The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jason Dickinson, 2024 2nd-round pick to Blackhawks for Riley Stillman

17 hours ago, Nave said:

Not happy with giving up the 2nd, but the left side of our defense looks good with Hughes, OEL, and Stillman. 

Hard to say we win this trade considering we gave up a 3rd for Dickinson, and gave up a 2nd just to trade him, but we added toughness and Rathbone can marinate in the AHL just a little longer. 

Reserving further judgment until we make another move. 

Stillman 24, 6'1 , 200 lbs -LD  Plays tough and will add grit on defence beside Schenn..

5 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Stillman 24, 6'1 , 200 lbs -LD  Plays tough and will add grit on defence beside Schenn..

From what I have seen I think he's going to be a good addition and potentially a fan favorite. Physical and not afraid to back it up. I am looking forward to seeing how he fits in...

Edited by Podz92
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

No... No they don't. Myers is good for 3 big'ish hits a season, 2 of which he will receive penalties for....

OEL may hit if the situation falls in his lap, but he sure doesn't seek out hits. 

Exactly which means he does hit 

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

I don't think either guy is intimidating.

They deserve credit don't get me wrong  but they aren't scary especially Burroughs.

Yeah I guess we just have a different opinion on what intimidating means in today's NHL. I'm not calling Schenn a goon, but I just don't agree that a 6'2, 225 player who was top 5 in hits and is game for a donnybrook isn't an intimidating player to be playing against.

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I'm one point away from a permanent ban, I'm waiting for something really good to bow out on. 

Yikes; hope that (too) is a joke.

I got a slap in the Jake thread, but I was misunderstood and took my punishment without arguing, as my dad had taught me, (incorrectly it turns out).

What are these points?  How does one atone?

Surely we can sacrifice some trolls and idiots before voices of reason and wit such as yours.

I call on all and sunder (whatever the Marchand that is) to stand up and Free JM!

FREE JM!

FREE JM!

(I gotta go; my wife wants to watch a TV show.)

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yikes; hope that (too) is a joke.

I got a slap in the Jake thread, but I was misunderstood and took my punishment without arguing, as my dad had taught me, (incorrectly it turns out).

What are these points?  How does one atone?

Surely we can sacrifice some trolls and idiots before voices of reason and wit such as yours.

I call on all and sunder (whatever the Marchand that is) to stand up and Free JM!

FREE JM!

FREE JM!

(I gotta go; my wife wants to watch a TV show.)

you'll have to talk to the big boss about that one (@SN) 

What was this trade about?

- Next year we need to sign Horvat Kuzmenko and Hoglander.  The money to do that is 2.4 from Virtanen and Holtby, 1M in cap increase, and the savings on Dickenson (net of Stillman).  This gives us money to sign these three guys.  I think this trade is really about creating this cap room for next year. I don't think we are spending this new room on a UFA - unless it is a one year deal. (Milano maybe).

The future deal will be a trade of 1 or 2 of Garland Boeser Rathbone or Hoglander for a top 4 RD. Swapping cap room for cap room.

Edited by fanfor42
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

- Next year we need to sign Horvat Kuzmenko and Hoglander.  The money to do that is 2.4 from Virtanen and Holtby, 1M in cap increase, and the savings on Dickenson (net of Stillman).  This gives us money to sign these three guys.  I think this trade is really about creating this cap room for next year. I don't think we are spending this new room on a UFA - unless it is a one year deal. (Milano maybe).

The future deal will be a trade of 1 or 2 of Garland Boeser Rathbone or Hoglander for a top 4 RD. Swapping cap room for cap room.

I think it is also done now to give us a little breathing room if a waiver wire guy comes available... and also makes a roster spot available for Aman.

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I'm betting they're not going to be able to afford Kuz without moving one of Boeser or Garland.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm betting they're not going to be able to afford Kuz without moving one of Boeser or Garland.

Don’t know if we can move Boeser now he’s got that new contract and actually clear cap.  Might have to be Garland.  And even with him I’m not too sure we can get away with not taking back equal dollars.  

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

It’s a good point.Garland or Hoglander Boeser should be moved imo but he doesn’t exactly have a lot of value atm

Edited by Cromeslab

7 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

No, it means LD1,2, and 3 are now set (Q,O,&Stillman); Dermott is not as good as Stillman, says he can play the right side but we haven't seen it, and is injured with a concussion (and they can take a very long time).

Burr (can we call him that yet?) is still pretty safe on RD, but, as you fear, may be pushed down when Myers returns if Poolman continues to improve and not relapse.  (RD: Myers, Poolman, Schenn, Burroughs.  He has to hope we roll with 7 D and that he continues to outplay the 4LD (Dermott) for that 7th spot.

7 hours ago, kilgore said:

Yeah a few things still up in the air I guess.  Maybe Burroughs saving grace is that he is a right shot D, which is difficult to fill for the 6 or even 7 spot. 

I know its tough to have to type out all those extra letters, but no.......in answer to your "can we call him that yet?".    They'll only be one Burr. AFAIC.   

I like NewBurr 

• There it is 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t know if we can move Boeser now he’s got that new contract and actually clear cap.  Might have to be Garland.  And even with him I’m not too sure we can get away with not taking back equal dollars.  

If Garland outperforms Boeser, then it should be Boeser getting moved unfortunately. Garland was our best 5v5 player last season as well.

Kuz is likely going to take BB’s powerplay spot as well, so it will be far more difficult to put up similar numbers from his previous years.

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

I hope you're right.  That means Kuz is north of 5.5 to re-sign - which means he is a hell of a player.

Let's see. I expect he is a 25/25/50 guy and 5.5 gets it done.  If he is better than 25 goals and 50 points halleluiah!

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1