The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Oct. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Gotta move Miller to the wing, he is a liability at center

We don’t have a 3C. Someone in 650 call made an interesting comment, team transitions Podz to 3C in the off-season. What you guys think? I like it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Seriously though, what the hell happened to Miller? This is the worst he's been in his entire tenure here. Is he playing with an injury or something? I refuse to believe that it's a case of "He got paid so he stopped trying". 

Hughes play is also hugely concerning. Hard to believe that he's regressed back to his 2020-21 form after taking such huge strides last year. 

I don't have an answer for that but I never wanted him extended. I still believe he peaked last season, and I've got concerns about how he'll age. I wanted to trade him to help bolster our D. Or to get assets we could parlay into roster improvemets. 

I don't buy the he secured the bag bit either but he's looked pretty awful thus far. He can't be this bad all season though I reckon, but I'm not expecting what he did last season to suddenly be his norm. Lot of folks were willing to overlook his defensive play and his effort levels some nights because of his production, if he even drops back down to ppg that'd be a success at this rate. But if he continues to struggle like this, yeah he won't get the benefit of the doubt the way he did. 

He'll be the highest paid player on the team next season, if he can't earn his keep the knives will come out worse than they are. 

I think Quinn is trying to do too much, unfortunately the state of our defense just makes the spotlight shine on him harder. But he can't do it himself, we needed to address our defense in the offseason somehow but couldn't find a way to do it. 

6 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Cap certainty might make him easier to move.  

I'd be checking in with Boston and New Jersey. Boston will still need a Bergeron replacement sooner than later. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

I honestly want to blow it up and trade Petey, Hughes and Demko and restart from scratch. 

We ain't getting this turned around anytime soon. We are wasting their prime at this point. I would rather see Petey and gang hold the cup for another team than being stuck in purgatory with us and wasting their greatness. 

Yeah why would any young player want to waste their prime years for this loser franchise. You want to play for a championship and winning culture then you go to a US team.

I would like to see scorched earth and blow everything up. Tank and suck ass for a few years, build up high draft picks and go from there. If ownership was willing to rebuild properly then the team would at least show signs of improvement and a future vision. This group is just a mess.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Miller and Horvat absolute brain farts in OT. Miller keeps giving up on plays. The guy got paid and forgot how to play defense.

He never forgot, he was never good in the first place.  He’s our Phil Kessel.

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

We don’t have a 3C. Someone in 650 call made an interesting comment, team transitions Podz to 3C in the off-season. What you guys think? I like it.

Just have to put Lazar there & bite the bullet. It's not ideal but atleast he won't have controller disconnected moments every other shift like Miller. 

I have thought about that before with Podz. Would be interesting to see, he's got the 2 way IQ & work ethic for it.

Edited by Smashian Kassian