The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Devron said:

TV. Northerner here. I am going to back to back games in January though. Oilers and Avs woo!

Ooof, that's gonna be tough competition!  I would've thrown in at least one Coyotes game in there! :) 

DM me when you're in town, I'll come to have a pre-game beer with you if you have time.  

42 minutes ago, Devron said:

TV. Northerner here. I am going to back to back games in January though. Oilers and Avs woo!

You around PG? Ty Young will be interesting to watch for the Cougars this year. Sprucekings usually ice a good team. But glad we have a Canuck prospect in our backyard to watch up North. 

1 hour ago, EP Phone Home said:

You around PG? Ty Young will be interesting to watch for the Cougars this year. Sprucekings usually ice a good team. But glad we have a Canuck prospect in our backyard to watch up North. 

That is cool! I’m from FSJ. So a bit of a ways away yet. I’ve only ever been to Regina Pats and Kelowna Rocket games 

• Cheers 1

Well, three preseason games down. The next round(s) of cuts shouldn't be too surprising.

I'm guessing it will be players like: Matt Alfaro, Vincent Arseneau, Arshdeep Bains, Carson Focht, Marc Gatcomb, Tristen Nielsen, Michael Regush, Jonn Stevens, Chase Wouters, Guillaume Brisebois, Wyatt Kalynuk, Alex Leipert Kannok, Quinn Schmiemann, Christian Wolanin, Jett Woo, Collin Delia, Michael DiPietro and Arturs Silovs.

It will get a little tougher after this.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well, Hughes on the right side experiment didn’t last very long…

I mean I wouldn’t read too much into it.

They obviously saw enough of the DeKeyser/Myers duo and with Dermott out that doesn’t leave any options for the left side on the 2nd pair. 

I think we’ll know more when Dermott is back.

• Cheers 1

Pre-season means absolutely nothing than evaluating your talent and so far the biggest takeaways is our top players look like our top players. Pettersson, Hughes, Miller, Demko, OEL are firing on all cylinders. Rathbones outlet passes were absolutely dynamite, impressed by Kuzmenko, Podkolzin, Joshua. But, the biggest thing is having your top guys sharp for the beginning of the season. The movement on the PP yesterday was fantastic. Yes, we lost, but in the grand scheme it means nothing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1