The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jimmy Vesey heading back to New York

…Love to see Motte back in Van… clearly he’s looking for term, but I don’t think it’s there for him given the landscape of top players eating the flat cap. I bet he’ll end up in Az/Sea/Ana or any other floor based cap team. 

4 hours ago, Pears said:

If we can get Motter back and sign ZAR them with Lazar would give us one of the best 4th lines in the league imo. Two wingers who are really strong two way players and Lazar isn’t too bad himself. 

Motte had his chance and wanted the 1.7--2 million Dollars..

Works out better now on 4th line - Joshua 6'3 -- Lazar  --Hoglander -- Lockwood-- Fans are going to like Joshua and Lazar,

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tas said:

how does this guy keep getting work?

I was just wondering where Vesey slots in on the scale of celebrated college FAs?

He's no Drake Caggulia or Josh Teves, but how close to the top of the list is he?

9 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Motte had his chance and wanted the 1.7--2 million Dollars..

Works out better now on 4th line - Joshua 6'3 -- Lazar  --Hoglander -- Lockwood-- Fans are going to like Joshua and Lazar,

that they may, but I am willing to bet you will still be seeing "Sign Motter" proposals 5 years from now

Canuck fans are nothing if not loyal to their past "elite 4th liners"

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

I didn't DM it to you lol

More stating that I don't know what that Jfresh idiot is trying to say, but no one who has ever watched Vesey play would want him on their team.  He does literally nothing well enough to justify a spot in an NHL lineup.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

More stating that I don't know what that Jfresh idiot is trying to say, but no one who has ever watched Vesey play would want him on their team.  He does literally nothing well enough to justify a spot in an NHL lineup.

Fair - but his analysis is basically the same as yours. He has some offensive ability but brings nothing special to the 4th line to warrant a spot as a role player.

2 minutes ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

Fair - but his analysis is basically the same as yours. He has some offensive ability but brings nothing special to the 4th line to warrant a spot as a role player.

Calling him replacement level implies that letting him play NHL games would be acceptable.  It isn't; this guy is almost as bad as Petan.