The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, stawns said:

I haven seen evidence of that

With respect, we all know how hard linden competes, on and off the ice.  You really think he upped and left the team because they weren’t doing well?   Linden had a vision for this team.  I’m positive he and the owner had different visions.   Owners want to win now now now that’s where the money is… playoffs.  If aquaman can make a man like linden say F this…. What do you think happens when he orders GM’s to nix a trade,  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Did say, the Trotz TYPE but we all knew what happened to a somewhat similar coach with a Cup AND how the player & the fans ran him out of town: Torts.  The team from the owner down, needs to show a united front cause the current roster is: fickle, entitled & divided, and it shows on the, on ice product.  How they are losing, is still the same from when Green was the coach: too easy & they are their own worst enemy; and it seems the loss of Walker & Shaw for the rigid Cull & Yeo, has brought back the same attitude from the roster.   

Imo, the biggest changes that has affected the team negatively and hasn't been mentioned alot, is the loss of Walker and Shaw.

If you need any further proof about yeo then look no at the performance of every team he left - it improved. Really wish they'd boot him and king.

13 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

If you need any further proof about yeo then look no at the performance of every team he left - it improved. Really wish they'd boot him and king.

Yeo, is not a fit for this roster cause they are mentally fragile (easily offended) vs a roster that the Bruins, had when they mugged their way to a cup.  Yep has an overall winning percentage, in the regular season but the past two years had been bad, perhaps his coaching style, is not very compatible with the incoming players ?

Hopefully, it doesn't mean babysitter type coaches are the new norm and the GM's analytic department are the ones, who is really running the show - the Laffs with Dubas.   The games are already, very similar to Disney on ice but the playoffs when the Zebras, are basically just getting their laps in, are still mostly entertaining.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, gurn said:

The issue is jersey tossing, and people's apparent  inability to  figure out it is the least of the issues in Canuck land.

Whole pile of folk, thinking they are better fans, because........

What is next?

Haven't seen that since the 80's so thanks for the laughs.  In this scenario, who's the guy getting the fruit basket?   He's the logical one who's wrong ... so i hope it comes with peaches.   And the Mayor ... is that Bruce or Aquaman?  Or JR ... don't care.   Better save our city those bums. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sassbs said:

With respect, we all know how hard linden competes, on and off the ice.  You really think he upped and left the team because they weren’t doing well?   Linden had a vision for this team.  I’m positive he and the owner had different visions.   Owners want to win now now now that’s where the money is… playoffs.  If aquaman can make a man like linden say F this…. What do you think happens when he orders GM’s to nix a trade,  

If I’m Linden I walk away.  Team made some crappy moves with him as president.   He obviously wasn’t a natural at it.

Why put up with an unhinged fan base during an obvious rebuilding stretch, when he can run his gyms and be a millionaire in peace?  He got out early enough that most fans are re-writing his presidential legacy as we speak.

Edited by ilduce39
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

If I’m Linden I walk away.  Team made some crappy moves with him as president.   He obviously wasn’t a natural at it.

Why put up with an unhinged fan base during an obvious rebuilding stretch, when he can run his gyms and be a millionaire in peace?  He got out early enough that most fans are re-writing his presidential legacy as we speak.

Yeah, as some of us that lived through those years, know he was fired cause Aquaman wasn't interested and he found JB, who was a willing stooge.  But perhaps, JBs' mismanagements were intentional, to make Aquaman look bad and to get fired ?  Cause he knew he will be used, as the scapegoat and the short-term JR hiring, is just a temporary fix, until Aquaman finds another JB ?

What a mess

Edited by ShawnAntoski

7 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

According to the line rushes at practice it looks like Boeser is scratched.

Unless he's injured 

I’d be fine with that. I don’t think he’s been scratched before, has he? Maybe when he first entered the league, with Travis Green clowning it up? Rookie Boeser was so much better than current Boeser, who seems to have lost his sniper shot. This was supposed to be his big comeback year. Unfortunately, if his shot isn’t happening, there’s nothing left with his one dimensional play.

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I remember the first game when CDC was lambasting the Oilers for how expensive their hamburgers/food and beer was. It's more in Vancouver. :picard: Just one of many reasons I'd rather watch at home. 

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

they used to do 'happy half hour' between 6 and 6:30 when you could get beer 1/2 price and a cheapie hot dog. Not sure if thats still a thing. 

Just go to Costco across the street and only ever buy the refillable popcorn at games. 

The Warehouse on Granville has some good cheap food too and drink specials. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1