The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jason Dickinson, 2024 2nd-round pick to Blackhawks for Riley Stillman

Barring a shocking turnaround this is definitely the worst trade by far of the new management team. It’s a lose-lose-lose end result. Lost a 2C and lost a 2nd round pick for a guy that makes every D on our roster look like Cale Makar in comparison. Starting to get nervous about their capability to assess/evaluate NHL talent. Just a terrible decision.

• Upvote 1

YAlike i said i will wait and see..so far i see a guy thats trying fit in and play good defence but i watched the game live the other day and i see a  kid that needs to improve his hockey plays..he is willing to scrap but i thought he would be bit tougher,,either get stronger or be better on back end or trade him away again with another player...looking for a bit tougher guy back there..

On 11/6/2022 at 9:32 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

This is quickly going down as a stealth worst trade in our franchise history. Seemed like an innocent cap dump and now it's turned into trading away a 2C PPG and a 2nd round pick for a 7th defenceman who is single handedly losing us games.

The OEL trade was infinitely worse in my opinion.

• Cheers 1

On 11/6/2022 at 2:32 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

This is quickly going down as a stealth worst trade in our franchise history. Seemed like an innocent cap dump and now it's turned into trading away a 2C PPG and a 2nd round pick for a 7th defenceman who is single handedly losing us games.

Yeah, this isn’t a massive overreaction at all…

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

People calling Dickenson a #2 Center hahahahahahaha 

same one that said horvats  a third liner. 

Dickenson was brought here to be a third liner he couldn’t do it he was terrible now hes playing well and it the worst trade in the universe that PA gave up a second to get rid of him 

then used the cap space to get what those same  whiners were crying about a rhd that fit under our cap.

most likely they same folks that couldn’t stop telling every one what a great trade the gubranson trade was . And how second rounders never make the nhl anyway lolololololol. Or 5th rounders or 1st rounders when Jb was throwing picks  away like candy. 
how did we get superstar prust again lolololol.

Giving up the second sucks that’s about it. 

we wouldnt have had to if the dim witted idiot that got fired a year ago didn’t  hand out bad contracts every summer he was here.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 6:46 AM, HKSR said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if cap savings was the goal, sending Dickinson down to Abby would have saved about the same in cap.

Clearly this management group was high enough on Stillman to give up a 2nd in this deal.  That's what scares me most about this trade... the poor judgement of professional talent.

This trade seems to be mostly about Allvins' analytics department: trying to unearthed a gem.  Instead it is CHI, that sold high and will more than likely, be trading Dickenson for something...

1 hour ago, combover said:

then used the cap space to get what those same  whiners were crying about a rhd that fit under our cap.

Damn near a last place team, and couldn't fit a 2 million dollar dman under our maxxed out cap. Embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, combover said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

People calling Dickenson a #2 Center hahahahahahaha 

same one that said horvats  a third liner. 

Dickenson was brought here to be a third liner he couldn’t do it he was terrible now hes playing well and it the worst trade in the universe that PA gave up a second to get rid of him 

most likely they same folks that couldn’t stop telling every one what a great trade the gubranson trade was . And how second rounders never make the nhl anyway lolololololol. Or 5th rounders or 1st rounders when Jb was throwing picks  away like candy. 
how did we get superstar prust again lolololol.

Giving up the second sucks that’s about it. 

we wouldnt have had to if the dim witted idiot that got fired a year ago didn’t  hand out bad contracts every summer he was here.

And have fired Benning before that awful OEL Trade.  But that’s all done now. 

• Cheers 1

On 11/7/2022 at 9:00 AM, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Barring a shocking turnaround this is definitely the worst trade by far of the new management team. It’s a lose-lose-lose end result. Lost a 2C and lost a 2nd round pick for a guy that makes every D on our roster look like Cale Makar in comparison. Starting to get nervous about their capability to assess/evaluate NHL talent. Just a terrible decision.

Are you serious? When did Dickinson play like a 2C with the Canucks?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 11/6/2022 at 10:46 PM, HKSR said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if cap savings was the goal, sending Dickinson down to Abby would have saved about the same in cap.

Clearly this management group was high enough on Stillman to give up a 2nd in this deal.  That's what scares me most about this trade... the poor judgement of professional talent.

This was 100% a cap dump. We either asked for Stillman back (because management didn't want to look bad with Dickinson + 2nd for nothing) or Chicago insisted Stillman go the other way and we thought that's ok since it will add to our defense depth. 

And the reason for this move seems to be so that we can keep more forwards on the roster (Aman, Joshua etc...) and more wiggly room to re-sign Horvat. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

On 11/8/2022 at 6:03 PM, Drakrami said:

This was 100% a cap dump. We either asked for Stillman back (because management didn't want to look bad with Dickinson + 2nd for nothing) or Chicago insisted Stillman go the other way and we thought that's ok since it will add to our defense depth. 

And the reason for this move seems to be so that we can keep more forwards on the roster (Aman, Joshua etc...) and more wiggly room to re-sign Horvat. 

Yeah, a pure cap dump and Stillman was the warm body, so Allvin can save face.  What a mess for virtue.

Edited by ShawnAntoski