The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Tkachuk trade in the works

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

prolly coz krug is old with a decent size cap hit signed till 35-36 and they don't really need a defenseman.. the 1st will be a really late first.. 

Not gonna mention the best player in the deal?

Kyrou is a point per game player and only 24. He’s a great player that probably could have put up as much as Tkachuk if he played with Gaudreau.

Flames might want an upgrade over Kylington who’s probably gonna get awarded a contract they don’t wanna pay. Krug is a player that gives them a chance to win now if thats what they still wanna do (which they should with Markstrom locked in)

Edited by DeNiro

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's the best deal they are going to get.  If I was St. Louis I would just wait it out and get him on a free next summer when Tarasenko is off the books...

The Krug cap dump is brutal and has a ton of negative value.  Take him out and it's more palatable.

Edited by King Heffy

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

prolly coz krug is old with a decent size cap hit signed till 35-36 and they don't really need a defenseman.. the 1st will be a really late first.. 

St. Louis needs to trade out the same cap hit as Tkachuk so that is why Krug is included.  Calgary also needs a LHD that can play in the top 4.  Kyrou is a point a game player at 24.  They should take that deal and run...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

St. Louis needs to trade out the same cap hit as Tkachuk so that is why Krug is included.  Calgary also needs a LHD that can play in the top 4.  Kyrou is a point a game player at 24.  They should take that deal and run...

Agreed it’s a good deal.

I doubt they get much better unless it’s a sign and trade.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Agreed it’s a good deal.

I doubt they get much better unless it’s a sign and trade.

Only other team I can see being involved is Ottawa.  But they are not contending next year so they can simply wait it out until the summer and sign Tkachuk for free...

• Vintage 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Sure, but St. Louis has to trade back the same cap hit.  So unless Tarasenko wants to go to Calgary Krug is the best option...

They'd be better off getting the arbitration done, eating half of the turtle's salary, and then letting St Louis work out an extension.  Bringing in a liability like Krug cripples them long-term.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They'd be better off getting the arbitration done, eating half of the turtle's salary, and then letting St Louis work out an extension.  Bringing in a liability like Krug cripples them long-term.

That would work better. Also Krug has a full NTC

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Only other team I can see being involved is Ottawa.  But they are not contending next year so they can simply wait it out until the summer and sign Tkachuk for free...

Yup.  If Matt wants to go play with Brady then the whole league will know that, and the LOSER LAMES will get nothing in trade.  This is such a good day!  :towel:

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kyrou is a point per game player and only 24. He’s a great player that probably could have put up as much as Tkachuk if he played with Gaudreau.

Flames might want an upgrade over Kylington who’s probably gonna get awarded a contract they don’t wanna pay. Krug is a player that gives them a chance to win now if thats what they still wanna do (which they should with Markstrom locked in)

That deal was offered prior to the trade deadline and JG spectacle though. It’s not connected to most recents events, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s back on the table with a few tweaks 

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

sure kyrou is a very good piece.. but it was really his 1st season he hit those numbers.. who knows if it was a fluke season when everything is bouncing his way. Boeser had a great rookie season and everyone wants to run him out of town since.. kyrou and the 1st is a start for sure.. krug? they don't really need krug and his contract may or may not age well with all the NTC MNTC in it.. and doubt he would even consider waiving to go to calgary a team prolly trending downward.

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sure, they probably could just wait until the 2023 TDL and retain 50% of his salary.  Same as the Canucks with Miller.  But we all know Miller will be traded before that, and I believe so will Tkachuk.  Calgary are really screwed if Tkachuk will only sign an extension with St. Louis...

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

st louis will need to include a lot more to dump krug who i doubt would even waive to go to calgary. would u take the 4-5 years of krug cap dump a late 1st and just kyrou for Miller? Kyrou had 1 great season.. no one even knows if it was a fluke or he will be a consistent PPG player.. everyone thought boeser was the next great canucks after his rookie season.. and he's been up and down since. kyrou and a 1st calgary might consider.. if they are dumping krug to them? they better include a lot more like another 1st or some A B grade prospect.

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

st louis will need to include a lot more to dump krug who i doubt would even waive to go to calgary. would u take the 4-5 years of krug cap dump a late 1st and just kyrou for Miller? Kyrou had 1 great season.. no one even knows if it was a fluke or he will be a consistent PPG player.. everyone thought boeser was the next great canucks after his rookie season.. and he's been up and down since. kyrou and a 1st calgary might consider.. if they are dumping krug to them? they better include a lot more like another 1st or some A B grade prospect.

No I wouldn't take that for Miller.  However, Miller can be traded to virtually any American team whereas Tkachuk is going to be like little Johnny and only go to a few teams.  I would say only Ottawa and St. Louis are on his list.  Both teams can probably wait for the summer as they are not contenders.  With Miller he will probably sign an extension with the team that trades for him.

So basically Tkachuk's trade value isn't that high.  I don't think any team trades for him now unless they have an extension in place...

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

2 marquee American star player ditching Canadian city to go back home. When was the last time an American star player signs long term and wants to play in a Canadian city? Good odds this will factor into miller and good chance he ditch despite saying otherwise 

He was our best player last year and it seems the whole city wants him traded.  

Maybe that will make him want out!!!

4 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

He was our best player last year and it seems the whole city wants him traded.  

Maybe that will make him want out!!!

No one really "wants" him traded. People just see the reality of the situation given his contract status, his age, the age of our core and what he will likely cost to re-sign.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Nucksfollower1983 said:

No one really "wants" him traded. People just see the reality of the situation given his contract status, his age, the age of our core and what he will likely cost to re-sign.

Yes, and because of those reasons they want him traded.

You need to listen to me. Been a nucksfollower since 1973.  

• Haha 1