The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday Oct 20/22 Vancouver Canucks (0-3-1) @ Minnesota Wild (0-3) at Xcel Energy Center 5:00pm PT SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

3 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Taking a L. Why? Because we have this addiction to shoving this horrible logo down our throats. Great colours, much better then our current though.

When we finally have new owners of this team and the team has been rebuilt, it will be really nice to finally see an "Original - new" jersey with no fish, or lumberhacks on it and we can stop living in the past    We are long overdue for a progressive new Jersey.   Hope I'm still alve when that happens.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I was onboard to trade Garland before, but after watching him this season, he's been one of the grittiest, fastest, skilled players out there, always creating scoring chances and drawing penalties. He's got a good cap hit too and some term. Won't back down from anyone.

And it’s all that that made his benching a real head scratcher. Apparently it didn’t sit well with the players either. Maybe old school Bruce thought by pissing off the room they would play better? That sure worked out.

I think that’s all the posts from me until game time. Hope the boys bring it!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I know A LOT of Canucks fan and from what they say and from the general consensus online, most fans want the flying skate, and a black red yellow colour scheme.

Like what the hell is the marketing team thinking.

From the top down to even the social media and marketing..

So much disconnect with the ones that line their pockets from buying merchandise and tickets.

When you have a grade-school level logo come out like this, I think it's safe to say there are a bunch of kids at the helm. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Moronic decision again.

Let's just call a spade a spade, the guy hates small forwards because why possess the puck when you can just give it to the other team so the big guys who refuse to skate can't get it back! 

2 hours ago, EB43 said:

I’m going to make a wild prediction here and say 4-1 Minnesota, no blown lead in this one!!

You should should join up the Prediction thread.    If you're the winner at the end of the season, aside from bragging rights you could win an all expensd trip to..........wait!

Well I finally got the lines I wanted.  I wanted to see Podkolzin with Petey and Kuzy.  And I think Mikheyev and Garland will work well with Miller.  And Pearson Horvat Boeser have lots of chemistry together.  So this is it.  These are the lines we have all been waiting for.  I feel bad for Hoglander.  I would have put him on the 4th line and taken out Joshua.  Joshua does not provide anything at this point and deserves to sit until he learns his job is to be more aggressive and to be a 4th line grinder.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well I finally got the lines I wanted.  I wanted to see Podkolzin with Petey and Kuzy.  And I think Mikheyev and Garland will work well with Miller.  And Pearson Horvat Boeser have lots of chemistry together.  So this is it.  These are the lines we have all been waiting for.  I feel bad for Hoglander.  I would have put him on the 4th line and taken out Joshua.  Joshua does not provide anything at this point and deserves to sit until he learns his job is to be more aggressive and to be a 4th line grinder.

BB with more mind boggling lineup decisions.  Hogz Petey Podz was, by far, the best line for Van against CBJ.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Me too; Podz has taken yet another step with his stellar drives to the net, using his great moves and strength to 'go where he wants to go, and do what he wants to do'.

And all three can skate, deke, pass, and score; they're gonna light it up!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Must win.

If they lose tonight, there will be immense pressure to win their home-opener against BUF. That first game at home after a long road trip is always difficult for VAN, it seems.

Just checked tickets for the home opener online and there tons of tickets, some as low as even $104 on Stub-Hub in the lower bowl!!!!     Never seen so many season opener tickets (on a Saturday night! too) for sale.   Whats going on????    

Edited by RU SERIOUS

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Agree. Joshua has been so underwhelming this season so far. Why do big boys always forget that they're big as soon as they get to Vancouver?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1