The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, Goalie Interference said:

It's not the most important thing, but it's something we shouldn't take for granted that players actually want to play here--and this guy in particular. Happy not to have a Calgary problem

Projecting to get to play with 2 EPs and Quinn Hughes is pretty exciting

and JL

• Vintage 1

Little bit surprise they left Benson and Wood on the board as I thought both of them could have had an impact, though many observers had Willander going here at 11th.

Hopefully Willander is a defensive Dman - unless you're Makar or Hughes, that should always be your main function - too many times Dmen get caught up in the play just to be shorthanded on the counter attack.

I hope he turns into another Mattias Ohlund down the road.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

No chance. 

There is certainly a chance that Benson doesn't turn out. Same with WIllander. A lot of Benson's goals would not be goals in the NHL. Remember Shinkaruk sniping goals in preseason and Torts giving him props for the nice goals? It can happen. IMO they both have similar upside except Willander fills an organizational need.

14 minutes ago, Tank4Bedard said:

Have fun with another Juolevi hopefully. If he does well, then congrats 

Genuine question: Would you rather be correct and have the Canucks draft a bust.. OR.. would you rather be wrong and have Willander turn into a top 4 RHD?

29 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

This is as meh as it gets but whatever.  An RHD with a mediocre ceiling and a safe floor is not a bad thing, we need all of our picks to hit consistently over the next few years

But it happened WH, it finally happened. A high pick RSD. Hopefully we see this trend continue. Say what you want about taking a safe pick, it’s what we have needed badly and you and I have been preaching for this day.

I don’t see it as meh I see it as a big W. Build up that right side to finally get our way to competing again.

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1