The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Line combinations for 2022-23

Rate this topic

Googlie

7 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Podz and Petey were so good together last year in the short time they had together.  Im not sure how you don't keep them together and let them grow.  Put Hoglander on the other wing and that is a future legit top line. 

if hoglander can bounce back i don't mind.. but personally i would prefer something like kuzmenko as he's a little bit bigger than hoglander. it really all depends on how hoglander does in training camp as bruce doesn't seem high on him based on last season anyways.

On 8/12/2022 at 3:50 AM, Pure961089 said:

These are some things I’d like to see the Canucks try if Miller gets traded.  

I wonder if the Canucks would consider moving Podkolzin to Centre.  I can envision Podkolzin being a very effective Horvat type strong 2 way centre if given the opertunity.  Podkolzin is good at faceoffs and has great vision.  The Canucks aren’t shy about asking players to try new things and new positions.  EP40 was a Right winger but has learned the trade of being a centre.  His faceoffs have improved from last year.  I wonder if Podkolzin would be open to try it.   It would be fun to see a Kuzmenko - Podkolzin - Mikheyev line.  

Another thing is Hughes, would he be open to play on the right side?  Boudreau isn’t adverse to giving players different roles.  He put EP40 and Hughes on the PK, why not try Hughes on the right side.  I think it could work because he’s talented and thinks the game well enough. His IQ is very high, I have no doubt he’d excel.  But do the Canucks have the bravery to try it. 

if we could make these changes it would solve a lot of the Canucks problems.  

Mikheyev - EP40 - Boeser

Hoglander - Podkolzin - Kuzmenko

Pearson - Horvat - Garland 

Dickinson  - Lazar - Joshua

OEL - Hughes

Rathbone - Myers

Dermott - Poolman

Schenn

Miller must be in the press box...:wacko:

• Haha 2

I don't want to see Hoglander playing 10-12 minutes a night, I'm hoping he has a bounce back and can be the player I think he can.  I like Lockwood as well for speed and tenacity.  We still lack size and grit up front

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Garland

Kuzmenko-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-Lazar-Lockwood

Dickinson

pp1 when set up                                              pp2

Horvat                                                             Podkolzin            

Boeser          Pettersson                                  Garland           Hoglander                          

Miller    Hughes                                               Kuzmenko   OEL

20 minutes ago, King Loui said:

I don't want to see Hoglander playing 10-12 minutes a night, I'm hoping he has a bounce back and can be the player I think he can.  I like Lockwood as well for speed and tenacity.  We still lack size and grit up front

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Garland

Kuzmenko-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-Lazar-Lockwood

Dickinson

pp1 when set up                                              pp2

Horvat                                                             Podkolzin            

Boeser          Pettersson                                  Garland           Hoglander                          

Miller    Hughes                                               Kuzmenko   OEL

Isn't this why Joshua was signed?  I doubt Lockwood makes the team.  He will be a call up in my opinion with his options.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Garland*- Pettersson - Boeser 

Kuzmenko - Miller* - Podkolzin* 

Mikheyev - Horvat* - Hoglander 

Pearson - Lazar* - Joshua*

Hughes - Schenn* 

OEL - Myers* 

Burroughs* - Dermott

Rathbone

See  *     this denotes grit, and or toughness in lineup.

We need 50% of line up to  have this mixed in with our skill guys imo.

Bruce is on Check 6 tomorrow with Donnie & Dhalie.. A few talk show said Canucks will go with groups of 2 and alternate the 3rd person on different lines

1. Podkolzin - Miller           (( Garland, Kuzmenko, Hoglander-- will move around on top 3 lines to find right mix.....

2. Boeser -- Petey

3. Mikheyev - Horvat

4. Pearson - Lazar    ---- Dickinson,  Joshua

On 9/8/2022 at 4:06 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Garland*- Pettersson - Boeser 

Kuzmenko - Miller* - Podkolzin* 

Mikheyev - Horvat* - Hoglander 

Pearson - Lazar* - Joshua*

Hughes - Schenn* 

OEL - Myers* 

Burroughs* - Dermott

Rathbone

See  *     this denotes grit, and or toughness in lineup.

We need 50% of line up to  have this mixed in with our skill guys imo.

That first line would get destroyed.  Petey and boeser are a brutal pair.

20 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Based on what exactly? Because statistically they both play their best hockey with each other, over other line mates, over their career.

It sound like lines will be sets of 2 and alternating 3 guy on line until they get right combinations..

1. Podkolzin -- Miller       ------ Garland - Kuzmenko -- Hoglander (( will switch around on top 3 line in preseason ))))

2. Boeser --- Petey

3. Mikheyev -- Horvat

4. Pearson - Lazar  -----Joshua - Dickinson -- Lockwood

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wildcam said:

It sound like lines will be sets of 2 and alternating 3 guy on line until they get right combinations..

1. Podkolzin -- Miller       ------ Garland - Kuzmenko -- Hoglander (( will switch around on top 3 line in preseason ))))

2. Boeser --- Petey

3. Mikheyev -- Horvat

4. Pearson - Lazar  -----Joshua - Dickinson -- Lockwood

This poster “gets it”.  We have excellent sets of forwards.  Now what do we do with the Benning D? 

• Cheers 1