lethbridge is amazing.  In laws ranch was down that way.  

More importantly, are you building a home near the Lethbridge practice facility?!?

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually Matt Tkachuk is one of the top players in the league and paying him 10 per would be worth it.  Benning, the idiot, made a lot of horrible mistakes, but drafting OJ over Matt Tkachuk was his worst. 

You're really underestimating the character issues.  He's a gutless piece of garbage that no respectable locker room is going to put up with.  He's no better than Messier and we dodged a bullet by not having that worthless scumbag disgracing our franchise.  Perfect fit in Calgary with their inbred fanbase.

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Huggable one has five more years on his contract.  

Yeah but our window to become a real threat should be 2-3 years. You need to give the superstars a show of success at least halfway into their contracts for them to believe it’s going to be a recurring event, imho 

10 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Vancouver vs tar sands. Iiddddkkkkk:P

Honestly though JG knew he was moving on, But left the flames in limbo till the night before FA. Moving on as a UFA is an earned right players have. No problem with it and I don't see that as not being loyal... But as long as our guys let the team actually know their true intentions and not pull a little Johnny I'm cool with it

I agree. But with Johnny,  the Flames were legit contenders this year so there is little chance they would of moved JG at the deadline anyways. Maybe once playoffs were done, JG should of declared his attentions so Flames could get a pick for negotiating rights. My guess? JG knew for a long time that he was leaving Canada, and MT is doing the same thing. You got to think those two talked about it.

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

GIF by Tourism Vancouver

..If someone doesn’t want to be here move along. Some of us aren’t lucky enough to afford the beautiful city we were born and raised in! 

That’s not as relevant as $$$ when you’re talking business, expenses (agent, etc) and taxes 

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

I agree. But with Johnny,  the Flames were legit contenders this year so there is little chance they would of moved JG at the deadline anyways. Maybe once playoffs were done, JG should of declared his attentions so Flames could get a pick for negotiating rights. My guess? JG knew for a long time that he was leaving Canada, and MT is doing the same thing. You got to think those two talked about it.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I wasn't implying they should move him while being a contender. But if he says hey Brad, I'm moving on in FA at the draft.. maybe they get a better package for the puke at that moment. I mean losing JG + MT and 1 of the main pieces coming back ( That #2 ) is Wright? Decent start to fix team anyways. 

Buuut as a flames hater I do prefer the route everyone's taking :P

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I wasn't implying they should move him while being a contender. But if he says hey Brad, I'm moving on in FA at the draft.. maybe they get a better package for the puke at that moment. I mean losing JG + MT and 1 of the main pieces coming back ( That #2 ) is Wright? Decent start to fix team anyways. 

Buuut as a flames hater I do prefer the route everyone's taking :P

That's a good point. 

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Tkachuk has become the most overrated player in the league over the last 12 months.  

He's not going to sniff 100 points again in his career.  Fully expecting a 70 point season from him. 

Which is still very good, but not elite. No chance. He’s too volatile.

14 minutes ago, rekker said:

JG: I’m going to CBJ

MT:  Tell them to make cap space for me next year.

:P

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yeah but our window to become a real threat should be 2-3 years. You need to give the superstars a show of success at least halfway into their contracts for them to believe it’s going to be a recurring event, imho 

If we're not finding some form of success in three years time, then it's likely time to trade Hughes and anyone else of value, blow it up and start the rebuild from scratch anyways.

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If we're not finding some form of success in three years time, then it's likely time to trade Hughes and anyone else of value, blow it up and start the rebuild from scratch anyways.

Fair enough, good point 

• Cheers 1