The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Serious' allegations of child abuse levelled against Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Francesco is not the owner but simply the head. Luigi is the owner, another member of the family or someone else can be appointed it it gets that bad. The team is to valuable as a write off and profit for not only this business but others as well.

hard to say what will happen, but maybe that's a good idea? dunno its so hard to know whats really going on. 

Its a bit odd that all the kids don't seem to want to be near him tho, that does trouble me. 

OTOH my brothers 1st wife was an total psycho that accused him of all kinds of things during the divorce. 

I wish we had more facts to work with. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Through counsel, the respondent has indicated he denies the allegations, but again we haven’t received any evidence from him to that effect at all.”

So the ex wife's lawyer demands evidence Aqualung didn't beat his kids? Also note his ex wife never witnessed the alleged abuse. Who knows if the allegations are true, not I, not we.However there are some oddities there at first glance. And ugliness, definite ugliness. I guess some of these 'messy divorces' go on forever. It's a damn shame, just when the future was looking bright for our Canucks, dark ominous clouds roll in.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AV. said:

Fans should be cancelling their season tickets tonight and should withhold both their money and time from anything to do with the Canucks organization.

I'm waiting for more information but I'll be picking a new team to support if there's any truth to this and the team isn't sold.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, AV. said:

Fans should be cancelling their season tickets tonight and should withhold both their money and time from anything to do with the Canucks organization.

Will you be cancelling your CDC membership? This place is a time filler isn't it?

Add revenue is based on web site visits are they not?

Another thread that needs to be shut down because of "allegations" from an ex-wife whose net worth is over $40 million.

Surprisingly, none of this ever came up in the divorce trial where the parenting of the children along with writing the ex-wife a large cheque were the two main items on the agenda. 

Why didn't this issue come up in the divorce?  If he was beating his kids when they were young surely the ex-wife would have let the court know this in 2013 when the kids were teenagers, and they were dividing up the custody of the children.  Why now?  And what does that even half to do with not paying child support when they are in university?  Seems odd that he stops paying for whatever reason and now he's an alleged child abuser from 20 years ago.

Unbelievable...

• Upvote 3

Just now, gurn said:

Will you be cancelling your CDC membership? This place is a time filler isn't it?

Add revenue is based on web site visits are they not?

Perhaps.  As much as I appreciate some discussion around here, clicks lead to ad revenue (as you pointed out) and that would be no bueno.

59 minutes ago, JM_ said:

hard to say what will happen, but maybe that's a good idea? dunno its so hard to know whats really going on. 

Its a bit odd that all the kids don't seem to want to be near him tho, that does trouble me. 

That part above is probably what gives the abuse accusations the most credibility...actually, see my post below. The kids are the ones alleging the abuse, and they have an affidavit.

Edited by Vinny in Vancouver
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, AV. said:

Suffer because of these two? No thanks. 

Justice is hopefully brought forward. But I’m not ruining my life because of a couple other individuals. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Ok, I did some more reading and there's more information here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/canucks-onwer-child-support-payments-1.6598208 

It's Aquilini's kids that are alleging the abuse and not the ex-wife. Here's an affidavit letter from one of Aquilini's children:

"The respondent [Francesco Aquilini] then forced all of us upstairs into our individual rooms, went to each room to physically abuse each child. I saw the respondent throw another child — at that time five years old — across the room. I locked myself in my bathroom. The respondent broke the lock and was throwing his body at the door to come in and beat me. I called the claimant [Tali'ah Aquilini] and asked her to hurry home, stating I was scared the respondent would kill me, and I was worried that he had already killed my younger siblings."

So unless there's something wrong with the kid's recollection or the kid's lying, that's pretty bad.

Edited by Vinny in Vancouver
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

No. That's like taking it out on the whole organization. This is about "the owner and his wife". Why bring frustrations and potential revenue loss to people

that absolutely nothing to do with it, nor make it possibly touchy for players to have to address it to the media and you know, they'll be brazen enough to do just that. 

Let the courts decide it.

If this was, for example, the owner of your favourite restaurant, would you still eat there?

If there's legs behind this, that's the right thing to do, and there are other teams to support.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Another thread that needs to be shut down because of "allegations" from an ex-wife whose net worth is over $40 million.

Surprisingly, none of this ever came up in the divorce trial where the parenting of the children along with writing the ex-wife a large cheque were the two main items on the agenda. 

Why didn't this issue come up in the divorce?  If he was beating his kids when they were young surely the ex-wife would have let the court know this in 2013 when the kids were teenagers, and they were dividing up the custody of the children.  Why now?  And what does that even half to do with not paying child support when they are in university?  Seems odd that he stops paying for whatever reason and now he's an alleged child abuser from 20 years ago.

Unbelievable...

Allegations seem like they're directly from the kids - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/canucks-onwer-child-support-payments-1.6598208 . One of the kids wrote an affidavit letter.

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Unbelievable...

These accusations are made by the children via affidavit, not the mother. 

She got full custody of the kids at the divorce and they don’t even tell Aquilini which schools they attend. Clearly they have not had contact with him and don’t want contact with him. By the description, they are 3 intelligent kids. I doubt this is manipulation. 

it is not far fetched that this wouldn’t have been brought up during divorce proceedings. In 2013 these three kids would have been minors. Not all parents want to disclose this kind of information for fear of the kind of damage it can do as public knowledge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1