The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

One thing I've heard that I don't hear talked about much maybe because nobody goes to Russia and that's Shimashev played a lot on the right side this year.  I hear that once on Sportsnet but haven't heard it since.  

I mean... IF he was still there when we picked does it really matter? I know we want someone to play with Hughes but having someone like Simashev slot in alongside say Hronek would be pretty helpful for our D core too.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"We have a trade to announce. Vancouver trades Quinn Hughes, the 11th overall pick to Chicago in exchange for the 1st overall pick in 2023, Seth Jones, and Chicagos four second round picks in 2023. Vancouver you are on the clock...." 

Vancouver Riots. 

Yah that would be like the sedin sedin picks.... epic!

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Feeling almost certain the Canucks are drafting Tom Willander

If that were to come to fruition I'd be impressed with your intuition.
I personally have no idea who the Canucks are taking.
Draft is wide open after the first 4 picks, and Allvin is much better at keeping cards close to his chest than Benning ever was.

24 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

We have literally no D prospects who are 'guaranteed' NHL'ers let alone 'impact players'.  From all accounts Simashev would arguably be our best D prospect if not the best prospect in the entire organization the moment he was drafted were that to happen. 

10 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

He's definitely higher than Woo...

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

No of course. One of the top defenseman in what’s widely considered a deep draft would never ever be considered a blue chip prospect. Especially in comparison to a 28 year old or a 2nd round pick that’s struggled to pan out. 

I must be the delusional one. 

Considering you guys likely all live in the Greater Vancouver area, I am disappointed you didn't do your own scouting and go see the Abbotsford Canucks play this year. Martin's best games were because of the Defense. And there is more in the pipe-line. 

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Considering you guys likely all live in the Greater Vancouver area, I am disappointed you didn't do your own scouting and go see the Abbotsford Canucks play this year. Martin's best games were because of the Defense. And there is more in the pipe-line. 

Oh boy... 

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"We have a trade to announce. Vancouver trades Quinn Hughes, the 11th overall pick to Chicago in exchange for the 1st overall pick in 2023, Seth Jones, and Chicagos four second round picks in 2023. Vancouver you are on the clock...." 

Vancouver Riots. 

While trading Hughes may not be a popular decision. I’d probably do this if all it took to was Hughes and the 11th pick for Bedard.

Jones isn’t worth his salary/caphit, but I could see him bounce back with another team and system. 

At least CDC can’t complain about having little RHD depth with Jones and Hronek, now.

• Cheers 2

Just now, EastCoastNucks said:

3 minutes ago, Nave said:

If that were to come to fruition I'd be impressed with your intuition.
I personally have no idea who the Canucks are taking.
Draft is wide open after the first 4 picks, and Allvin is much better at keeping cards close to his chest than Benning ever was.

Last weeks press conference Allvin did say he was hopeful that a Dman was going to battle for spots from within. Which kind of surprised me. So does that mean the priority focus Isn’t on a defence draft pick? Leaving his option to bpa ? 

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Wouldn’t be opposed to that but could he be had later in the 1st? like high teens?

I agree, looking at some lists, Willander is lower down, but the same with Simashev. I think Simashev could go in the Top 10.

It sounds like he's impressed since he arrived. If the Canucks do draft Simashev, I wonder if he should be called "sushi" (because that's all he pretty much knows about Vancouver, good sushi) ::D

Almost time!  :frantic: GCG!  

3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Last weeks press conference Allvin did say he was hopeful that a Dman was going to battle for spots from within. Which kind of surprised me. So does that mean the priority focus Isn’t on a defence draft pick? Leaving his option to bpa ? 

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

how dare you assume someone's location

I had to get an AHLTV subscription to watch Canucks and Abby Canucks... I did my time, we are not short on defense just room to move them up. I bet Alvin went to more Abby Canucks games than you guys did