The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

53 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Guess what, if you’re worried about China having information on you, our governments have that exact info as well and it’s not through an app. China wouldn’t be my concern :lol:

Fear mongering.

my government collects my information in the open, not under the guise of an app for dumb people to compete for attention. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, DS4quality said:

We need a thread dedicated to off day practices and relevant day to day things. For inbetween game days. I'm not sure if I'm still angry about Edmonton, or if I should be pumped about the game in Philly?

Consider starting the GDT for the Philly game:

2022-2023 GDT Sign-up Thread

HAPPY SEASON START!. Game Day Threads (GDT's) are created for every game to focus discussion in one place. Please comment in this thread to reserve a spot. 

Rules

• Use the [GDT] tag at the start of your thread title.
  • The GDT can be posted immediately after the previous game ends and at least 12 hours before the game starts. 
  • If no GDT is posted 12 hours before the game, it becomes first come first serve.
  • Please give some advance notice if you can't create the GDT at the required time.

Please provide some basic info at the start of your thread:

• Game time and location
  • Team lineups
  • Broadcast information (TV and radio)

Creativity is encouraged but skill is not necessary. Do your best to create a high-quality and informative GDT. Please only volunteer if you're sure you'll be able to make the thread.

2 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

I wonder how the lines will shake out once Mikheyev is back healthy and officially bumps Hog off that line. Honestly, after the first game, the only one of the bubble players at forward that look like they should come out is Joshua.

If the options are either scratch Höglander or put him on the 4th line and take one of them out, based on the first game, Hog had a really good game, he had absolutely no finish but he was hard on the forecheck, disruptive and made a few good reads in the dzone, he wasn't perfect but doesn't deserve to sit. As for the 4th line, Åman and Lazar both looked like they could provide quality minutes in that role. Åman, in just over 5 minutes against McDavid at 5 - on - 5, managed to keep the Oilers from getting a single shot, Canucks didn't get any shots in that situation either but that's pretty much exactly what you want out a 4th line.

Joshua just didn't show well last game and the lack of response from any of the players on the ice when Nurse hit Burroughs (except Garland), followed by no response from Joshua specifically  for the rest of the game isn't acceptable for what he's supposed to bring.

Agreed that is exactly what you want from the 4th line. Cost efficient, can play minutes, don't tilt the ice, and don't get scored on. With Hoglander though I wonder how important a bigger body is on the fourth line. I don't actually think Joshua is a fighter though is he? I think he's more of a low event player like Aman and Lazar from what I recall.

8 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Little off topic! This alone deserves a season tank!!!!!!! Love this guy already!!! Lol

Screenshot_20221014-150830_Chrome.jpg

Tank? Nah, since he likes us so much he'll just refuse to play for Arizona when they pick him, and only play in Vancouver. Watch, they'll pick him, and then he'll walk straight to JR/PA. ^_^

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I dunno according to some on here him sitting on the bench would have totally made Nurse think twice about his cheap shot last game. :lol:

cheap shot yes

black (Am I allowed to say that?) eye , also yes

6 hours ago, stawns said:

Terrible would be adding an extra 30 mins to games that are already too long.

Nope.

Get it right. I'll wait.

Longer hockey games is fine for me if they are actually called better. That results in a better product. 

Dont ever become a cricket fan.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Well with all the video about refs and game management.  Ruining the integrity and intentions of bona fide refereeing. It's time the pendulum swung in the favor of the coaches. One challenge for obvious mistakes. That penalty was obvious.

I agree.  Those who are complaining about the game slowing down, stopping, too much....how many times does this happen to a team during the year?  That one of your players is hit illegally and laying bleeding on the ice while the offending team goes on to score?  For a lot teams it may not even happen once.  So that reasoning is not very logical IMO.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• -DLC- unpinned and unfeatured this topic
10 hours ago, stawns said:

I'd rather not have two more long delays in the course of a game.  Teams have been dealing with bad/missed calls for over a hundred years, it's just part of the game.

That's showing great concern for an injured young player.

Well done.

• Vintage 1