The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2022 - 23

Mike Vanderhoek

17 hours ago, da.moose said:

The Washington Capitals are proud to have won another division title and be entering the playoffs as a top 5 seed in the league.

We are also very proud that for the first time in our franchises history we had three 40 goal scorers: Mark Scheifele, Carter Verhaeghe, and William Nylander.

Lastly, we would like to congratulate   William Nylander   on breaking the franchises all-time single season scoring record with  87 points this year.

The record was previously set back in 2009-10 before I was hired as GM by Alexander Semin with 84 points

And during my tenure both Patrik Elias (2011-12) and Evgeny Kuznetsov (2021-22) had 78 point seasons.

With all that being said, as usual we consider this season a championship or bust. 

We are entering the postseason as underdogs in our mind but if all goes right... you just never know.

Washington Capitals 2023 Playoff Roster:

Carter Verhaeghe    -   Mark Scheifele            -   William Nylander

Alex Killorn              -   Frederick Gaudreau    -   Pierre Engvall

Stefan Noesen        -   Noel Acciari                 -   Logan O'Connor

Miles Wood             -   Luke Glendening         -   Corey Perry

Curtis Lazar                                                      -   Pontus Holmberg

Devon Toews       -      Justin Holl

Brenden Dillon     -      John Klingberg

Ryan Suter           -      Radko Gudas

Zach Bogosian

Andrei Vasilevskiy

Oskari Salminen

Black Aces: Mason Shaw(IR), Simon Ryfors, Kristian Vesalainen, Alex Limoges, Ryan Shea, Mikhail Berdin

I Understand Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

balls deep GIF by BALLS DEEP with Thomas Morton

:bigblush:

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Hi C2E

I have been out of service for a while.........my apologies, just got home an hour ago, and started reading. (Took the Prince Rupert/Hardy Ferry...no internet) so I am doing catch up.

As a newbie, I am not sure about what this posts means, or when it will take place.

Could you forward, and info regarding....or where to look.

Thanks!

To all playoff teams................Good luck!

Essentially any teams that have qualified for the playoffs should submit their playoff rosters (list of players playing in IRL playoffs).

Teams that have missed the playoffs have their team sheets adjusted to plan for next season (contract years shifted to reflect updated cap space for next season, etc).

By Sunday, the official standings should be completed by pickup and the dispersal draft will begin (order and dispersal list on first post of page 154). Not sure when draft lottery phase 1 begins, but it's to somewhat prevent tanking in GML where all lottery teams have a pre-lottery here that could shift around the order of which team we are tied to when the real draft lottery happens (so our current standings don't fully determine which team we are associated with IRL).

I hope I explained as best as I can. Feel free to ask for further details if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The Redwings are very disappointed with how our season turned out.

At the start of the season we added some players through free agency and resigned some that were already part of the team. 

We believed we had the right balance between youth and experience.

A lot of our team underperformed so coming into the trade deadline we felt it was time to get younger and build for the future.

With this in mind we traded some of our older players and brought in picks and prospects. 

We have a franchise Tender, an elite first line centre, who while he is in his early 30's can mentor the younger players while still be able to put up big numbers. 

We have great depth at centre prospect wise, Alex Turcotte, Logan Cooley and Filip Bystedt.

Our defense while young has some great potential, Philip Broberg, Cal Foote, David Jiricek, Calle Odelius and Logan Mailloux, and we have cap space to play with. 

We hope our fans can see that we have a plan and in a few years we will be back in the playoffs. 

Good luck to every team in the CDCGML playoffs 

Stay the course my friend. 

You’re just going through growing pains, like Alex P. Keaton. 

You’re a conscientious GM who has a track record of building intelligently. Some things don’t pan out but that goes for us all. 

Keep doing solid work. It WILL pay off eventually, in our league and in your life. 

Cheers brother. 

• Huggy Bear 1

On 4/14/2023 at 9:55 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

In order to give everyone as much heads up as possible, here is the tentative schedule for Round 1 of the Dispersal Draft, subject to change depending on alterations to the final standings.

You can view the Dispersal Draft page here.

Details and rules will also be posted in the Dispersal Draft thread when it is created. 

April 16th - 1. @snowflake 2. @HighOnHockey
April 17th - 3. @theo5789 4. @Rush17
April 18th - 5. @Ilunga 6. @Kondor40
April 19th - 7. @Caboose / @Gally 8. @Tony Romo
April 20th - 9. @arby18_ 10. @J.I.A.H.N
April 21th - 11. @ThatMike 12. @Brettzky
April 22th - 13. @ActionJax09 14. @The Brindy Gypsy
April 23th - 15. @Primal Optimist 16. @Zenflamesfan
April 24th - 17. @Canuck Surfer 18. @Sharpshooter
April 25th - 19. @Gator 20. @Dak Prescott
April 26th - 21. @Sludge 22. @Mike Vanderhoek
April 27th - 23. @Devron 24. @lethunder
April 28th - 25. @Squeak 26. @da.moose
April 29th - 27. @Sergei Bobrovsky 28. @aGENT
April 30th - 29. @Relyt Krets 30. @canuck2xtreme

@snowflake Come on slow poke! What's the hold up!!! It's been 4 minutes..

Phase 1 of the Draft Lottery is complete!

A reminder that the draft lottery does not change the draft order itself, it is for seeding of draft lottery odds only.  It only selects the order in which teams are tied to NHL clubs for the NHL Draft lottery.  Once the NHL Draft lottery is completed, teams that won will move up, and the rest of the draft order will return to reverse standings order as normal.

Scrambled evenly weighted lottery odd results: Phase 1.

GML RANK GML TEAM ORDER GM Phase 1 POS NHL TEAM AFFILIATION ODDS
13 Montreal (via Anaheim) snowflake -> 1 Anaheim Ducks 18.50%
6 Montreal (via Calgary) snowflake -> 2 Columbus Blue Jackets 13.50%
1 Montreal snowflake -> 3 Chicago Blackhawks 11.50%
4 NY Rangers (via Philadelphia) Brettzky -> 4 San Jose Sharks 9.50%
5 Detroit Ilunga -> 5 Montreal Canadiens 8.50%
2 Montreal (via Columbus) snowflake -> 6 Arizona Coyotes 7.50%
3 Vancouver theo5789 -> 7 Philadelphia Flyers 6.50%
10 Dallas J.I.A.H.N. -> 8 Washington Capitals 6.00%
8 Carolina Tony Romo -> 9 Detroit Red Wings 5.00%
12 NY Rangers Brettzky -> 10 St Louis Blues 3.50%
16 Chicago Sludge -> 11 Vancouver Canucks 3.00%
15 Minnesota Dak Prescott -> 12 Ottawa Senators 2.50%
9 Los Angeles arby18_ -> 13 Buffalo Sabres 2.00%
7 Florida Caboose/Gally -> 14 Pittsburgh Penguins 1.50%
14 Philadelphia (via NY Islanders) Rush17 -> 15 Nashville Predators 0.50%
11 San Jose ThatMike -> 16 Calgary Flames 0.50%

GML RANK = Draft pick position pre-lottery phase 1 (1 being the 32nd ranked team in the league)

GML TEAM ORDER = Adjusted position for phase 1 of the lottery. (Teams will remain in this formation until the NHL lotto is complete).
NHL TEAM AFFILIATION = The NHL team your club is tied to in the NHL's Draft Lottery.

Teams that fail to win the lottery with their new odds will revert back to their original GML Rank below the two winners.

The order was determined by use of a list randomizer online. Draft lottery picks were entered into the randomizer in order and the randomizer was ran once.  The result is screen captured below.

Spoiler

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by canuck2xtreme

30 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don’t understand any of this in my drunken stupor. 

I barely made it home tonight. 

Viva La Maple Ridge 

Hope it was a good one my friend. 

Basically the CDCGML team that is linked to the NHL team in each row will end up with the drafting position that the NHL team gets after the lottery. 

The percentage figure is the chance each team has of winning the Lottery/ Bedard. 

There has been quite a few changes to the drafting order in regards to the final standings in the CDCGML

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Phase 1 of the Draft Lottery is complete!

A reminder that the draft lottery does not change the draft order itself, it is for seeding of draft lottery odds only.  It only selects the order in which teams are tied to NHL clubs for the NHL Draft lottery.  Once the NHL Draft lottery is completed, teams that won will move up, and the rest of the draft order will return to reverse standings order as normal.

Scrambled evenly weighted lottery odd results: Phase 1.

GML RANK GML TEAM ORDER GM Phase 1 POS NHL TEAM AFFILIATION ODDS
13 Montreal (via Anaheim) snowflake -> 1 Anaheim Ducks 18.50%
6 Montreal (via Calgary) snowflake -> 2 Columbus Blue Jackets 13.50%
1 Montreal snowflake -> 3 Chicago Blackhawks 11.50%
4 NY Rangers (via Philadelphia) Brettzky -> 4 San Jose Sharks 9.50%
5 Detroit Ilunga -> 5 Montreal Canadiens 8.50%
2 Montreal (via Columbus) snowflake -> 6 Arizona Coyotes 7.50%
3 Vancouver theo5789 -> 7 Philadelphia Flyers 6.50%
10 Dallas J.I.A.H.N. -> 8 Washington Capitals 6.00%
8 Carolina Tony Romo -> 9 Detroit Red Wings 5.00%
12 NY Rangers Brettzky -> 10 St Louis Blues 3.50%
16 Chicago Sludge -> 11 Vancouver Canucks 3.00%
15 Minnesota Dak Prescott -> 12 Ottawa Senators 2.50%
9 Los Angeles arby18_ -> 13 Buffalo Sabres 2.00%
7 Florida Caboose/Gally -> 14 Pittsburgh Penguins 1.50%
14 ? (via NY Islanders) ? -> 15 Nashville Predators 0.50%
11 San Jose ThatMike -> 16 Calgary Flames 0.50%

GML RANK = Draft pick position pre-lottery phase 1 (1 being the 32nd ranked team in the league)

GML TEAM ORDER = Adjusted position for phase 1 of the lottery. (Teams will remain in this formation until the NHL lotto is complete).
NHL TEAM AFFILIATION = The NHL team your club is tied to in the NHL's Draft Lottery.

Teams that fail to win the lottery with their new odds will revert back to their original GML Rank below the two winners.

The order was determined by use of a list randomizer online. Draft lottery picks were entered into the randomizer in order and the randomizer was ran once.  The result is screen captured below.

Hide contents

Could contain: Page, Text

Congrats @snowflake on winning Bedard!

I'll always be tied to Philly somehow, won't I?

The Kings have informed the following players that they will not be qualified, re-signed or offered their ELC and will be free agents this summer:

• Samuel Asselin (RFA)
  • Chayse Primeau (RFA)
  • Jasper Weatherby (RFA)
  • Josh Lopina (RFA)
  • Sam Stange (RFA)
  • Matthew Villalta (RFA)
  • Brandon Gignac (RFA)
  • Brandon Kruse (RFA)
  • Patrick Brown (UFA)
  • Slater Koekkoek (UFA)
  • Owen Murray (2021 Draft Pick)

We'd like to thank them for their time in our organization and wish them well in the future.