The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I knew he was closing in on 3000 but didn’t realize Schenn was already 7th all-time in the NHL for career hits.

Gives his “to be right at the top” quote a little more significance. He’s already there IMO, but hitting that 3000 milestone and possibly moving into the top-5 (if he can pass Lucic) one day would be an impressive achievement.

Schenn is also 22nd in career blocked shots (Edler is 4th! :o).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I knew he was closing in on 3000 but didn’t realize Schenn was already 7th all-time in the NHL for career hits.

Gives his “to be right at the top” quote a little more significance. He’s already there IMO, but hitting that 3000 milestone and possibly moving into the top-5 (if he can pass Lucic) one day would be an impressive achievement.

Schenn is also 22nd in career blocked shots (Edler is 4th! :o).

any idea how long they've been tracking the stat? I'm guessing not all that long. 

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

NHL “Real Time Stats” only go back to 2005, I believe. 

Still an achievement to be up there, even if several eras of players are excluded from the numbers.

oh certainly, not discounting the accomplishment at all. 

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

NHL “Real Time Stats” only go back to 2005, I believe. 

Still an achievement to be up there, even if several eras of players are excluded from the numbers.

The new blockchain based tracking system they are using around the NHL is really incredible. I believe they are collecting upwards of 100,000 data points per second on players and puck movement.

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

To me Hogs is a legit top 9 NHL player, I don't think he was rushed nor do I think he's on the wrong track.

In his career thus-far his points p/60 is 4th on the team & Goals p/60 is 3rd. He's been really good all things considered. 

Its a practical scenario cap wise, but I think Hogs should be in the NHL. 

I'll let Bruce decide if he's ready away from the puck tho. We aren't really built to have many guys get away with poor defensive play. 

I don't see it as a bad thing, but I can see your point. 

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I think as long as ilya looks like he'll get there first, they can't blow the whistle? 

Or did something change? 

I used to think it was first person past the hash marks but later found out that it's lines men's discretion in who will get to the puck first... 

Well with the automatic icing it has taken those races to the puck out, or very minimized those races. And defenceman lollygagging back there to milk the icing calls, the timing is way off. Especially when we got this added speed now.

13 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

The new blockchain based tracking system they are using around the NHL is really incredible. I believe they are collecting upwards of 100,000 data points per second on players and puck movement.

100,000 data points per second? Someone is going to need to take Drance to the hospital after four hours of this :ph34r: