The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

One name I feel is a bit of an enigma and I’ve seen all over the rankings is Otto Stenberg. Obviously Swedish (wink wink). I wonder if he’s one to watch as well. Plays centre looks like a well balanced prospect albeit not being elite in one area. Anyone have intel on this man?

The Wagner Mercenary army of 35 000 soldiers, with a large portion being former prisoners who won their freedom if they survived 6 months Vs the Ukrainian Army, are now attempting to take over the control of all Defence Forces and are currently moving on Moscow from Rostov on the Don.

Which is very close to Sochi.

where Mat Mitchkov played and Wagner is based in St Petersburg.

You are in Nashville, and you could be retuning to a Civil War, and or you choose to defect and make zillions.

what are the Russia Draft Eligible Players going to do this year?

thoughts.

also,

side note, who ever wins this civil war will likely face multiple wars inside the former Soviet Union and the winner controls the largest and least secure nuclear arsenal in the world.

Go outside and enjoy it, it might not be there tomorrow.

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

The Wagner Mercenary army of 35 000 soldiers, with a large portion being former prisoners who won their freedom if they survived 6 months Vs the Ukrainian Army, are now attempting to take over the control of all Defence Forces and are currently moving on Moscow from Rostov on the Don.

Which is very close to Sochi.

where Mat Mitchkov played and Wagner is based in St Petersburg.

You are in Nashville, and you could be retuning to a Civil War, and or you choose to defect and make zillions.

what are the Russia Draft Eligible Players going to do this year?

thoughts.

also,

side note, who ever wins this civil war will likely face multiple wars inside the former Soviet Union and the winner controls the largest and least secure nuclear arsenal in the world.

Go outside and enjoy it, it might not be there tomorrow.

I don’t think Michkov drops to 11, but I’d be happy if we take a different Russian - Shimashev. He could play on our club right away. 

55 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I was against taking Michkov before, but now I'm thinking if he's there, they gotta take him. I see him going pretty early though. 

I'm hoping for Simashev at #11 or one of the Cs

I think so too. Russians are gonna drop. Simashev and Michkov have the highest ceilings of any players who could be available at our pick. We don't really have anything to lose. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

One name I feel is a bit of an enigma and I’ve seen all over the rankings is Otto Stenberg. Obviously Swedish (wink wink). I wonder if he’s one to watch as well. Plays centre looks like a well balanced prospect albeit not being elite in one area. Anyone have intel on this man?

Plays with a ton of pace. Good shot but *not the greatest playmaker. Pretty good skater, not the biggest guy (5'11 185) but looks bigger than that on the ice. Everytime I've seen him he's been on the Wing.

Not sure if his offensive upside is surefire top 6, but looks like a middle 6 wing that doesn't take shifts off. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I think so too. Russians are gonna drop. Simashev and Michkov have the highest ceilings of any players who could be available at our pick. We don't really have anything to lose. 

The More clips I see of Simashev I’m just so impressed by his skating. Especially at his size it looks silly. 

i do really like Willanders skating too though he’s incredibly quick / mobile is always in guys faces pushing them to places they can’t make plays

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I was against taking Michkov before, but now I'm thinking if he's there, they gotta take him. I see him going pretty early though. 

I'm hoping for Simashev at #11 or one of the Cs

Sounds like he’s gone at 7 if he slides out at all.

Briere could be taking him or it could be a smoke screen to try and make a trade to move back but I doubt it. He also fits their timeline. 

31 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I recall that a lot of teams passed on Podkolzin, due to the Russian thing and him playing in Russia for 2 years etc. Not that he was the best pick in hindsight, but Michkov and Simashev could also drop a bit. It would be very exciting at the possibilities if the Canucks landed Michkov, who could turn out to be the 2nd best player in the Draft. 

Gotta trust Allvin and his crew on this. They could have inside info from Millstein, maybe Gonchar knows some things. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Am I the only one who sees a pathway where Reinbacher can fall out of the top-10? I don't think it's as improbable as people say.

CHI - Bedard

ANA - Fantilli/Carlsson

CLB - Carlsson/Smith/Fantilli

SJ - Smith/Carlsson/Fantilli/Mickov

MTL - Leonard/Michkov/Smith

ARI - Benson 

PHI - Leonard/Michkov/Dvorsky

WSH - Michkov/Dvorsky

DET - Dvorsky/Honzek/Danielson/ASP/Wood

STL - Honzek/Dvorsky/Danielson/ASP/Wood/Barlow

Thought this would be a fun exercise to do before bed. :bored:

Now there's the question.

let's say somehow someway magically the Canucks can move up to #3 and it only costs them Miller and the 11th OA.

If Smith and Carlsson are there, who do we pick?

On 6/23/2023 at 7:51 PM, Seannnp said:

I take Dvorsky or Reinbacher

Package our later picks with Rathbone for late 1st or a 2nd and grab the opposite at that pick. Defenseman if we take Dvorsky and Center if we take Reinbacher. 

Dont feel its worth moving up  to 5 for the assets it will cost. 3OA or bust. 

Nobody is going to bite on Rathbone...

maybe 1-2 years ago, but not now, he can't even get a spot on a crappy Nux team. No chance....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Am I the only one who sees a pathway where Reinbacher can fall out of the top-10? I don't think it's as improbable as people say.

CHI - Bedard

ANA - Fantilli/Carlsson

CLB - Carlsson/Smith/Fantilli

SJ - Smith/Carlsson/Fantilli/Mickov

MTL - Leonard/Michkov/Smith

ARI - Benson 

PHI - Leonard/Michkov/Dvorsky

WSH - Michkov/Dvorsky

DET - Dvorsky/Honzek/Danielson/ASP/Wood

STL - Honzek/Dvorsky/Danielson/ASP/Wood/Barlow

Thought this would be a fun exercise to do before bed. :bored:

It's possible but he seems to be a safe pick even though he doesn't have the highest ceiling. He wasn't one of the prospects Canucks took out for dinner, not sure if the interest isn't there or Canucks are sure he won't be there at 11th. 

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

The More clips I see of Simashev I’m just so impressed by his skating. Especially at his size it looks silly. 

i do really like Willanders skating too though he’s incredibly quick / mobile is always in guys faces pushing them to places they can’t make plays

I was watching this u20 game Russia had as Simashev & But were in it.

He covers so much ice with his skating ability but the thing that stuck out aswell is he has incredible hands, he handles so well & can dangle with the puck. 

Bedard said that Danielson was the toughest opponent for him.

So, wouldn't it make sense?

Edit - I see a flaw in my question, as Bedard probably hasn't faced most of this Round 1 Draft class.  

Edited by NUCKER67

46 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Now there's the question.

let's say somehow someway magically the Canucks can move up to #3 and it only costs them Miller and the 11th OA.

If Smith and Carlsson are there, who do we pick?

Carlsson for me fairly easily.

There picks:

1.Bedard Chicago

2. Fantilli  Anaheim

3. Smith  CBJ

4. Carlson SL

5. Leonard Montreal

6. Reinbacher AZ Dvorsky consideration

7. Mitchkov Philly

8. Dvorsky Wash

9. Perrault/Wood Detroit (they changed their mind ) Honzek consideration 

10.Willander St Louis