The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] - Miller & Myers for Draisaitl & Bouchard

• grandmaster changed the title to [Proposal] - Miller & Myers for Draisaitl & Bouchard
3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You can’t seriously think Edmonton would consider this for even a moment? 

Lack of playoff success would have them reaching for a change up. It’s not like Miller is a tremendous downgrade from Drai. They can also be seduced by the size of Myers (not everyone knows that he doesn’t use his size as much as he should).

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I know this is a fan board but this is about the most distorted sense of value for a pending UFA in a depressed market yet. I am sure someone will come up with something crazier eventually but for now this is the King. 

Ok fine. Throw in a first….

You can't be serious.

Draisailt is 10 times the player Tkachuk is and look at the package he returned.   Huberdeau who's in the same situation as Miller, 29, pending UFA who just scored 115 pts and has a better track record than Miller over his career and he needed to be package with Weegar and conditional 1st.    Weegar >>> Myers

Not to mention you are unloading Myers on them and prying away a young D (whether he's been underwhelming or not to this point)

This is not even close.

Edited by timberz21

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Jesus, dude. 

Replace Myers with Hughes and add Demko and they might just consider it.

Let’s watch Campbell suck socks and Kane infect the room and the Oilers implode.  Going to be pure “true” Canuck fan joy.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grandmaster said:

I love Miller but if we could pry these 2, I wouldn’t mind it. The only thing is that Miller might not want to sign long term there and the trade would likely require such. Myers has a modified no trade list and I doubt the Oilers would be on that 10 team list. 

Oilers win with better leadership and a change in chemistry with both the forward and defensive group.

Canuck win by getting an independent current top 5 NHL player (Miller will also be there with McDavid) and a good right shot young defenceman.

Bouchard is at a low cap hit just shy of 1M and Drai has 3 more at 8.5M.

9.5M in and 11.25M out.

So, this is how you think Rutherford and GM Allvin deal with Ken Holland???

Episode 4 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha 3