The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Kuzy said:

I'm ready for Horvat to go, he's not showing any on-ice leadership, grit, desire to win. Totally just floating out there and he thinks he's a 1C? Even Lazar is outplaying him.

If we could package both Boeser and Horvat for a top 4 D, a 3C and a top 9 winger that would be amazing.

20 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Well they don't even play the guys who bust their asses. That may help. 

Nobody between Podz, Garland or Hoglander earned more than 11 and a half minutes tonight. 

Our best players got benched. 

Moronic decisions on lineups. 

I mean the coach’s are playing our best players the most, that’s what you should do. The issue is that our best players aren’t playing like our best players. That’s on them, not the coaches. 

Just now, Petey40 said:

I mean the coach’s are playing our best players the most, that’s what you should do. The issue is that our best players aren’t playing like our best players. That’s on them, not the coaches. 

I disagree. Your star players will always have bad games. You play the guys who have good games. That's the point of coaching.

Why work your ass off if you never get a reward for it? 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Kuzy said:

I'm ready for Horvat to go, he's not showing any on-ice leadership, grit, desire to win. Totally just floating out there and he thinks he's a 1C? Even Lazar is outplaying him.

He'll wake up halfway through the season and be great down the stretch when we're already a long shot to make the playoffs, and everyone here will be like "See? He's our heart and soul! Hard minutes! Faceoffs!" and completely ignore how awful he was earlier in the season. 

5 minutes ago, Slegr said:
  • Boeser has been a disappointment, considering this is supposed to be the season he comes ready with all of this fire.
  • Horvat has been a disappointment, considering he's playing for a new contract. 
  • Poolman is the cursed Canuck defender, who can't stay healthy as a Canuck, like Tanev and Salo before him.
  • The refs have made horrible missed calls at terrible times, not only missing 4 min power plays for us, but either keeping the other team on the PP or giving them one.
  • Canucks special teams have been atrocious, and the seemingly-un-fireable Jason King continues to plague our PP units.

But other than that, everything's pretty peachy. 

This is only Boeser's 2nd game since he had no preseason and he has 2 assists.  I would like him to shoot more, but it's way too early to say he's a disappointment.  It's JT Miller that's been really disappointing so far.  This game was way worse than the Oiler game.  He was directly responsible for 2 goals against this game.  

Philly 1 + (Miller 2) -  Vancouver 2

My opinion.

As much as Mikehyev wants to play with Petey and Kuzmenko I think he needs to play with Miller.

Pearson-Miller-Mikehyev

Kuzmenko-Petey-Boeser

Garland-Horvat-Podkolzin

Joshua-Aman-Lazar

Hughes-Schenn

OEL-Burroughs

Stillman-Myers

Demko 

Martin

we lost that game because:

- Horvat was invisible

- we lost key defensive zone face offs 

- our Powerplay wasn’t good and a short handed goal two games in a row is unacceptable

- Kuzmenko didn’t elevate the puck

- Petey one time miss the mark too often 

- Hughes looks off to me like he had a late night or a flu

- boeser is looking super slow 

- we played down a dman most of the game 

- reffing sucked for a momentum changing period 

takeaways:

1. our PK has been okay and it’s been missing Mikehyev and Myers reach so it will only get better. This is a positive. 

2. JT has to outscore is defensive gaffs. Game  1 he did game 2 he didn’t. Needs to be better as a team leader and with the contract he has.

3. if Horvat wants a big extension.. he needs to be better. He’s not doing himself any favors here. 

4. slow starters: Hughes due to the flu he had looks impacted to start the year to me. And Boeser with the injury he’s a. Step behind like the start to last year. Hopefully they get up to speed quick here. Need better from them.

5. OEL looks necessary on the top PP unit right now as short handed goals like we are surrendering are unacceptable. 

6. Burroughs - can he be that player who steps up unexpectedly and play above what we expected? I’m feeling optimistic I like what I’m seeing from him.

7. kuzmenko is doing better than I expected to start the year and expect him to keep learning and getting better. Really like him so far. 

8.Hoglander is a Tasmanian devil on the ice action follows him. Turnovers / steals, scoring chances, penalties drawn and taken. Interesting player.

9. Demko is demko can’t blame him for the loss he gives us a chance every game.

10. Bruce might be worried right now as the results aren’t there and the arrogant / west van / country club attitude of our team is looking stronger than ever. 

id like to see a strong effort and response next game from the squad 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1