The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

I hope we pick Tom Willander, I think the SHL will be really good for him next season to challenge him at a higher level. I could see a good pairing with Him and E Pettersson on the back end being physical, defensively responsible, and moving the puck well. 

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wow, Colby Barlow barely makes it in the 1st round?  Willander and Danielson in the Top 10? Very interesting, Draft Day is going to be so unpredictable. 

I predicted Barlow would drop.  Some think he will go higher than Wood.  If anyone watched the U18's then they would know that isn't going to happen.  Willander IMO will go higher than ASP.  Benson is also going to drop IMO.  At 11 I am hoping for Reinbacher, Wood, Willander or Danielson.  Danielson is massively underrated IMO.  I think he can become a two-way 2C in the NHL...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

I hope we pick Tom Willander, I think the SHL will be really good for him next season to challenge him at a higher level. I could see a good pairing with Him and E Pettersson on the back end being physical, defensively responsible, and moving the puck well. 

Willander is committed to Boston University next season 

16 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

he got a sniff of SHL Games this year but he’s committed to going to the NCAA next year. It’s an interesting path. I take it he wants to get use to the North American ice/style/angles/timing ASAP. And I love it.

i think Willander if drafted would be Quinn Hughes future partner.

but I wish he could have actually played games in the SHL it’s too bad the NCAA commitment kept him from that. I can’t think of any swedish dmen who have gone this route off the top of my head? 

Edited by R3aL
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Do you remember which show/segment that was on? 

Was first hour of halford and brough and it was in the back half of the first hour segment:

NHL draft combine w/ NHL.com deputy managing editor Adam Kimelman.

can check it out on podcast quick

Edited by R3aL

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I predicted Barlow would drop.  Some think he will go higher than Wood.  If anyone watched the U18's then they would know that isn't going to happen.  Willander IMO will go higher than ASP.  Benson is also going to drop IMO.  At 11 I am hoping for Reinbacher, Wood, Willander or Danielson.  Danielson is massively underrated IMO.  I think he can become a two-way 2C in the NHL...

which one will be available at 19?

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

He is a great little player in JR.  
He is just too damn small.  
I would be so bummed if we pick him.  

Did you mean to quote the benson one seriously or the bedard one jokingly? Since Reinbacher and Simashev are big boys

• Cheers 2