[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Garland

Pearson - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Horvat - Podkolzin

Hoglander - Lazar - Dickinson

Just stacked up front.

But the D. The D!!!!!!!

I mean, its a rather important ingredient to winning. 

Can we score our way to win a Cup? Has that ever been done in the modern era?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

But the D. The D!!!!!!!

We have enough depth at forward, we can afford to move a piece up front in aims of improving the backend. Chill brah.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

In all seriousness it's not as bad as I thought it'd be contract wise, but I'm not a fan of the term. Looks like it was probably Miller's side that caved. 

But no, I'm not a Miller fan and I'm still skeptical of this contract and his ability to play well for the duration of it. I'm not here to rain on people's surprises but I'm not obligated to like anything, if others want to that's fine. 

Realistically I won't be here as much or following the team as closely and I've already begun to care less since deciding to step back from hockey, which is why I wasn't in the Miller thread as much. 

Perfect.  As a Canuck fan I wish you the best and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!

• Haha 1

They did it, they really did it. I been saying 8mil was the absolute most I'd do. And there ya have it. They snoozed by all the trades, but at least didn't snooze through the rest of his current contract. Keeping him at 8mil is fine by me. Glad it was 7 instead of 8 years too. Small difference but still.

The losing players for nothing PTSD can finally pass for now. Lol.

• Cheers 1

WOW!  Aside from being a little sad that the other thread didn't hit 2000, I'm pumped to have Miller continue on this team.  Every team needs a heart & soul guy and he's it.  He's the leader this club needs to hang on.  With that said, I'm a bit nervous like many others that PA caved in for a 7 year term.  Was hoping for a $7M x 6 contract but knew I was dreaming.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

But the D. The D!!!!!!!

Right hand side needs work. I like Myers but it’s time to move out Myers and trade a winger for a RHD. Much easier said than done.

Hughes - 

OEL - 

Dermott - Rathbone

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

I see Garland as the odd man out. Nothing against him, he's a battler. Just not convinced he's JR's type player.

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

that and no trade protection. 

Boeser has trade protection? I don’t think Garland should be the odd man out as of right now. Boeser needs to step up as well. See who has the better szn and move the other one at the deadline or off-season.

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Dead To Me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'm still not a fan, I'd rather we'd have traded him

Guess we'll see who's right in the end 

Traded?   For who?  For what? …

there was nothing there, I get your hungry for a trade.

Your hopes we’re all Warm n Fuzzy Nuts.

wrong player.

Some of us have all ready been considered right,.  And management seems to agree.

May I suggest if your hungry to be cheering on the Arizona Coyotes, loaded with picks and dreams of cup contention with it.

chris evans whipped cream bikini GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

In all seriousness it's not as bad as I thought it'd be contract wise, but I'm not a fan of the term. Looks like it was probably Miller's side that caved. 

But no, I'm not a Miller fan and I'm still skeptical of this contract and his ability to play up to it for the duration of it. I'm not here to rain on people's parade but I'm not obligated to like anything, if others want to that's fine. 

Realistically I won't be here as much or following the team as closely and I've already begun to care less since deciding to step back from hockey, which is why I wasn't in the Miller thread as much. 

You're not alone with the term issue.  But you're probably on a deserted island if you're not a Miller fan.  Given your tag name, this all makes sense perhaps ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

So you're saying that a top 10 scorer in the top league in the world, who's hitting his prime, isn't worth 8 mil a year? 

You must be joking, right? 

I am okay with Miller deal? I didn't expect new management group was going to go to 8 million X 7 yrs with modified trade list after year 4.

I think signing any star player at 30 to 7yrs or 8 yrs is a risk in the last 2 - 3 years..

Rather have Miller then Huberdeau same age 10.5 million X 8 years

Kadri 32 -- 7 yrs X 7 million..

It will be interesting if Vancouver can sign Horvat to AAV  7 yrs X 6.7 million..

Horvat --Kuzmenko - Next summer

Petey, Podkolzin - 2 years

Management will be trying to free up more cap room for next summer...

Team might have to trade a winger make more cap room...Find a player in college or Europe

Boeser 6.65 X 3  , Garland 4.95 X 4 , Mikheyev 4.75 X 4,  Pearson 2 X 3.25 , Kuzmenko 950,000 X 1yr , Podkolzin 2 yrs X 950,000

Dickinson C/W 2 yrs X 2.65 ,  Joshua 2 yrs X 850,000 -- Lockwood  1 yr X 750,000

If a winger is moved it would be Boeser or Garland....

• Vintage 1