The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, StiffStick33 said:

brock was brutal. Low energy liability 

I was strongly in Favour of trading him and stand by that.    All he is - is a Shooter.  No more - No less!     Can't forecheck, can't backcheck, can't stick handle, can't pass, and doesn't play physical.  The one and only thing he is good at are one timers from 17.5 ft on a 11 degree angle from the right side of the opposing goaltender.  That's about it!

• Thanks 1

The “TSN turning point” was the missed call on Hughes during their first goal.

As I suspected, Hogs’ pre-season was not really him. Although a lot of Canucks missed glorious chances, Hogs remains king at that marker. I hope when Mik comes, Hogs is sent down.

I have to say this game made me very angry. We waited a long time to see this. Our PP, which everyone, including myself, thought to be extremely potent, was a complete dud.

1/7 is unacceptable.

Ugh. I’m gonna toss and turn all night now. 

Edited by grandmaster
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Special teams killed us. Yes the missed call on Hughes was a turning point but jesus christ keep playing. They turtled. Couldn't do anything on the PP and gave up a shorty in fact. They would have been better off waiving the powerplay to just keep playing 5 on 5.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, ey40 said:

I don’t think so. This game once again showed everyone that McDavid is a game changer, and as long as he is in the lineup, I don’t see the Canucks could get pass the Oilers.

I can't say being outshot by double while having a sub par starting goaltender is a very reliable strat though.  Wins you a game once in a blue moon...which I guess it is tonight

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Amazing how you tank for over half a decade and only end up with two good players

They tanked for yearsssss only to go on a 10 game winning streak at the end of the reg season ruining their chance for a lotto pick .  

• Cheers 1

Just now, drdeath said:

It’s happened to this team for years. Bad call or bad bounce and they go into a shell. Should have come out after the missed call on Hughes with a McSorely special to Conor McDavid but instead they just accept it and go into a shell. And look what happens. 

I would've loved to see one of: Joshua, Lazar, Schenn...Stillman go after Kane

That's the pushback we needed right at that moment. Just someone to go after Kane automatically for bloodying our star D-Man. Once upon a time that was normal. And I bet it would've change our energy after that first goal.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Good game by the boys overall, but a couple of mistakes cost us and McDavid took advantage.  

Annoying way to lose as we were dominating them until Hughes got high-sticked, they scored, and we missed Hughes and played with 5 d-men for most of the 2nd period.  

Lots of standouts on our team:  Kuzmenko, Petey, JT, Pearson, OEL, Poolman, Garland, and Podz all had very strong games.  We held them to very little 5 on 5, but they destroyed our special teams. 

Yep, the shooting and passes were sloppy…gonna take a few games. Team look really good though if they bury a couple of those open nets.

let’s get I;ya out there and hope Myers is back,soon…the defense was rough tonight.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AV. said:

2022/23 season so far:
- blew a 3 goal lead in the opening game
- lost to a team playing with less than the minimum amount of skaters
- can't kill penalties
- can't score on powerplays
- concede short-handed goals

"but but but the refs!!!".. Didn't realize the refs made us concede 5 unanswered goals :rolleyes:

More of the same this season, folks.  Don't say I never warned you - this defence ain't good enough, never has been.

The better team at 5 on 5 lost tonight...which was a theme last season (whether the Canucks won or lost).  I guess 5 on 5 means absolutely nothing in this league, only to the analytic community

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

Say all you want about this missed call, but the Canucks didn’t play aggressively enough in the third. I sensed that another slow start is coming.

Prove me wrong Canucks on Saturday, prove me wrong!

Go night all Canucks fans!

a 'core' player has to go to fix the defence.  you build from the net out.  

also why t fk have they started in edmonton 4 years in a row....on the road 4 years in a row....  i know..nit picking...but someone needs to bark at the schedule maker.

• Vintage 2