The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Serious' allegations of child abuse levelled against Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Well, a lot of things were OK then. Child labor, child marriage etc. Blacks and women couldn't vote, Japanese Canadians got sent to camps etc.  But I agree with the OP that the young generation now are soft. 

I think you're mis-reading what the OP posted. The OP clearly is saying that people right now not being able to deal with fathers beating their kids (who can't defend themselves, I may add) is a sign of softness. I'm hoping you won't agree with that view.

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

You, sir, have a pile of rocks for brains.

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

There is a difference between disciplining your kids and doing things like beating them up while they’re sleeping.

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Nothing wrong with child beaters according to you. 

Nothing has been proven in court.

This screams lies lies lies.

This will end up just like the JV case, money makes people do crazy things.

I have $130,000 worth of reasons supporting this, I've been to family court. People lie, women lie.

Why was none of this mentioned in 2013?

The court of Public opinion has already smashed the gavel though.

This better not be a distraction to the team. 

I'm not coming back to this thread lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AV. said:

Fans should be cancelling their season tickets tonight and should withhold both their money and time from anything to do with the Canucks organization.

And the extremists have entered the thread. Talk about irrational thinking, but on the bright side that means leaving CDC as well. One less unreasonable member, perfect!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Another thread that needs to be shut down because of "allegations" from an ex-wife whose net worth is over $40 million.

Surprisingly, none of this ever came up in the divorce trial where the parenting of the children along with writing the ex-wife a large cheque were the two main items on the agenda. 

Why didn't this issue come up in the divorce?  If he was beating his kids when they were young surely the ex-wife would have let the court know this in 2013 when the kids were teenagers, and they were dividing up the custody of the children.  Why now?  And what does that even half to do with not paying child support when they are in university?  Seems odd that he stops paying for whatever reason and now he's an alleged child abuser from 20 years ago.

Unbelievable...

But why shut down? You said this about the Mitchell thread too. I don’t understand. Do you think anyone who comments or CDC bears legal liability for any discussion of this?

It’s a topic that should be open for commentary. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Nothing has been proven in court.

This screams lies lies lies.

This will end up just like the JV case, money makes people do crazy things.

I have $130,000 worth of reasons supporting this, I've been to family court. People lie, women lie.

Why was none of this mentioned in 2013?

The court of Public opinion has already smashed the gavel though.

This better not be a distraction to the team. 

I'm not coming back to this thread lol.

Guilty until proven innocent works both ways. 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Beating sleeping kids is not discipline.  Put him in prison if true.

IF these allegations are as they say, why wasn’t the cops called, why wasn’t this brought up in the 2013 divorce? This reeks of momma needs money and the kids want their college paid for. Very very fishy that this is all coming out now almost a decade after

that being said if the allegations are true and Aqua is a child beating loser then the league needs to force the family to sell the team

Edited by KelownaCanucksFan
Spelling
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

What the heck are you trying to say? Support a different team other than the Canucks? Root for a different team with their players? 

If it's all true about "the spokesperson" for ownership of the current Canucks team then he'll get what's coming to him. The Canucks started in 1970

and has had various owners and ownership coalitions. I'm not about to dump them or stop watching them...

Clearly heffy , who is one of the more active posters around here, isn't a bleed blue and green die hard, he just likes the digital companionship on this board....

Nothing could make me not be a Canucks fan, I've never liked aquilini, he just signs their cheques.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Muttley said:

What the heck are you trying to say? Support a different team other than the Canucks? Root for a different team with their players? 

If it's all true about "the spokesperson" for ownership of the current Canucks team then he'll get what's coming to him. The Canucks started in 1970

and has had various owners and ownership coalitions. I'm not about to dump them or stop watching them...

If the accusations are true and the Aquilini family does not sell the team, I will be choosing a new team to support.

• Haha 1

Some have said they suspect this is an ex-wife trying to squeeze out a few more bucks. If true it certainly wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Happens in reverse too.

However here we have statements from the children who are now grown adults. The youngest being 20 years old and all of the children state they want absolutely nothing to do with him. So far as to, they do not want him knowing there whereabouts or even what they are doing. If the kids were greedy wouldn't they play nice and wait to inherit the fortune?

Sounds like the kids at least couldn't give a rip about the dough and just want to be left alone.

• Cheers 2

Just now, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Clearly heffy , who is one of the more active posters around here, isn't a bleed blue and green die hard, he just likes the digital companionship on this board....

Nothing could make me not be a Canucks fan, I've never liked aquilini, he just signs their cheques.

Some things are simply more important than sports.  Where's the line for you?  Would you cheer for a team that hired Graham James as a coach?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

If the accusations are true and the Aquilini family does not sell the team, I will be choosing a new team to support.

:lol: :lol: Who you gonna support, the Flames?!???!??

6 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

And the extremists have entered the thread. Talk about irrational thinking, but on the bright side that means leaving CDC as well. One less unreasonable member, perfect!

What's unreasonable about wanting to cut money and time from the team?  Seems like a pretty reasonable and effective manner to send a message that such alleged behaviour isn't condoned and doesn't represent the fanbase.

Hope that helps.

• Cheers 1