The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Serious' allegations of child abuse levelled against Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

While the allegation are serious and may or may not be true, I’m leaning towards FA. I find it hard to believe a guy random goes into a kids room while they are sleeping to beat on them till they awake nor if they threw a 5 year old across the room and almost beat them to death like they claimed they wouldn’t end up in a hospital or have police involved? Why didn’t these allegation come out earlier and only comes when they needed more money? And really? 48000 computer? What kind of computer cost 48000? That is required for a university student? 

I mean if the allegations are true then he should be ousted, but in my personal opinion it seems a bit exaggerated and unbelievable. Let see what the court thinks

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Virtanen thread was shut down, the Mitchell thread was shut down and this one will be as well.  No it shouldn't be open to commentary from fans who already have declared him guilty, want him to sell the team and rot in prison for life.  This isn't even a criminal case, it's a case about child support payments for 3 adult children...

It’s been reported on the news. So does that mean that any forum for communication should still be censored/repressed?

Doesn’t matter who declares what about him. Has no bearing on anything. It’s just opinion. The fact that you also opined on it is proof of that, that there is fan interest and legitimately so.

Again, just want to know…is discussing something like this now outside of what CDC deems appropriate? And if so, why?

Vintage is the OP.

Still don’t understand.

Edited by RWJC
  • Upvote 1

Just now, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Fair point, however IF it is as bad as stated why weren’t the cops called? If they were where’s the file number to back up their statements. It’s really fishy that this is coming up so many years after the divorce, during which allegations like this are so valuable to her and her lawyer (monetarily) her lawyers definitely would have asked during their meetings prior to taking that case if there was physical abuse.

like I said in my other comment IF these allegations are true and have been fully vetted then the whole family is poison and needs to sell the team, there needs to be a thorough investigation done, I’m sure the nhl is calling investigators tonight, to make sure that these allegations are proven or disproven. 

I understand that time argument as well. The best guess I can offer is that the Mom wanted to protect the kids (they were still so young in 2013) or she was scared of what the Dad could do to them.
I'm sure Gary Bettman (who used to be in the NBA) is very concerned about this - as can be seen by the intense reaction, this is a bad look for the NHL ownership club. Unlike what happened with the Phoenix Suns where there were many witnesses this case is a bit different since it's a family affair. So how far any independent investigator can get will depend on the cooperation of all the parties involved. We should get a statement from him soon.
Unfortunately, our players and coaches are about to get asked a lot of questions about this. I suspect that a lot of them are privately already demanding an explanation from Francesco - who probably is denying the accusations. I expect that those players who have doubts will be affected by this, unfortunately, in their on-ice performance as that's just human nature when the accusations about your owner are this bad.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

While the allegation are serious and may or may not be true, I’m leaning towards FA. I find it hard to believe a guy random goes into a kids room while they are sleeping to beat on them till they awake nor if they threw a 5 year old across the room and almost beat them to death like they claimed they wouldn’t end up in a hospital or have police involved? Why didn’t these allegation come out earlier and only comes when they needed more money? And really? 48000 computer? What kind of computer cost 48000? That is required for a university student? 

I mean if the allegations are true then he should be ousted, but in my personal opinion it seems a bit exaggerated and unbelievable. Let see what the court thinks

Some very specialized software can easily cost you a ton of money. It all depends on what field you're in.

5 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Some very specialized software can easily cost you a ton of money. It all depends on what field you're in.

sure but what university field requires a student to pay 48k out of their own pocket?? how often can a student in university afford a 48k computer?? those are more for companies and rarely for individual let alone a student. 

Just now, Outsiders said:

Try being able to separate things in life. FA has nothing to do with supporting the team. He isn't even the Owner. I am supporting the team for the players and arena staff. No doubt FA should probably remove himself until this plays out. Anyone of the right mind knows this alleged behaviour is wrong but should go through the legal process to determine the facts. Why should everyone else suffer (players, arena staff and fans ) because of one bad apple who might not even be bad? Just because 99% of us on here will continue to support the team for the players and arena staff, doesn't mean we support FA amid these allegations.

Give your head a shake. You're exactly what's wrong with society. 

Hope that helps

Walk me through what use it is to disapprove of an individual's actions if you are just going to put money directly into their pockets?  Better yet, what does a billionaire family care if their customers don't "approve" of them when they're still making money off them?  They only care when they don't or are at risk of losing money.

If the people here are truly "of the right mind", then they can start by enacting change, and you enact change by pressuring the organization to make changes.  That happens financially, that happens from withdrawing time and attention, that happens from word of mouth, protesting, etc.  Nothing that I suggested is extreme lol.  It's standard stuff to demonstrate that whatever event has happened is not acceptable.  Now, if "99% of us" are going to continue to support the team, then maybe you and them aren't of the right mind after all, and this event is simply par the course.  And I get it, you just want to separate the individual from the team, but that isn't how it works.  People condemned the Blackhawks, Oilers, Hockey Canada, etc. as a collective; we shouldn't suddenly play semantics and single people out when it's the local team.  Besides, this isn't even the first instance of bad press coming towards the stewards of this team.  Believe agricultural workers could speak to that.

Now, I empathize with the notion surrounding arena staff, but what flawed logic that it is if we have to overlook terrible, shitty behaviour and actions because it *may* affect the livelihood of individuals.  Remind me to be a billionaire in a different lifetime where random people will inadvertently defend me because of they "care" about the front line workers, but don't care enough to actually punish me.

So now I'm curious - what is wrong with society?  Tell me.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RWJC said:

It’s been reported on the news. So does that mean that any forum for communication should still be censored/repressed?

Doesn’t matter who declares what about him. Has no bearing on anything. It’s just opinion. The fact that you also opined on it is proof of that, that there is fan interest and legitimately so.

Again, just want to know…is discussing something like this now outside of what CDC deems appropriate? And if so, why?

Vintage is the OP.

Still don’t understand.

Are you new here?  Every single political thread has been shut down on this site except for maybe one or two.  All threads were shut down involving "allegations" of Canucks players, former players, etc.  What part of this statement confuses you?  Also, why are you asking me about all of this, I am not a moderator...

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

sure but what university field requires a student to pay 48k out of their own pocket?? how often can a student in university afford a 48k computer?? those are more for companies and rarely for individual let alone a student. 

No university would require that (I hope), but if I really want to go crazy (e.g., if I'm in the medical field and want to have the best possible chance), I can easily accumulate tens of thousands of software cost. It's pretty crazy how expensive some of these software are - especially computer graphics-related, animation-related.

13 minutes ago, AV. said:

Walk me through what use it is to disapprove of an individual's actions if you are just going to put money directly into their pockets?  Better yet, what does a billionaire family care if their customers don't "approve" of them when they're still making money off them?  They only care when they don't or are at risk of losing money.

If the people here are truly "of the right mind", then they can start by enacting change, and you enact change by pressuring the organization to make changes.  That happens financially, that happens from withdrawing time and attention, that happens from word of mouth, protesting, etc.  Nothing that I suggested is extreme lol.  It's standard stuff to demonstrate that whatever event has happened is not acceptable.  Now, if "99% of us" are going to continue to support the team, then maybe you and them aren't of the right mind after all, and this event is simply par the course.  And I get it, you just want to separate the individual from the team, but that isn't how it works.  People condemned the Blackhawks, Oilers, Hockey Canada, etc. as a collective; we shouldn't suddenly play semantics and single people out when it's the local team.  Besides, this isn't even the first instance of bad press coming towards the stewards of this team.  Believe agricultural workers could speak to that.

Now, I empathize with the notion surrounding arena staff, but what flawed logic that it is if we have to overlook terrible, shitty behaviour and actions because it *may* affect the livelihood of individuals.  Remind me to be a billionaire in a different lifetime where random people will inadvertently defend me because of they "care" about the front line workers, but don't care enough to actually punish me.

So now I'm curious - what is wrong with society?  Tell me.

This is nothing in comparison to hockey Canada or Blackhawks.

Nobody here is a fan of FA. We are fans of the stick in rink, the downhill skate, the orca. We are fans of horvat petterson Hughes etc.

We are fans of alumni like Linden Quinn luongo naslund etc.

Not Aquilini.

The Blackhawks scandal directly involved members of the team and management. And was purposely covered up.

Hockey Canada involved players and again was covered up .

This is a personal family matter about our owner, not a player or management. The owner. None of these allegations have been proven to be true and they don't have anything to do with hockey or hockey players or coaches or managers.

And nothing has been covered up, this is the first time it's being reported.

Complete apples and Oranges.

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Are you new here?  Every single political thread has been shut down on this site except for maybe one or two.  All threads were shut down involving "allegations" of Canucks players, former players, etc.  What part of this statement confuses you?  Also, why are you asking me about all of this, I am not a moderator...

No I’m not new, as you are well aware.

Because you are the one that personally called for the Mitchell post to be shut down, and are now stating that this one will be, I’m wondering if you personally feel that it violates something, and if so what?

what is the difference between discussing this matter or creating trade proposals or posting rumours of potential NHL deals? To say that discussion or rumours bandied about on a forum regarding a player is different and doesn’t possibly infringe or affect on their personal life is a bunk excuse and totally hypocritical of CDC.

is that what’s going to be removed next? The ability to “gossip” about hockey?

it’s the same shit any way you slice it up.

That colossal gossip trash rag (jk) CBC has posted it. I guess we should definitely be restricted now.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6598208

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Oh man... this is real messed up... The fact that 4 kids have stepped forward to sign an affidavit is pretty telling. Acting like a complete tool on his burner twitter account isn't a good look either.

What’s his so called burner??

5 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

This is nothing in comparison to hockey Canada or Blackhawks.

Nobody here is a fan of FA. We are fans of the stick in rink, the downhill skate, the orca. We are fans of horvat petterson Hughes etc.

We are fans of alumni like Linden Quinn luongo naslund etc.

Not Aquilini.

The Blackhawks scandal directly involved members of the team and management. And was purposely covered up.

Hockey Canada involved players and again was covered up .

This is a personal family matter about our owner, not a player or management. The owner. None of these allegations have been proven to be true and they don't have anything to do with hockey or hockey players or coaches or managers.

And nothing has been covered up, this is the first time it's being reported.

Complete apples and Oranges.

:blink:

37 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

No university would require that (I hope), but if I really want to go crazy (e.g., if I'm in the medical field and want to have the best possible chance), I can easily accumulate tens of thousands of software cost. It's pretty crazy how expensive some of these software are - especially computer graphics-related, animation-related.

i get you can accumulated that if you are a professional.. but they are not.. i dunno whether it's true or not but flights taking breaks from school all the expense seems excessive and go far and above child support.. oh well will let the court have it's opinion first

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, RWJC said:

No I’m not new, as you are well aware.

Because you are the one that personally called for the Mitchell post to be shut down, and are now stating that this one will be, I’m wondering if you personally feel that it violates something, and if so what?

what is the difference between discussing this matter or creating trade proposals or posting rumours of potential NHL deals? To say that discussion or rumours bandied about on a forum regarding a player is different and doesn’t possibly infringe or affect on their personal life is a bunk excuse and totally hypocritical of CDC.

is that what’s going to be removed next? The ability to “gossip” about hockey?

it’s the same shit any way you slice it up.

That colossal gossip trash rag (jk) CBC has posted it. I guess we should definitely be restricted now.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6598208

I will end this by advising you to read rule 10 of this forum.  If you do then what I have highlighted will make much more sense to you and you won't need me to answer any more of your questions.  Thanks...

• Cheers 1