The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reverse Retro 2.0 Leak?

Rate this topic

57 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Based on the responses here you’d have to think this leak is intentional to gauge the market on how bad it really is.

well played.

I hope.

I hope so cause this is a massive fail if real and final. 

5 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I feel the same way with the Orca.

What I like about the one above is that it's a simple and classic design that would look great on the players and merchandise, yet it's not telling people what a Canuck is or should be; I feel like it's something that pretty well any fan can get behind. I have a Petey-designed black and maroon V like above and it looks sooooo good. 

I am not sure what they have against a simple design such as this one. A classic look looks so sharp and would be envious of every team yet they somehow come up with the one they are presenting and there is not one person who would say man lets go for a sharp, classic design and colour scheme. Makes no sense. I guess they like to follow suit in not being at the top of the league in their jersey design. It think they need to ask fans for submissions and then do a poll. I would, that way I could make everyone happy and makes as much as possible on sales. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If this is actually the new 3rd… gross.  They should let the fans nominate 3 new looks, and let management decide from there.  Year after year of bad design.  Imo they should come up with a new scheme entirely.  Like a grey/navy trim two tone jersey to rep the clouds and rain lolz. 

And for the love… remake the Johnny Canuck logo.  It looks like a peewee logo to me currently.  Or use the “V” patch as primary pls 

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm surprised by how much I like this look.

The logo and colours look great together. I have a Petey designed V hat and it looks amazing as well (black and maroon), so merchandize would all look fire, too. It's simple and isn't offensive to the current division of opinions towards the skate and orca logos. 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:36 AM, Jester13 said:

I would love a Millionaires jersey in modern colors. I can't believe they haven't done one yet.

Edit: with the stripes running the full length of the sleeves could also be nice

Vancouver_Millionaires_Jersey.jpg.90868537e4bbfc4ba4b34a45c5e873f6.jpg

Edited by Diamonds

13 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I would love a Millionaires jersey in modern colors. I can't believe they haven't done one yet.

Edit: with the stripes running the full length of the sleeves could also be nice

Vancouver_Millionaires_Jersey.jpg.90868537e4bbfc4ba4b34a45c5e873f6.jpg

I'd like your example for an outdoor game, but I would prefer the other one as primary. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/24/2022 at 10:33 AM, McBackup said:

I don’t hate it. It’s a silly theme jersey, it’s fine. It’s not like it’s replacing the current home and away. I’m not thrilled about that potentially being grey instead of green, but I’d still take it over the horrible team Germany colours.

The team germany colours and the black skate jersey are the best looking jersey in NHL compared to this abomination. Looks like an amature peewee hockey jersey for god sakes. We will probably get beaten and laughed at wearing this jersey.

On 7/24/2022 at 10:41 AM, Goal:thecup said:

Maybe if you had been raised in a forestry community in BC, you might appreciate Big Johnny Canuck a bit  more.

Maybe something like an urban twit sipping coffee while staring at it's phone would work for you.

So are all Canucks lumberjacks?? That urban twit would represent the majority more accurately compared to a lumberjack. The skate logo was way better as it represents hockey and Canucks love their hockey. A skating Lumberjack is just a joke and never liked it at all. In fact it doesnt even represent johnny canuck as he was never a lumberjack.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/24/2022 at 11:08 AM, McBackup said:

Yeah I don’t get the hate for Johnny. Forestry is super important to BC. Having Johnny is no different than the Oilers using a roughneck, the Steelers using a steelworker, the Senators using a parasite, etc.

real estate is even a bigger business in BC. Maybe have a picture of a house or a realtor. I never get the logos that represent an industry or a work force. 

Edited by DefCon1

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

So are all Canucks lumberjacks?? That urban twit would represent the majority more accurately compared to a lumberjack. The skate logo was way better as it represents hockey and Canucks love their hockey. A skating Lumberjack is just a joke and never liked it at all. In fact it doesnt even represent johnny canuck as he was never a lumberjack.

Urban twit for you it is!  lol

• Cheers 2