The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 14 players - Oct. 07, 2022

8 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

He's actually ended up putting together a pretty respectable career. 360 games as a 7/8 defenseman. 

He almost reached 400 games to secure pension money (I'm probably 3 or 4 CBAs behind HAHA, but that used to be the number, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now)

• Cheers 1

I feel like Kovacevic or Samorukov would be good waiver pickups. The latter is what I believe to be projectable NHL player. I watched him in play at the World Juniors in Vancouver and absolutely loved what I saw. He had a shot with the Oilers last year but Tippet did him pretty dirty in that game vs. the Blues, I thought. And unsurprisingly, there isn't a lot of room on that Oilers blueline. He may be worth a look, and we're pretty desperate...

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs

14 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

He almost reached 400 games to secure pension money (I'm probably 3 or 4 CBAs behind HAHA, but that used to be the number, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now)

Players earn one quarter of a year's benefits for every 20 credited games, and they are vested in their benefits as soon as they earn them. A player who has earned 10 full years of benefits will have earned the maximum benefit payable by law.

Full Service: You've been in the league for ten years and have received 82 games per season for pension purposes. If you reach this threshold, you will receive the maximum pension benefit, currently $255,000 per year. Partial Service: You've spent time with the big club, but also in the minors

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

how do you see Joseph stacking up against Rathbone?

HIs draft pedigree is better, but they are about equal in NHL games played

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

People were spoiled with Salo.  As often as he was hurt, he was always good as new when he came back, with the exception of when he played the game after he ruptured a testicle.

Salo was a hell of a dman. I have Ohlund as the best ever. Salo, Jovo, Hughes all tied for second. 

I really want us to claim Kovacevic. Right side D. Big boy (6”4) plays a defensive game and has always been a plus player since playing professional hockey. Has been the Moose’s best defenseman the last two years.

Come on this is exactly the type of D we need to stay home and let our smooth skating left side do their rover game. Make the claim PA.

• Upvote 1