The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Canucks vs/@ Flames (Split Squad) / Sunday, Sept. 25/22 / 4:00 & 5:00 pm

Rate this topic

-DLC-

3 minutes ago, Maginator said:

If Martin struggles we have Delia who has a few dozen NHL games and Silovs who looked promising. I still think he'll be fine though.

More worried about Rathbone not being NHL ready still. The turnover was one thing, but he mailed it in after he knew he was beat. He's in his head and in the NHL, let alone beer league, being in your head is suicide.

Me too. backup goalies are generally pretty replaceable but they really need another qualified D man and it is looking less likely that Rathbone is it.

Can someone tell me if the ref that made the late call on Podz is an actual NHL ref, or just some schmuk hoping to become a ref one day.

What a ridiculous call; ruined all the kids' hard work to come back and tie the game.

Name that guy.  Should not call a pro game until he proves he can actually see the game properly.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Can someone tell me if the ref that made the late call on Podz is an actual NHL ref, or just some schmuk hoping to become a ref one day.

What a ridiculous call; ruined all the kids' hard work to come back and tie the game.

Name that guy.  Should not call a pro game until he proves he can actually see the game properly.

Refs weren't in the right angle to see that flames guy just got out muscled, and wasn't a trip. 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

I was actually wondering if they use the preseason to audition refs too. It was not a well called game overall and that was an awful call.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Horvat lol

What I am saying is if we move Pettersson to Miller's line. Move Bo to 2C. Dickinson was unable to fill the void as 3C last year, and Lazar is a no for sure. 

It's probably for the best to run, Petey, Miller and Bo down the middle, but the way Petey looks I want to see him and Miller paired together so they can stack up the points. 

Best thing about this game for me was Podz scoring one. 

More goals, more confidence in his natural talent consistently is all he needed and this can't help but grow him as a player as that shows more and more, Podz is hardly anywhere near his peak and I'm glad he's getting proper coaching. 

I just hope he doesn't go to overboard so we can't afford him depending on cap.. 

I sure hope the cap takes a healthy rise it time to pay him what he's worth by signing day for him.. 

Great to see him hit the net tonight!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Lazar looks like a good add and a lock for the 4th line.

Dickinson and Joshua were just OK. 

Doubt they can find a suitor for Dickinson but if you can….Nils Aman could definitely make a case for himself.  

May have to just waive Dickinson. 

• Cheers 1