The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Exactly.  Blowing 2 and 3 goal leads is a perfect way to make it SEEM like we are trying.  Miller is taking one for the team here.  He is playing his role perfectly in our stealth tank for Bedard...

He could just suck atm like the majority of the team. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

According to the line rushes at practice it looks like Boeser is scratched.

Unless he's injured 

Please scratch him. Please… please ……I can’t think of a more useless player in Canucks history. 

i don't agree with the boeser scratching.. if we are holding players accountable the first player that should be scratched is Miller. Boeser isn't doing much.. but he has more points than Miller and he's not costing the team defensively the way Miller is.. if Boeser is useless right now. Miller is beyond useless.. Boeser at least looks like he's trying.. Miller straight up dont give a damn and have to be confronted by Schenn.. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sounds like BB has finally done what the fans want - Miller to wing, Boeser scratched (healthy or not), Aman moved up to 3C.

He's doing everything he can, can't blame the coach on this.

I like Bruce's positivity. If he can't turn this around, then no one can. 

Edited by Jaimito

21 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i don't agree with the boeser scratching.. if we are holding players accountable the first player that should be scratched is Miller. Boeser isn't doing much.. but he has more points than Miller and he's not costing the team defensively the way Miller is.. if Boeser is useless right now. Miller is beyond useless.. Boeser at least looks like he's trying.. Miller straight up dont give a damn and have to be confronted by Schenn.. 

Agree with this entirely, but I think there must be different ways to manage different players and their egos. BB scratched Garland, he comes out and plays a whale of a game and scores a goal. Garland seems to respond to that sort of treatment.

I don't know if Boeser will, I don't think he does, but he hasn't been bad in my books. Sure he's floating a bit but all the Canucks are, and he is racking up assists and not a liability defensively.

As for Miller I'd love to scratch him but who knows how he'd take that sort of treatment. Maybe moving him to the wing is punishment/insult enough to get him going again. Some players take a healthy scratch as a wakeup call, I think it might bruise Miller's ego far too much and end up being more detrimental in the long run.

I also think the Canucks have decided that after signing this big deal, they have hitched their wagon to Miller - they have to get the most out of him and get him playing better. They can't just trade him/scratch him/ignore him, they have to work with him because our success or failure relies on him.

Moving him to the wing is the perfect balance, props to BB.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

No Miller is over doing it getting upset at himself and others.Brock needs a seat and to start playing hockey,well same with Miller.

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Agree with this entirely, but I think there must be different ways to manage different players and their egos. BB scratched Garland, he comes out and plays a whale of a game and scores a goal. Garland seems to respond to that sort of treatment.

I don't know if Boeser will, I don't think he does, but he hasn't been bad in my books. Sure he's floating a bit but all the Canucks are, and he is racking up assists and not a liability defensively.

As for Miller I'd love to scratch him but who knows how he'd take that sort of treatment. Maybe moving him to the wing is punishment/insult enough to get him going again. Some players take a healthy scratch as a wakeup call, I think it might bruise Miller's ego far too much and end up being more detrimental in the long run.

I also think the Canucks have decided that after signing this big deal, they have hitched their wagon to Miller - they have to get the most out of him and get him playing better. They can't just trade him/scratch him/ignore him, they have to work with him because our success or failure relies on him.

Moving him to the wing is the perfect balance, props to BB.

tbh boeser struggling out of the gate is to be expected.. he is coming off a hand surgery and missing training camp again. sure it's not the wrist but hand surgery can affect the way he's gripping his stick. 

the issue i have with moving Miller to the wing.. sure he won't be as big of a liability.. but how does it make him try harder and give a damn? really it's up to the player.. it's their work ethic and attitude that dictates their play.

25 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

No Miller is over doing it getting upset at himself and others.Brock needs a seat and to start playing hockey,well same with Miller.

lol over doing what? he's literally doing nothing except tape to tape passes to the other team putting his teammates in horrible position and throws temper tantrum when confronted by teammates about it.. i have no issue with Miller turning the puck over if he's at least giving a damn hassling his ass back into the play to stop the chance.. but he's not just like last years and the year before and all his years in tampa and ny.. he's been the exact same player defensively throughout his career. all offense and no defense... if we are to rank the 3 worse canucks Miller is #1 boeser and demko is close behind maybe mikheyev too but he's just back from injury so he gets benefit of the doubt. Demko have one of the worse goaltending stats amongst starters.. his sv% is slightly better than fleury only.. we can say defence is bad.. well so is rangers tbh.. the amount of saves shesterkin have to make is pretty crazy if u watch their games... Demko needs to give his team a chance to win.. and he's giving his team 0 chance to win with 4+ goals against every game.. he needs to come and steal a game and have yet to done that.

7 hours ago, igorwasgreat said:

Bedard is such a long shot , there is a few too many teams ( believe it or not) that will have less points than the Canucks by the end of the year. Unless mgt severely knee caps the roster. We’re just not that bad , hey that could be the new slogan for this season “ Come out and spend half your pay cheque, We’re not that bad “

We ain't half bad. We're half good! ::D

People talking about Bedard are silly. No matter where you land it's still a lottery... even if you're last your chances are low.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RWJC said:

Yeah that’s a realistic possibility and all the more reason to truly prepare for the future arms race now. 

Oh we have. Just when all these kids are getting good we'll be paying Miller 8 mil for 30 points while he's playing 4th line wing. :frantic:

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This.  This.  This is what we are playing for.  Look at the guy.  He is a superstar.  Better than Petey.  Let's goooo....

Blow hard for Bedard...

Hee not just better than Petey.  Hes generational like Mcdavid and Crosby.  Theres no question.  

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

But supposedly Miller can turn it around while Boeser cannot.

:rolleyes: