The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Oh wow; I didn't know that. So come out with unsubstantiated news on a player he doesn't like, mm?

0eaacae8-aa57-4126-a2a0-47cffaa37a58_tex

The fact that he’s a former Leaf and we “stole” their player probably plays into it too.

I can’t remember but I thought there were rumblings that the Leafs thought the Canucks may have tampered with him?

Salty Leafs media is all. Looking to be first to dog pile on the team when bad news hits.

32 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Worst show ever for me.

The Kinks.

Showed up late.

Short set. Only played stuff from their last two albums.

No encore.

Similar time:

Robert Plant. Even though he did only his solo and Honeydripper stuff.

He gave it his all and was quite the showman. Amazing stage setup.

So for a short show I got my money's worth.

Worst show: Loverboy. Mike Reno is an obnoxious tool. And he sounds like ****. And the leather pants didn’t look too great with the overhang either. 

Best Show: either Moody Blues at Deer Lake Park (back in the 90s) or, amusingly, Kim Mitchell. 

Kim Mitchell wasn’t even the headliner and absolutely stole it… total professional before the show too. Soundcheck he showed up with the entire band, they did an entire song. Directed traffic, they got the levels absolutey perfect. Then it was show time that night and it was absolutely perfect. It wasn’t the most energetic or ‘explosive’ show, no pyros etc, and not a particularly huge name, but in terms of “this is top shelf quality”, - vocals, music, levels, mix… it was great. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Penskih said:

Love Garland. Shifty, good passer, and loves to get under people's skin. Nice contract too, hope we keep him for the whole thing.

Perfect net front player in todays game.

Low center of gravity which makes him hard to push off the puck and he has very quick hands.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Perfect net front player in todays game.

Low center of gravity which makes him hard to push off the puck and he has very quick hands.

He’s also one of our best board guys while being the smallest guy on the ice because like you mentioned, low centre of gravity. He knows what it takes to be successful in this league. One of these years I feel he’ll breakout into so much more.

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 2